Search Unity

Very low ecpm unexpectedly

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by kamalham, Jun 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kamalham

kamalham

hi every one for the last 7 days i got
    Videos started 5200
    Fill rate 99.2
    Ecpm 0.83

İ got 4.5 $ for 5200 ads shown an thats is unexpected
    İ contacted unity ads and i recived a fast respond talking about general things we all aready know about impleminting ads well and the quality of the ads but i think this is not my problem there must be something wrong,
    My ads implemented well in my game and i use both rewarded and unrewaded videos bit all i got is 4.5 $ for 5200 ads shown.
    I hope i get a good answer or someone check if anything is wrong.
    Thanks
    Game name : the legendary boy run
    Most impressions came from the android version as i launced an adwords campaign.

rahulnaik9010 likes this.
  2. Hung183

Hung183

Ecpm depend on the user in any country, for example in the US, Europe is very high, whereas the countries in South America or Southeast Asia lower.
    And with your data, I feel normal.

3. kamalham

kamalham

0.8 ecpm cannot be true there must be something wrong or maybe delay in calculations
    I recived too much more before for the same country that most recived the recent ads
    Why now 0.8 i can not believe i even stopped the adwords campaign until i know what's going on .

AlanTaehyung likes this.
  4. Dragonic8926

Dragonic8926

This is the hard truth.

Don't trust the FAQ and their "average of 6~12$ eCPM", this must be only for apps with millions of downloads or lucky winners.
    With my app (more than 10000 downloads, excellent reviews 4.6/5, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chaosvision.zero&hl=en ), I won only 37.92$ from 38649 video started, 37317 viewed (mostly from US, FR , NZ and DE, so top 1~3 tiers), all rewarded ads, and an average of 98% fill rate. That's only 1$ eCPM !

They always try to speak about "implementing ads well" and "quality of the ad" like you said. But this is meaningless because theirs servers don't know your game, don't know how it work, how the user will start and why they will start viewing an ad. The only data they will get is if the user saw the ad, when, and if he chose to install the advertised game ! Only based on that you'll get revenue based on the advertiser campaign mode (CPI : cost per install, or CPV : cost per view). In fact most of the ads in this network must be CPI, that's why we got nothing from only viewed ads. If it's true it's not UnityAds fault, but the advertisers. That' doesn't change the fact that we got almost nothing from this network !

My opinion: don't use UnityAds anymore, and switch for something else, this can only be better unless you are able to target players who will install advertised games because this is almost the only way to get revenues it seems for UnityAds. I will personaly switch for AdMob soon, I'm fed up with UnityAds !

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    bkrjokhio and kenkaneeki2000 like this.
  5. zworp

zworp

It's all about which players you got.

The same game with the exact same ads implementation got an ecpm of $23.3 on iOS and $2.1 on Android, (with about half a million impressions on each platform.)

Shashank2703 likes this.
  6. Carkcevirkazan

Carkcevirkazan

Bende Turkiyeden uygulamama unity ads kullanıyorum ve ecpm çok çok düşük
    Su an türkiyede 0.23 cent 1000 gösterime
    Ecpm 'nin yükselmesi için ne tavsiye edersiniz teşekkürler

7. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

Revenue depends on region, campaign availability, and the advertising market price, which can fluctuate over time. It generally takes around 5000 impressions to see consistent, predictable revenue in the dashboard.

The best thing you can do is increase the number of impressions in your game, either by optimizing the ad placement or getting more users into your game. I would recommend taking a look at our Best Practices Guide:
    https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/resources/best-practices

personalmailme2day likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.