Search Unity

Very Low eCPM?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Hesthia, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Hesthia

Hesthia

Hello.

I published my game this week and is generating a lot of downloads but my eCPM is too low. I do not know if this is correct and therefore I am getting discouraged with Unity ADS and I intend to go to another platform if am wrong. Someone can assess whether this is correct or if I have to set up some other way? Thank you!

Attached Files:

• Doc.jpg
      Doc.jpg
      File size:
      120.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Hesthia

Hesthia

Ads Requests and complet

Attached Files:

• Icm.png
      Icm.png
      File size:
      16.2 KB
      Views:
  3. scbundy

scbundy

Only a third of your videos are getting completed. Which is probably why it's low. But I do agree that the revenue from UnityAds in general doesn't appear to be all that great.

4. scbundy

scbundy

BTW, you're getting an amazing number of views. I don't know how many downloads you have but well done, in any case.

To compare, yesterday I had 80 videos completed. It was my best day so far.

5. hakankaraduman

hakankaraduman

I also have 3$ ecpm for now, it's very low. It started as 26$ and I got excited, but it's getting lower and lower everyday. I'm considering using another video ad service.

6. Salazar

Salazar

upload_2015-6-28_9-57-42.png

@hakankaraduman

This revenue generated in 1 day with 25 video views.It depends of campaigns i think. And the avarage.

Regards,

hakankaraduman likes this.
  7. scbundy

scbundy

I have a similar result as Salazar. My iPhone game had between 30 and 70 video views for the first couple days and I earned $6.00. Then a week or so later another $1.50. That was nearly 2 months ago. After I fell off the 7 day cliff my video views dropped to between 5 and 20 a day. But I haven't earned any more money since the second week. Even though I've had hundreds of views since.

I don't think I'll ever get to $100 at this rate. So I'm pretty disappointed. It doesn't seem right to me that between all the versions of my games I can display thousands of videos and not get paid a single penny.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    itzclay36 likes this.
  8. Yaskina

Yaskina

I agree the rate is to low, I think Unity should go 50/50 on the ad revenue They have nothing to lose and everything to gain as they would get more developers there ad network would be number one and people would pay more to put ads in the network and the major thing is developers would invest more in marketing in turn making Unity more money. So yah if they went 50/50 it would increase there revenue and developers would be more successful... Developers spend all the money, spend all the time, create the idea, take the risk, invest in marketing, make their game worse by putting annoying ads in it, just to be given squat. Shame on Unity i have done the math they have left F*** all on the bone, they cleaned the bone as good as they could... Just saying

TechiTech likes this.
  9. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Unity Ads revenue for me has been gradually increasing ever since i started using them.
    At first revenue was low and i almost removed them, but now i am glad i did not.
    3 months later and i am getting more revenue from them than all my other Ads places combined.
    So don't expect great things within first few weeks (or days!!), stick to too it!

P.S I've been getting same amount of downloads from day 1 of Unity Ads, as i am doing in the current days, so maybe the longer they are used the more you get?

10. DarkSlash

DarkSlash

In the FAQ they say that pay 6 to 12 dollars per 1000 video started (not completed). Make number: you have 315905 video started. Let's say they pay the LOWEST rate (6 dollars) so you earned 1895.43 dollars JUST for the video started + the money they pay if the user downloads the app once the video ended. In my case, THEY'RE NOT PAYING ME FOR VIDEOS PLAYED, as they promised, but only if the user downloads the app. I think that your case is the same, as the numbers don't match at all, even if we take the lowest paying rate.

11. DaveSheep

DaveSheep

UnityAds isn't doing very good for me right now aswell.
    I got 239 completed views the other day and made and i got 2.67$. That was alright.
    the day after that i recieved 218 completed views and made... nothing.
    It took 4 days until i recieved revenue again but that was only 0.30$
    This can't be it... across these days i've got 0.30$ for almost 500 completed views. I'm sorry but that is unacceptable.
    I'll wait and see how it does this weekend and then i'll have to go back to chartboost if it is not getting any better.

12. DarkSlash

DarkSlash

BigSheep this is because they DON'T pay for the videos you play, but for the apps users download after the video is played. They say one thing on the website, and then do another different thing on the system.

13. hakankaraduman

hakankaraduman

Can you also share your statistics with chartboost video ads?

14. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Hi folks,

I've addressed some of these concerns in a separate thread. Please see the details of it here. If you have further concerns, please feel free to contact me directly via a private conversation with your game ID, developer ID, and login account so I can look up the details of your account.

If you prefer you can contact Unity Ads support directly by selecting Contact Us from the Unity Ads Admin and filling out the details of your issue. That form will include the necessary developer and game info when submitted to our support system, which would help expedite these sort of support issues.