Search Unity

Bug Very specific issue with unity 5.3.5

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by seduiricewhisper, Nov 1, 2022.

1. seduiricewhisper

seduiricewhisper

So this is a very strange and incredibly specific issue I have here
    Basically, I need to use unity 5.3.5 specifically for porting assets into an older game as a mod of the game, however there must be some kind of incompatibility with my hardware or something because for whatever reason the 64bit version of 5.3.5 specifically crashes immediately after trying to launch it, however the 32 bit version works fine. My specs are RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 16gb of RAM and an 11th gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz (16 CPUs)

The weird part about this is that the 64 bit version of unity 5.3.5 works completely fine on my desktop AND my old laptop
    My desktop has an RTX 3080ti 32gb of ram and a ryzen 7 5800x

My old laptop had a gtx 1660ti and 16gb of ram, cant recall the CPU off the top of my head though.

Someone else I spoke to said it might be some kind of weird incompatibility between newer Intel CPUs and this specific version of unity

If anyone has either had a similar issue and found a fix or just outright knows a solution to this I would love to hear it. I can work with the 32 bit version of the program to an extent but it severely limits what I am able to do due to the memory limit