Search Unity

Very Animation - Animation Editor - [Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AloneSoft, Oct 20, 2017.

1. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

MostHated likes this.
  2. pdinklag

pdinklag

3. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

The problem was the ability to place "Selection" in a single window on the scene.
    The Unity fix that caused this issue was done in Unity 2021.2.3f1 unlike the release notes.
    Therefore, you can use it without any problem by using the latest version.

pdinklag likes this.
  4. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.12 has been released.
    - ADD : Unity2021.2 support
    - FIX : Timeline : Error correction in Version 1.6 or later

5. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.13 has been released.
    - FIX : Fixed an error that occurred when the Inspector display of AnimationClip was replaced by CustomEditor.

6. pdinklag

pdinklag

Hey,
    unfortunately, Very Animation 1.2.13 doesn't let me edit in timeline (package version 1.6.4) anymore in Unity 2021.2.16.

I have selected a timeline and double-clicked a clip to edit it in the Animation window, which is now linked to the timeline. Both the Animation and Timeline windows are open:
    VA.jpg

The timeline contains two humanoids and editing worked fine before, but as you see, VA tells me "No animatable objects selected" and I cannot edit. Editing a single animator directly works fine, just not in timeline. Is there any known issue here or am I missing anything?

There are no errors or warnings being logged anywhere.

EDIT: I did a bit of debugging and noticed that VERYANIMATION_TIMELINE is not defined. I re-imported the assembly definitions to make sure I have them correct, but still it's not defined. Is this correct?
    Code (csharp):
    1. #if !UNITY_2019_1_OR_NEWER
    2. #define VERYANIMATION_TIMELINE
    3. #endif
    Should it not be defined if Unity 2019.1 or newer? Right now, it's only defined for versions OLDER than 2019.1?

EDIT 2: Everything works after editing the AloneSoft.VeryAnimation.Editor assembly: I added references to Unity.Timeline and Unity.Timeline.Editor, as well as a version define of VERYANIMATION_TIMELINE if the Timeline package is installed. Should this not be included in the release assembly, or did I somehow break it?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
  7. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

"VERYANIMATION_TIMELINE" must be enabled for Timeline to work, but in modern Unity it should be fine as it is declared with asmdef.
    Define.png
    What's left is what works with very old Unity.

If Timeline is not displayed in the lower right corner of the Window version, the VA is not recognizing the Timeline package.
    Package.png
    It is possible that asmdef has not been updated properly, so please re-import the VeryAnimation folder.

On the other hand, I confirmed in this confirmation that I was having problems installing Animation Rigging.
    If you don't have Animation Rigging installed, you won't have any problems.
    This will be fixed in the next update.
    EDIT: As a result of my investigation, it was an Animation Rigging problem that was not related to VA.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
  8. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

9. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.14 has been released.
    - FIX : Unity 2021.3 support
    - FIX : Changed to support for Unity 2019.4 or later
    - FIX : Fixed an error in Unity 2022.2

10. siumanchun

siumanchun

Can you record the blend layer animation in Animator to create Clip ?

11. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

VA works in conjunction with Unity's Animation Window.
    You cannot preview the blended Animator animation in the Animation Window.
    Therefore, it cannot support layer animation.

12. siumanchun

siumanchun

Press Play Game preview the blended Animator animation in the Animation ?

13. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

As for the result at the time of play game, the contents of blending multiple Animation Clips with Animator etc. are displayed.
    The preview of the Animation Window is the result of a single Animation Clip.
    They are different.

14. siumanchun

siumanchun

This is what I want to merge mix multiple Animation Clips with Animator etc, to create Clip .

