Search Unity

very little Unity Archviz examples/samples and Tutorials

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zackzan, Apr 8, 2021.

1. zackzan

zackzan

Hi All
    I am new to Unity...and I want to implement it in my workflow
    I currently use 3ds max and corona for archviz
    but i want to use unity as my next stage with 3ds max import into unity.
    The problem is I am not seeing very much unity Archviz samples out there.
    also tutorials are even harder to find. i would appreciate being point in the right direction

2. MDADigital

MDADigital

There is nothing special with Archviz compared to a normal game with Unity. They generally use higher resolution lightmaps but thats about it. Any lightmapping tutorial can be applied to Archviz

3. andyz

andyz

Yes there are few examples, but same tech, same issues about how best to optimise your models for whichever real-time platform you are using.
    Hopefully you would want to target desktops with good graphics cards so you can use the HDRP pipeline for realism.

4. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Just follow any tutorials on how to setup a scene using HDRP, and add some basic pre-built movement controller and colliders and you are good to go (if you want to move around the space)

There is nothing arch-viz specific about any of that :)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  5. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

I'd recommend the new HDRP template. It has a small courtyard with an outdoor lighting scenario and a few rooms to demonstrate interior lighting. Should be a good start for realistic rendering of architectural structures.

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  6. sxa

sxa

7. zackzan

zackzan

thank you for your response will check it out

8. zackzan

zackzan

9. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Unity HDRP can compete very well provided you set it up correctly :)

10. MDADigital

MDADigital

Yupp, but I think Unreal scales better. Though not a problem in Archviz since the scenes tend to be rather small

Some HDRP archviz in Unity

11. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Agreed it does scale better. If I wanted to do some sort of BIM-Vis for an entire city or even a section of one I would use unreal, but for normal archvis unity will suffice and probably will be faster to iterate with - but I have not done ArchVis in ages so not really up to date with latest Unreal workflow so maybe its faster now with things like TwinMotion available for Unreal

12. MDADigital

MDADigital

I havent worked with HDRP but I have worked more than I like with lightmapping and the workflow is literal pain :D Though maybe Bakery can mitigate some of that, havent tried it yet. Using PLM GPU. Also if you dont care about texels resultion optmizations (which you probably dotn need in a small scene) you can increase that and lots of problems goes away.

13. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Voronoi likes this.
  14. Voronoi

Voronoi

This looks like a good system to get your models imported from various formats. Honestly, that's the biggest headache to archviz is bringing in the models. I would compare twinmotion to whatever is available in Unity and go with the best importing system. After that, it's just tweaking the lighting settings for your render.

The demo scene for HDRP is quite good at changing lighting conditions as you move through a space. If that's important, maybe it's a selling point for HDRP. Anytime I've done this kind of thing for visualization, I haven't really needed to change lighting that dramatically.

MDADigital and MadeFromPolygons like this.
  15. MDADigital

MDADigital

@zombiegorilla Stop removing my posts without any notification or valid reasons

16. ippdev

ippdev

Valid reasons would most likely be off topic, bad advice and/or continued recalcitrance in this regards.

17. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

It wasn't me. Additionally, you are notified when your junk posts are removed. Spam is explicitly prohibited, do it again, and you risk banning.

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  18. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Check your alerts/notifications. When posts are removed they show up as alerts/notifications with a reasoning behind it.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  19. MDADigital

MDADigital

Nope, I dont get notifcation.. And I dont spam. In this thread I had a screen shot on specular vs none specular. It was removed without any kind of notification.

20. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Nah you definately do spam, you spam almost every thread with plugs to your game when nobody asks, a lot of the time its barely related and most of the time its not related at all.

Anyway, issue is over, lets get back to the thread at hands topic

angrypenguin and neginfinity like this.