Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

very low revenue with strange stats

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by serioustommy, Apr 18, 2015.

1. serioustommy

serioustommy

I can't really make sense of the stats I'm seeing here (image attached).

I know that we are not sending much traffic a day (~500 completed views a day) but after accumulating nearly 30k views in 2 months and not seeing any revenue sadly we have to turn it off.

We mediate the video ads based on eCPM and without guarantee that increasing traffic is going to suddenly improve eCPM we just can't risk doing so.

We are using rewarded video ads exclusively. Maybe there's something wrong in our setting but support couldn't figure out what's wrong either. Also our traffic is mainly non-US based so that could be part of the reason.

Just wanted to share our experience.

Attached Files:

2. HakanOzcan

HakanOzcan

No answer? I start to worry about unity ads... Lots of unanswered posts about low revenues...

3. serioustommy

serioustommy

There are so many alternatives out there there's really no point spending time and effort dwelling on a single provider. We've already moved on to the other ones that work well for us.

Every app's circumstances are different and can affect revenues greatly. That said rewarded video ads in UnityAds is without a doubt the one with the lowest eCPM amongst the 5 others we are using (based on the image I attached we are getting around $0.1 eCPM in the 2 month that we used it) Again I stress that every app is different and this is just our experience.

Another interesting thing is that Crossy Road (the game that UnityAds features prominently) seems to have started using other video ad providers as well. I'm seeing Adcolony in the game now so maybe they are seeing better revenues elsewhere as well. This is just speculations.

4. zombox

zombox

Your rewarded video ad eCPM is $0.10???

You must be doing something wrong. Do you allow users to skip your video ads or force them to play the whole thing? Is your app a game or a utility?

I've been using rewarded video ads for a few months now. The eCPM is pretty consistently between $6-$10, usually hovering right around the $8 mark. And that's for a total of about 3.5 million completed views, so a pretty good sample size.

Salazar likes this.
  5. taecg

taecg

We have a few weeks of continuous ePCM is less than 1$, I really do not understand what is going on? Can't wait for the official to statement.

6. serioustommy

serioustommy

3.5 million completed views is a lot. Maybe you'll need a certain traffic per day before revenue will actually kick in. We have 27k completed views over 2 months and $2.5 revenues in total, which amounts to around $0.1 eCPM. There's either something wrong with our implementation or their stats reporting.

The last support email from them mentions something in the mediation layer that they are looking into, but never follows up after that so we'll never know. This is back in end of January though so they might have fixed it by now but I don't have any confirmation on that.

7. CyberTurboPlays

CyberTurboPlays

after see this post, i will postpone intergrate Uads in mines indefinitely la, thats rediculous, with that many reward video shown, only yield that much of the revenues. it sure is unpleasant to see.

8. HeikkiTunkelo

HeikkiTunkelo

Unity Technologies

@serioustommy That definitely sounds way off.

Nothing major is going on the network. The average (over all games) CPM's are keeping steady at levels zombox mentioned. Of course there are a lot of variation based on country & platform. But numbers should definitely not be in the range serioustommy is describing.

I'd suggest you send your information (gameId and store-links) to our support box so we can take a better look. (Or you can send them to me directly in PM and I'll take a look). You mentioned you are using medation. What mediation service are you using?

Cheers,
    Heikki

Ps. I'm sorry that we've been a bit more quiet in the forums lately.

Salazar likes this.
  9. unexpect3rd

unexpect3rd

I will be watching this thread. I was contacted by a UAds rep after one of my games got front-page featured. It was also that time I needed to push an update with reward videos into the game. I'd implemented UAds now and gone live.

Looking at the stats (from the generated csv report) of the pass two days, I am just wondering why there are some video views not generating revenue. Does skipped videos not count towards impression? Have gotten 16k videos started and 5k videos completed with a eCPM around $5. To be honest, I had seen better results with Admob's video+interstitial ad in the same game before I replaced them with UAds.

The rep also mentioned to me that eCPM is also affected by the "quality of viewers", wonder what that means exactly.

If things continue to not impress me, I might switch over to Adcolony

10. chpax_159

chpax_159

Stop Spaming!, please :)

11. Salazar

Salazar

Yes stop it!

chpax_159 likes this.