15. bthanse

bthanse

I got this error message about scale. How to get it right ? Skjermbilde (361).png

16. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

This error means that the value of the currently placed scale has changed from the state it was created when the model was imported.
    The reason it is displayed is because the Animator's IK may result in a misalignment with the target when changing the scale.
    The result is that the position of the arrow on the target of IK and the position of Foot are misaligned.
    It is better to place the model in the scene and edit it without changing the scale etc. to avoid the problem.
    If the result of the IK you are currently working on is not different, you can safely ignore it.
    scale.png
    If you want to fix it, you can check if there is a Transform that changes the scale from Overrides like the image.

17. bthanse

bthanse

I go through the files, and discovered that 2 parts in the leg was not to scale 1 in X made from the developer.

I got another error message about UpperChest not found. Ignore it ?

Skjermbilde (364).png Skjermbilde (365).png

Last edited: May 11, 2022
  18. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

TDOF.png
    "Translation Do F" is described in the manual.
    The model has this feature enabled, which allows you to change the position of the bones.
    This warning is issued because the bone that hits the child of a Humanoid that does not have UpperChest set does not work.
    You can ignore this, but if you don't need to stretch your limbs with animation, it is recommended to disable "Translation Do F" in the Humanoid settings for performance reasons.

19. bthanse

bthanse

Have a strange problem. Sometimes when I move IK foot, the body turns 180 ¤. And the other problem, how can I get the legs on right place when edit. Now I have to see the lines of legs becouse the legs do a cross.

20. bthanse

bthanse

What was I doing wrong ?

21. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

First of all, there is a premise that the foot becomes abnormal when "FootIK data does not exist but FootIK is enabled".
    Therefore, when creating a new animation, disable FootIK in Options and edit it.
    It's better to create the FootIK information from Tools after the animation is complete.

Next, I'm trying to reproduce the problem of body rotation when I edit IK, but I can't reproduce it here.
    The fact that the whole thing is rotating means that the keyframe value of the newly added RootQ is incorrect, but the cause of this is unknown.
    Since it seems to be a problem when it is newly added after the last frame at that time, it is difficult to reproduce because there are many things that affect the setting of animation loop relations.

Are there any projects left that can be easily reproduced?
    Could you show me the settings for the animation clip?
    Or, if it is possible to provide the minimum reproducible project data for the investigation, it will be a clue to my investigation.

22. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

There seems to be a problem where the result of updating the IK is an abnormal value.
    If I can reproduce this problem, I can fix it, but I can't reproduce it in my environment.
    I'm sorry for the same problem as the previous one, but if you can provide project data, procedures, etc. that can be easily reproduced, would you please?
    If project data cannot be provided, please take a screenshot of additional information such as animation clip settings.

23. bthanse

bthanse

A longer video here where I start making the clip at about the middle in video.
    One thing that I do not like is how the menues work. Some are activated when the background are grey, and some are active when background are white. I whish active menyes had white backgroud like othen Unity menyes.

Last edited: May 18, 2022
  24. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Thank you for providing the long video.
    With this video, I reproduced the problem that an error occurs when IK is moved and found the cause.

This issue occurs when you follow the steps that were done in the video.
    1. Add a key after the current last keyframe to lengthen the whole frame (2 frame as an example)
    2. Delete the last keyframe and shorten the whole frame (remove 2 frame)
    3. Error in updating the frame before the previously deleted key frame (update 1 frame)
    The reason why the discovery was delayed here is that in the model with "Translation DoF" disabled, the result of the IK of the immediately following frame was abnormal, but no error occurred.
    Only on models with "Translation DoF" enabled will an error occur like in the video.

This issue will be fixed in the next update in the near future.
    The first whole body rotation problem is likely to be the same cause.

Also, models with "Translation DoF" enabled have poor Root Correction performance when editing, so disable them if not necessary and edit.

bthanse likes this.
  25. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.15 has been released.
    - FIX : Fixed a problem in which the Root Correction process would operate abnormally and produce incorrect values when keyframes were added after the last time keyframe was deleted and the overall time was shortened, and then keyframes were added again after the last time keyframe.

