Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Very Slow Builds

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by TerabyteTim, Feb 14, 2018.

1. TerabyteTim

TerabyteTim

I'm attempting to build my projects with cloud build, but am experiencing very slow build times. My first build it had to rebuild the entire library cache, and took 36 minutes, which was expected.

However subsequent builds have successfully grabbed the cached library, but still take 29 minutes. Considering it only takes 1-2 minutes on my local machine this seems very odd.

Does anyone know what may be causing a build to progress very slowly like this, even when the library has been successfully cached? I've attached a log from my latest build, which took 29 minutes and used a cached library.

Attached Files:

2. TerabyteTim

TerabyteTim

Anyone have any ideas on why this may be happening? Cloud builds seem like a great tool, but if I could build, archive, and share the build via Dropbox on my local machine in less time than the cloud build does it it doesn't seem there's a major reason to use them.

3. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Thank you for raising this concern.

Cloud Build is intended to take care of your builds so you can continue adding functionality and fixing bugs in your project. This should save you time by not having to halt development, having the ability to build multiple targets concurrently, share your builds automatically and manage build failures more effectively. Cloud Build does take slightly longer than building locally, for reasons explained here.

If you believe that your project is taking an unreasonable amount of time and would like us to analyse your build logs for potential improvements, please submit a ticket with Unity support via the Cloud Build section in the developer dashboard.