Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Very Exciting project (with some feature requests)

Discussion in 'Virtual Production Previews' started by Girum_Tibebu, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Girum_Tibebu

Girum_Tibebu

I have tested both of the apps on iPhone X and its awesome. I am especially interested on the virtual camera project.
    My production studio wanted to have virtual production system for live events. and i was trying to implement it using unity for creating the XR environment since I'm a long-time unity user and very comfortable with it.
    We use vive tracker or oculus controllers as camera tracker, video input/output using Blackmagic SDI capture cards, NDI for sharing video outputs to other applications as well as preview monitor output on android tablet. It was important for our case to use a professional camera since we use green screen and keying.

Unfortunately, we had to use Unreal since it has out of the box solutions at that time. But we still want to implement it using Unity. that's why am interested on the virtual camera project. I would love it if you can give me more information on these:
    1. Is there a plan to scale the project to incorporate different camera tracking devices in addition to Arkit?
    2. Support different camera and tracking control protocols like PTZ and FreeD
    3. Native SDI, NDI and Chroma Keying support (There are assets from Kalk as well as on assetstore but if a native one will be preferred for sure)
    4. Other protocols that are standard in live production environment like OSC, DMX, ArtNet, MIDI and Smpte timecodes. (There are assets from Kalk as well as on assetstore but if a native one will be preferred for sure)

There is a lot of demand for virtual production and I am sure it's going to grow and if we can have a project specifically targeting this business sector it'll be great.

Thanks.