Search Unity

Very basic Post Processing issue. Cannot get Post Processing to show when running.

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by zelrender, Feb 22, 2019.

1. zelrender

zelrender

Hi all,

here is my first post, I'm new to Unity and Cinemachine and Post Processing.

I'm using the latest Unity, Cinemachine and Post Processing V2.

My scene is 2d and my setup with cameras and Cinemachine is as follows:

I have one Main Camera which has a Cinemachine Brain attached. I also have a CM Virtual Camera which looks at my scene. This setup works fine.

The Main Camera has it's Layer set to PostProcessing. Both Post Processing Layer and Volume components are attached, into which I have added a PP Profile which calls for an Chromatic Aberration effect.

The Virtual Camera has it's Layer set to PostProcessing. I have added an extension to the Cinemachine Virtual Camera component called CineMachine Post Processing. In this I has add that same PP Profile.

The Chromatic Aberration effect is present in the Game Window, but when I run the game by pressing the Play button in Unity (top centre) the effect is not there.

I don't know what I'm missing. Please help.

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

If you have a global PP volume active somewhere in the scene (e.g. the one attached to your main camera) then you don't need one on the vcam. The vcam profiles are for shot-specific overrides.

Can you try removing the CinemachinePostProcessing extension from your vcam, and see if the problem goes away?

3. zelrender

zelrender

Did not help.

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

I'm wondering if you have a second camera in your scene that gets activated when you press play.

Can you try reproducing this problem in a new, empty scene, just to eliminate interference from other elements in your scene?

5. raaan127

raaan127

I'm having the same issue, Post processing not showing. I created new project to check if it is because of my game or not, and in new project it also not showing.
    Effect that I want to get is motion blur

I captured the issue in this video
    (post processing part is about 10:00)

6. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies