Search Unity

Very Animation - Animation Editor - [Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AloneSoft, Oct 20, 2017.

1. OddKidToons

OddKidToons

Not a breaking problem. What would be causing this in the last update?
    upload_2022-11-19_10-50-58.png

2. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

This is a rare error by the UI.
    It seems that this error often occurs when the script is updated due to an asset update, etc., and processing is interrupted by compilation.
    If this is displayed every time, it's a bug and a problem, but I'm guessing that it can be ignored if this is a one-time update.

3. OddKidToons

OddKidToons

yeah just started in this last update.
    Yes just started i this last update. Seems to be triggered by the vety animation window.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
  4. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Just to confirm, does this error keep appearing all the time, not just once when importing?
    In that case, delete the VeryAnimation folder and try installing again.
    If you still have problems, please provide a detailed screenshot of what the error is about.
    I need something that tells me which part of the VeryAnimationWindow is happening.
    Ignore this if you see the error only once.
    thank you.

5. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.19 has been released.
    - ADD : Unity 2022.2 support
    - FIX : Fixing errors that occur in Unity2023.1

jawasjnsdjn likes this.
  6. spikezart

spikezart

Hi, I have this error message when attempting to edit: "Animation Clip Settings Mirror is enabled. Since it does not correspond, it does not operate normally. Please disable it"

I'm not sure what that is trying to say but clearly it is requesting the mirror option not to be enabled in the animation clip. However the animation clip has not got mirror enabled so I don't know what else I can do.

Please advise.
    Thanks

7. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

mirror.png
    Hello.
    This error message is to ask you to disable the mirror as it is not yet supported for editing with it enabled.
    This is a setting item for the position of the image.
    Are you saying that this part of the clip settings is not enabled, but the error is still displayed?
    I assume that there is no error in the display itself, since the animation settings are retrieved to determine the mirror's validity status.

Please check the setting of the clip you are editing again.
    And if the Mirror is still disabled after checking, there may be something wrong with the glitch.
    If that is the case, I will investigate and if possible, could you please provide me with the clip?

spikezart likes this.
  8. spikezart

spikezart

My mistake, I found a second setting enabling mirror. Both are now disabled. Thank you for your prompt reply.

9. Spikebor

Spikebor

Hello, I still have this error that I point out a while back.
    Dunno why, the first time I made the animation, the green skeleton will be same as the character skeleton (blue), but the next time I open anim to edit, the green skeleton will be like that.
    upload_2023-3-29_19-47-1.png

Also please add vertical scroll bar for the Help section. I can not see the remaining parts.

upload_2023-3-29_19-46-53.png

10. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Hello.
    Thank you for your report.

We know that this problem is still occurring, but we are not sure what is affecting it and we are not able to reproduce it here with certainty.
    The reason is that even if this happens here, the problem disappears once the edit is finished and started again and updated internally.
    If the problem does not occur the first time, but it does occur the second time, is it certain that it will occur the third and subsequent times as well?
    If you are currently able to reproduce this condition reliably, and if so, would you be willing to provide us with the Unity project data for our investigation?
    We will only use it to investigate the problem, so a project with the smallest possible reproducible state is fine.

A scrollbar to Help will be added in the next update.

11. Spikebor

Spikebor

So I go and make a new clean project with clean character then have no problem with it.
    Then I go back to my project and make a clean character with nothing other than Animator then it also has no problem.
    I guess using my complex character with many scripts don't play well with VA.
    If strip down character to a simple project generate no problem then I guess there is no need to send haha.
    From now on I'll work with animation using clean character then.

Thank you!

12. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Are you saying that the problem occurs with a character that has some other asset or other component?
    I am currently in the process of fixing a problem that occurs with a VA using other assets.
    If possible, could you please give me information on any other assets or other components used in the character for reference?

13. Spikebor

Spikebor

It's a ton of scripts. I rather not inspect it haha.

14. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Okay, thank you very much.
    We are currently working on a change to the green skeleton to prevent other scripts from affecting it.
    The next update may fix this issue, so please wait for that.
    Thank you in advance for your patience.

Spikebor likes this.
  15. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.20 has been released.
    - ADD : Help : add scrollbar
    - FIX : Fixed other components such as root motion control so that they do not affect animation behavior
    - FIX : AnimationRigging : Fixed to be able to move to a hierarchy other than the one directly under Root after creating a VARig.
    - FIX : Fixing errors that occur in Unity2023.1

16. code-and-design-inc

code-and-design-inc

Tools/Keyframe Reduction not fond.
    Please tell me how to do keyframe reduction for animation files. It doesn't exist in the tools pulldown.

17. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Hello.
    This is an instructional video on keyframe reduction.
    keyframe reduction.png
    Can you find it in the image position using the method in this video?
    If you cannot find it in the same place in the menu after checking this one, it is not normal.
    Could you please provide a screenshot of the same situation for confirmation?

18. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.21 has been released.
    - ADD : Unity 2023.1 support
    - ADD : Timeline : Added process to automatically lock TimelineWindow when editing.
    - FIX : Timeline : Fixed a problem that playback cannot be performed with shortcut keys on Unity2023.1 or later

19. Spikebor

Spikebor

Hi bro, can explain why when I move my character with Z axis, it goes up Y axis? (generic rootmotion)
    upload_2023-10-23_1-44-40.png

20. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

RootNode.png
    Hello.
    I am just guessing, but is there a non-zero rotation in the root node or its upper levels, etc.?
    Since the cause of the problem is currently unknown, if you wish and if possible, please provide us with the project data and we will investigate.

