Search Unity

Question Very Large Hi res Shared 3D Medical Assets

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Content Delivery' started by darashayda, Sep 28, 2021.

1. darashayda

darashayda

We are in possession of very large medical assets for the entire human body:

We like to provide these for our applications and other Unity asset providers and medical researchers:

These assets are priced at many hundreds of thousands of dollars a year license fees and out of the reach of most medical professionals and teachers and students and application developers. But we are able to provide them for Unity developers.

Questions to CCD team:

Assumptions: assets are each in GB range on hard disk, most probably these medical apps will be Desktop only.

Please answer these questions separately so I could track your response in the replies below.

1. Could we publish Asset Store packages to access the PUBLIC read-only buckets? I might have missed the Public Read-only buckets...

2. If the Desktop users cache a bucket then exit the Unity Editor, does the cached asset persist via some local file on the hard disk? Or the cached assets is wiped out! Similarly if the Player who is running the binary build used the asset could they cache the asset on the hard drive as an option?

3. How could we limit the access to the Public Read-only bucket via our Unity Package? So only those who downloaded the Asset Store package could access the Public Bucket.

4. Are there any other limiting factors in dealing with such asset situations? Are there any other functions or services at CCD we could use to help out with these super large assets?

Dara

2. darashayda

darashayda

I forgot to mention, Unity has no physics of soft bodies and most of the asset store vendors lack such physics as well. The bucket of course include the references to the physics, in some cases we might release Recurring Graph Neurnal Nets for some organs and that model and its script are included in the bucket references of the included Prefabs.