Search Unity

Very buggy..

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by mrm83, May 9, 2015.

1. mrm83

mrm83

Unity analytics seems very buggy for me.

Revenue doesn't seem to show up all the time. I am calling the same transaction call and sometimes it comes up in dashboard while sometimes my transactions don't show up.

Custom events are coming in for one game, while it is blank for my other game.

ie: this won't work
    public void LogClick(stringclick) {
    UnityAnalytics.CustomEvent("Click", newDictionary<string, object>
    {
    { "Button", click }
    });
    }

And no, this is not a "wait 4 hours" issue because i've waited longer than that and the dashboard has last updated show as few minutes ago.

2. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

The above code snippet has a bug in it ('click' in the Dictionary is going to resolve to null), so it's possible that the reason the event is failing is because of that. A couple of suggestions:
    1. Use the Event Validator to confirm that your code works. Even though you need to wait 4-6 hours for events to process, they show up in the validator almost instantly. If they don't appear in the validator, odds are you're not actually sending them.
    2. UnityAnalytics.CustomEvent has a return value, which you can check (output it via Debug.Log). The response is an Enum which will tell you if the event succeeded, or give you a hint as to why it failed.
    Hope that helps!

3. mrm83

mrm83

it is showing in the dashboard now. took over 48 hours for it to appear. but i don't know if anything is missing.