21. Spikebor

Spikebor

Hi, I just sent the file to your inbox.
    This bug me too since I do have zero pos/rot/scale for the root node.

22. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Thank you for providing the data.
    First of all, I could not figure out the mystery of this behavior either.
    Even as far as I tried with AnimationWindow without using VA, it changed depending on whether or not I specify root for the Root node.
    Looking at the data, I think it would be better to specify Armature for the Root node instead of Armature/root.
    In this case, the animation can be created without any strange phenomenon, and the root motion works by generating Motion or Root curve after creation.

There is an example in the VeryAnimation/Demo/RootMotion sample, but we know three patterns for Generic's root motion behavior.
    The response depends on which one you choose.

motion.png
    The first is to directly manipulate the root motion by using MotionTQ handles that can be selected in Tools/RootMotion/Motion Curves.
    This is no problem with the current Root node specification.

The second method is to generate the Root or Motion Curves in Tools/RootMotion after creating the animation in Transform.
    It may be necessary to change the Root node to Armature.

The third one is not relevant this time because it is a case where Avatar is not specified.

Spikebor likes this.
  23. Spikebor

Spikebor

Thank you! so we only have this problem because of Blender. I don't understand why they keep that Armature bone on export even though it's not necessary and produces bug like this.

24. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.22 has been released.
    - FIX : Disable unnecessary Log output in Unity 2022.3 or later

25. Spikebor

Spikebor

Hi bro, while animating the most thing I do is QuickSave1 and QuickLoad1, to copy paste current pose.
    Can you add a shortcut for these two thanks?

pdinklag likes this.
  26. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Hello.
    I think it's a very good suggestion, so I'll add it in the next update soon.

pdinklag and Spikebor like this.
  27. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.23 has been released.
    - ADD : Shortcuts : Added Pose/QuickSave1 and Pose/QuickLoad1

28. LewBowStudios

LewBowStudios

Heya, thanks for making this great tool! Just got a quick question! Is it possible to create animations for FPS hands using the asset and how should i set it up to do so? I was only able to find tutorials showing you editing entire humanoid character animations, which all looked great ofc!

29. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Hello.
    If the model is purely a hand model, select Generic for AnimationType, and you can edit it as shown in the image.
    hand.png
    Test results with the following free assets.
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/stylized-simple-hands-221297
    Functions that are only available in Humanoid cannot be used, but you can edit them without any problems.

30. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.24 has been released.
    - ADD : Unity 2023.2 support
    - FIX : Fixed an issue where range selection was not possible in Unity 2023.2 or later

31. SireCoffee

SireCoffee

I love how easy it is to use the Very Animation asset, it's very much worth every penny.

However I did come across an issue. Whether or not it is a Very Animation problem or not is still unknown to me though.
    Every time I use a trigger button ( ie. Left Mouse Click on Game Object ) to activate an animation, everything on my 3D character from the hips down just jumbles upwards. However, when I let the animation play via transition or on it's own. It works fine.

I use Vroid models, so I'm wondering if something from that is causing it and if so, what. Since it seems to play just fine anywhere else except when trigger activated.

PS. I also use Game Creator 2, as I barely understand how to code unless doing so visually. Just more-so artist friendly.

32. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Hello.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but we do not have enough information regarding the issue you are facing and it is difficult to understand the situation.

VeryAnimation does not perform any operations other than during editing, so if we assume that the problem is caused by VA, the likely problem is that extra AnimationCurve information is created in the Transform where the position changes. Or something like that?
    Or, it may be related to the Animator or AnimationClip settings related to animation.
    We cannot know this without looking at the project and checking the various settings.

If you can provide us with a video recording of the situation, we may be able to help us understand the situation and provide advice.

33. SireCoffee

SireCoffee

Sorry, I'll try to clarify.
    I did do some more testing on it and it seems that whenever I apply an animation made by very animation onto my character model, it bugs out.

The legs end up clumping upwards together whenever I press play and the character sinks through the floor.
    It could be an issue with Very Animation because whenever I use the base animation with GC2, that works fine.

It could also be that very animation just isn't compatible with Game Creator 2, but again, I'm not sure.
    --------------------------

EDIT:

I tested things out with Game Creator's animator controller and it turns out I need to use it's default controller rather than set up my own. Very animation works well with it that way.

Also, apparently I didn't have a proper character controller for GC2 so that's why my character didn't animate properly.

Thank you for your help though.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2023
  34. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Hello.
    First of all, the problem with the abnormal feet is that the FootIK is enabled even though there is no FootIK information in the Clip created by the VA.
    Please check your video by displaying the subtitles, as creating the FootIK information will solve the problem.

Other than that, the cause of the problem is unknown, but it is Unity's AnimationClip that is created by the VA, and that is not a special proprietary specification of this asset.
    Therefore, we do not think the problem will occur when combined with other assets, etc.
    I assume that it is probably a problem with the AnimatorController or AnimationClip settings.