Search Unity

Very unusual graphics problem

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by kennyrogers7272, Jun 2, 2017.

1. kennyrogers7272

kennyrogers7272

I just released a regular update to my game, and numerous users are now reporting a major graphics issue as shown below. I regularly update to the latest version of Unity, and that's what I am running now.

Any ideas? Some buildings are ok, others are not. Some ground surfaces OK, others not. Everything uses the same type of shader (mobile diffuse or specular diffuse). Everything uses mipmaps. Color space set to Linear. I can't think of anything else.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

What platform is this on? This can sometimes happen if you have hit the file size limit for scenes, resources etc. Can you show the file sizes for your build? The scenes and resources.

3. kennyrogers7272

kennyrogers7272

It only affects Mac users. File size after the build is 474mb. Is this what you are asking to see?

Textures 212.6 mb inf%
    Meshes 17.2 mb inf%
    Animations 563.2 kb inf%
    Sounds 16.4 mb inf%
    Shaders 14.2 mb inf%
    Other Assets 32.6 mb inf%
    Levels 110.8 mb inf%
    Scripts 2.3 mb inf%
    Included DLLs 4.1 mb inf%
    File headers 433.3 kb inf%
    Complete size 0.0 kb nan%

I have also attached the Editor Log. Karl, I can't thank you enough for your assistance.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

That doesn't look like the issue I was thinking off, I would expect your file sizes to be much bigger for that. Do you have any of the logs from the users who have the issue? What version are you using?

5. kennyrogers7272

kennyrogers7272

Using 5.6.1f1. Sorry, no logs from users. However, I did have success. I reduced the file sizes of a few images (maybe shaved a few megs off the total file size fwiw) and sent out the new build to my customers. They all reported it working now.

No idea why the issue occurred, maybe sometimes just trying a second time fixes things. Thank you so much.

SIDE TOPIC - If you don't mind I might reach out to you directly, next time I can't get Unity Services to load. That's a whole other topic, and I won't hijack this thread with it.