26. bthanse

bthanse

If I want to make a 5 minute video clip I think it is best to make smaller parts, maybe 10 sec clips and put together. When I have finished one clip, how can I copy the last position of animation so the next animation starts with all bones at right places ?

upload_2022-5-19_17-56-19.png

27. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Quick.png
    In that case, use Pose's save and load.
    If you save at the end of the previous clip and load at the beginning of the next clip so that the poses are exactly the same, continuous playback will be connected neatly.

bthanse likes this.
  28. riverdore

riverdore

Hey Alonesoft, I'm on the verge of purchasing the asset to use in a large project however the last thing that's stopping me is seeing if the asset has capability for walk cycles?

It's quite difficult to animate humanoids walk normally without the walk cycle features that're in maya/max/etc.

Any thoughts on having this implemented in the future if not today?

29. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Thank you for your interest in this asset.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what kind of functions the "walk cycle features" that exist in maya etc. that you want point to.
    If possible, could you elaborate with references to materials and videos?

30. pdinklag

pdinklag

Hello!
    I am having an issue with root rotation and am wondering if I can fix it in VA.

Here's a video demonstrating what happens:

In this animation clip, the character is turned around by another character. In the video, you see the root rotation curve at the bottom: nothing special is going on. On the right, you see the preview also showing root motion information (the small blue arrow).

For some reason, at the end of the animation, the root rotation goes off to the right. When I play this animation clip in the game (with apply root motion, which I need), the same rotation is applied and everything goes out of sync. Why is this happening? It looks like some sort of a gimbal lock problem, but that should not occur with quaternion-based rotation, should it?

Is there any way to fix this using VA? I know I can edit the root motion curve manually, but I am not sure if that is the best way here. In very simple terms, I really just want the blue arrow to point in the same direction as the red one (which, I believe, is Unity's view on where the character is facing).

31. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Hello.

This does not seem to be a gimbal lock.
    I referred to the Unity source code and the blue and red arrows are the Animator.rootRotation and Animator.bodyRotation values respectively.

I assume that Humanoid's root motion rotation in Unity is only for the Y element.
    Because of this, I would guess that if the X element of the slightest forward or backward tilt of the Rotation is inverted up or down with a non-zero X element, it is inverted.
    Since we don't know the internals of Animator, it doesn't seem to be a problem that can be handled by VA.

One possible workaround in Animator is to always set the X element of the Root's Rotation to 0 in situations where the body is inverted.
    This is not the quaternion X shown in the animation curves.
    If that is not a problem for the animation, the blue arrow will not move when the body is reversed up or down.
    I am sorry, but that is the only way I can think of to deal with this in the current situation.

32. pdinklag

pdinklag

OK, thanks, wanted to make sure if this is an issue with the animation clip that may be fixed using VA, or if it's something deeper within Unity. Looks like it's the latter.

You helped me though: if that red arrow indicates the body rotation, maybe I can sync my character's rotation with the body rotation rather than root motion in those situations. I'll give it a try, thanks!

33. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.16 has been released.
    - ADD : Unity 2022.1 support
    - ADD : OriginalIK : Supports template saving of information
    - ADD : Selection : Supports template saving of information
    - FIX : SaveSettings : Fixed object saving for AnimatorIK, OriginalIK, Selection
    - FIX : Demo : fix some

34. gzx

gzx

Hello,
    This is a great asset. I hope some improvements can be made for even better experience.
    1. Loading Template Pose always loads whole body pose. It will be better to have a button to only load pose to selected bones
    2. The root T position of humanoid is some value relative to the height of avatar, I guess. Please add a field to convert it to Global or Local position.
    3. Currently the IK functions are a bit inconvenient to use. Since there is no real IK keyframes, it is hard to do things like copy, move or adjust curve of IK keyframe. Calculating IK positions back and forth also accumulates small errors, so the IK positions don't always stay the same. And once you bake it, there will be keyframes every frame, which make it hard to edit the animation again.
    I suggest that we can have a "working in progress clip" which holds IK position keyframes, so we can edit them directly. And then we can use a "bake IK to new clip" tool to get a clip where IKs are converted to FK, while we can still keep the original clip.

35. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Hello,
    Thanks for the feedback.

1. Adds update functionality for selected bones only.

2. Since the RootT information is the same as the Mecanim Humanoid value in the animation, the position will be different if the avatar is changed.
      This makes it unsuitable if you want to align with local or global positions, so we will add a display and edit of the position.

3. Foot IK, which is a standard function of Mecanim Humanoid, is not supposed to be edited after importing in Unity, so detailed editing is difficult.
      IK behavior, which is probably what you want, works in conjunction with Animation Rigging.
      Here, IK targets and weight keyframes are saved and reflected when editing animation.
      You can also create a new clip by baking the animation with the IK working.

36. gzx

gzx

I thought Animation Rigging is used for runtime IK and has some problem with humanoid avatar.
    I will try to explain my third point more clearly:
    Currently, when editing with animator IK, it is like:
    Editing IK position -> calculate muscles from IK position -> create a Keyframe to store the muscles
    Displaying IK position -> calculate position from muscles -> show the calculated position in UI
    I hope there is an option to do like:
    Editing IK position -> create a Keyframe of some custom parameter to store the position -> just show a preview without create muscle Keyframes
    Displaying IK position -> just show the custom parameter
    Baking IK -> calculate muscles from IK position -> actually create the Keyframe to store the muscles

37. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.17 has been released.
    - ADD : Pose : Added function to update only selected bones
    - ADD : Selection : Added Local Position different from RootT to Edit Humanoid Root

38. Spikebor

Spikebor

hello @AloneSoft , I just recently start using Very Animation and has some issue with posing workflow.
    I choose to follow animation rigging tutorial because I think using Animation Rigging's toolset is easier to do poses than Animator's IK.
    I have a video with issues I have while posing.

Various questions, as the position is not match while editing, it makes posing uneasy.

Why is the position of Animation Rigging's target/locator does not match the bone's actual position ?

Why is the bone position (green parts) always in "default muscle" pose instead of current pose?

Why do after positioning/rotating the Animation Rigging's target/locator, and release the mouse, they immediately jump back to some default positions ?

The offset of actual bone positions and Animation Rigging's locators make posing very uneasy.
    My suggestion is making the editing handle be at the actual Animation Rigging locator's position.

upload_2022-10-13_16-11-9.png

39. Spikebor

Spikebor

Another note is using +- shortcut to do animation timing.
    I have to avoid that after realizing it will change the curve interpolate style to always be "auto". Because in some part of my animation, I have to do "hold" motion, that part need to be set to "flat".
    Fixing that would be reading current interpolate style and apply instead of force "auto"

40. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Hello,

• Why is the position of Animation Rigging's target/locator does not match the bone's actual position ?
      I'm sorry, but I don't know why the position of the handle doesn't match the position of the bone, so it's an unexpected behavior.
      Since this can be affected by animation clip settings, animator settings, etc., is it possible to provide a Unity project that can reproduce this state for investigation?
      If it's not possible to provide the project, could you please provide screenshots of what the animation clips and animator settings look like?
    • Why is the bone position (green parts) always in "default muscle" pose instead of current pose?
      The green skeleton is the default pose because that is the animation without IK enabled.
      Since it is probably a new animation clip, I guess that animation information does not exist.
      The green skeleton state is the result of Animation Rigging's IK at Weight 0, and the Weight 1 state is when the IK is fully applied.
      Basically, direct editing of Animation Rigging targets is a good thing to do during final adjustments.
      This is because if you enable IK for editing and perform operations using the normal procedure, information such as the target of Animation Rigging will be updated at the same time.
      First create an animation clip in the usual way, and finally use Animation Rigging's IK with strict foot fixation etc.

