Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Very grammar. Much wow.

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by gilgm, May 21, 2016.

1. gilgm

gilgm

I was met with a helpful error message, after *unplaying* our games today. 5.4b15

Thoughts? I tried throwing a brick at my monitor, but that didn't work....

-M

2. ElvisAlistar

ElvisAlistar

Unity Technologies

That error message needs some improvement, yes. I don't know if you are getting that for the same reasons, but here is a bug about this I assigned to our developers just yesterday: Unity crashes with that error message when going to play mode, if you have an active object that is a child of an inactive object and the active object has a Missing Script Reference error on it.

Since we already have at least this one scenario to reproduce this issue, you might see it fixed in one of the following betas.

Maybe someone else can clarify the actual error.

3. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

You'll see this dialogue if Unity tries to allocate memory while it's in the middle of unloading unused assets (which is one of the things that happens when exiting playmode). Unfortunately there's no way to tell from that dialogue alone where the allocation is coming from; the editor log file should have more information, though.

4. elbows

elbows

Disallow is spelt wrong in that error message.