Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Let us know a bit about your interests, and if you'd like to become more directly involved. Take our survey!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Very slow when attach Unity to Vs2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bagazi, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Bagazi

Bagazi

upload_2018-10-12_17-33-28.png

When I attach unity to vs2017 for debug,It is very slow ,even as no responses.My vs is professional 2017 and my visual studio tools for unity version is 3.8.0.7 ...

2. FMark92

FMark92

Post computer specs.

Ryiah likes this.
  3. Bagazi

Bagazi

4. Ryiah

Ryiah

Visual Studio is a very heavy application and it has only gotten worse over the last few years. My previous system - an AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.4GHz, 16GB DDR3-1333, and a 1TB HDD - was about the same age range as the system you're running now.

Upgrading your processor will make a significant difference but the most important part of your computer for Visual Studio is the one you neglected to tell us. Upgrading my old system from a 1TB HDD to a 512GB SSD brought the start time for Visual Studio from 60 to 90 seconds to 6 to 9 seconds.

Upgrading the processor and memory - to an AMD Ryzen 5 1600X and 16GB DDR4-2666 - brought the start time down even further. I just timed it after a reboot and it's approximately 2 to 3 seconds at most. Everything else involving it including compiling scripts is massively faster than my previous system.

Antypodish likes this.
  5. Antypodish

Antypodish

I agree, SSD vs HDD makes big difference.

BlankDeed likes this.
  6. BlankDeed

BlankDeed

Thirded because this is real shiz.

7. BrewNCode

BrewNCode

So moral of the story, wait for cyber monday and buy the best SSD and put it on your machine.