• Why do after positioning/rotating the Animation Rigging's target/locator, and release the mouse, they immediately jump back to some default positions ?
      I presume that this is caused by a problem with the position of the steering wheel being misaligned, so we need to investigate that first.
    We apologize for the inconvenience, but please help us if possible.

41. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Here, there is no special correction process, such as changing the tangent of the keyframe to auto.
    The settings should be maintained even if the timing is changed, but if there is a problem with this, could you please provide information on how to reproduce the problem, such as a video?

42. Spikebor

Spikebor

Sorry I do not have very specific guide to show you what cause this, other than I'm using latest VA in Unity 2021.3.11f1 LTS. But my workflow is just create new animation and use IK to do pose instead of using bone rotation, because I find posing with IK is easier.
    Right now I'm used to posing with VA, and do not use Animation Rigging to pose anymore (use Animator's IK instead)
    Still I would love to see the green bones follow my character.

upload_2022-10-14_15-29-29.png

43. Spikebor

Spikebor

My suggestion for other ease of use feature is able to copy a pose from any character in the scene. Like select that character > copy pose, then current working VA character will take that pose. If it work on selection then even better, can copy just hand pose, or upper body pose, etc.
    This is useful since I have a tool to play any animation on a character in edit mode, and pause at any time. So if I can copy any pose from any animation then the work will speed up by a lot!

44. Spikebor

Spikebor

Another question, I love the quick save/quick load function.

But can we copy/paste only selection of bones /IKs?
    upload_2022-10-14_16-3-33.png

Like I want to just copy upper body pose of this pose, onto this next pose below.
    Since I want to make a new animation variant, but only differ in the upper body pose.

upload_2022-10-14_16-4-58.png

45. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

pose.png
    A feature that allows this to be achieved was recently added.
    By selecting Selection in Pose and loading, the pose will be applied only to the selected bones.
    In this example, select the upper body bone you want to apply from the QuickSave of the pose you want to apply or the template, and load it with Selection selected.

46. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

I don't know why the green skeleton is fixed to the default pose in your environment and doesn't work properly, so let me ask you some questions.

Are you sure that the problem is occurring even in an environment that does not use Animation Rigging?

Does this issue occur when using other than this model?
    For example, if you run the Human included in the VA Demo, will the default pose remain the same?

47. Spikebor

Spikebor

It's a mystery now, as I've work on the animation with the green in default pose last week (at the time I also disable Animation Rigging), and today I open the animation to see, and it is snapped on character's bones. Same character, same animation.

Last thing I remembered is I undock the VA control, and dock it somewhere else.
    So keep that in mind if someone come up with same issue, tell them try that.
    Thank you for your support!

upload_2022-10-17_10-17-22.png

48. kakkou

kakkou

Hello.

It seems that when T-Pose is performed with ResetPose, the Swivel of the foot IK does not reflect the rotation state of the GameObject.
    However, with HumanoidDefaultPose and others, the current rotation state of the GameObject seems to be reflected in the Swivel.

Also, HandIK's Swivel does not seem to be affected by GameObject rotation.
    The resulting Swivel of T-Pose does not change with GameObject rotation.
    (HumanoidDefaultPose seems to change, though...)
    This is a strange phenomenon that appears to be a behavior mismatch with the feet.

49. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Hello,
    Thank you for your report. I was able to reproduce the issue here as well.
    This seems to be a problem in the case of TPose where the leg is perfectly straight and in that case it becomes the default value if the Swivel cannot be calculated.
    If the knees are even slightly bent, it will not occur, and this is the reason why there is no problem with the hands.
    As you can see in the video, it behaves strangely, so we will consider fixing it.

kakkou likes this.
  50. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.18 has been released.
    - FIX : AnimatorIK : Fixed Swivel calculation and application
    - FIX : AnimatorIK : Added IK info sync when selection change
    - FIX : OriginalIK : Added IK info sync when selection change