Search Unity

Very Animation - Animation Editor - [Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AloneSoft, Oct 20, 2017.

1. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.0 has been released.
    - ADD : Unity2019.3 support
    - ADD : Animator IK : Constraint function using Animation Rigging Package [Preview]
    - ADD : Pose : Add Reset to one button and add T-Pose etc.
    - ADD : Tools : Add, Animation Rigging
    - ADD : Support for editing components that inherit from IAnimationClipSource, such as SimpleAnimation (Replace not supported) (Unity 2018.3 or later)
    - ADD : Gizmo/Skeleton : Added line display to indicate movement amount of Root Motion
    - ADD : Foot IK : When Foot IK update is valid in Unity 2019.1 or later, Skeleton / IK is displayed and now previews with Foot IK enabled
    - ADD : Tools/Bake IK : Renamed Range IK and added functions
    - ADD : Hierarchy : Added "Show / All" display and modified placement
    - ADD : DummyObject : Removed, added Skeleton display for IK
    - FIX : Change the minimum operation version to Unity2017.4
    - FIX : Unity2020.1 : error
    - FIX : Animator IK : Changed the default value of straight state where hand swivel cannot be calculated
    - FIX : Timeline : Corresponding to the Foot IK usage flag added from Unity 2018.3
    - FIX : Gizmo : Change to remain displayed even if focus moves to Animation / Timeline Window (Switch to Hand-Tool to turn off the display arbitrarily)
    - FIX : Foot IK : Animator IK updates IK target information with reference to Foot IK information when Foot IK update is enabled
    - FIX : Settings : Change Editor Window / Windows Style default to Docking
    - FIX : Generic : Root Motion curve generation correction
    - FIX : Animation Window : Speeding up Filter by selection
    - FIX : Synchronize Animation : Fixed processing to return to the original state when editing is completed
    - FIX : IK : Changed not to calculate IK when editing keyframes other than the current time in Animation Window
    - FIX : IK : Mirror : Fixed behavior
    - FIX : DaeExporter : Fixed an issue where output fails in Russian and other environments
    - FIX : Fixed an issue that does not work with errors when there are multiple GameObjects with the same name in the same hierarchy
    - FIX : PoseTemplate : Modified Generic Root reflection without specifying Root Node
    - FIX : Humanoid TDOF : Handle local axis correction
    - FIX : Shortcuts : Removed default Main Window shortcuts due to conflicts in Unity 2020.1 and later

2. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

PrevKeyframe.png
    It corresponds to Unity 2019.3, but there seems to be a bug that the function of Previous Keyframe does not work only in Unity 2019.3.
    This issue does not occur in 2019.2 or 2020.1.
    This issue is waiting for Unity fix.

3. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

This is a very nice asset but your videos are totally useless, the Animation Rigging one is 17 minutes of trying to guess from random gestures of the mouse pointer what it is your are showing, there is not one single useful second of video in either of the two videos you posted. Please do some text to explain what it is you are showing.

4. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Videos should be set to your language with subtitles and automatic translation.
    The videos have subtitles set in Japanese, which is easy to translate.

5. GermiyanBey

GermiyanBey

Today I encountered a strange issue after using VeryAnimation for dozens of hours for so many animations.

The issue is, I am unable to move/rotate any bone in a generic rig. The bone is stuck although I am able to move the animation curves, however change in animation curves do not change the animation.

Then I changed it to Humanoid and this time I am able to move the other bones (such as arms, hands) but unable to move the bow bone (please remember the bow topic we had discussed in the previous page and in inbox, which we had fixed that in inbox at the end).

Until today, I made many different archers, thus I know how to rig a bone currently, but this time I have an anomaly I couldn't solve, I would like to ask your opinion if you had encountered any such problem and if you have any solution for that, thanks!

6. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Hello.
    I do not know the problem.
    Could you provide the status in question in the video to help you understand and resolve the issue?
    You may find some clues.

GermiyanBey likes this.
  7. GermiyanBey

GermiyanBey

Hi again! Yes, I recorded a small quick video for you. This one is for Generic Rig:

I had a similar issue with Humanoid Rig too, which all bones were working except the bone rigs. Now I remade Humanoid Rig from the mesh again, when I was trying to record a second video for Humanoid Rig, bone rigs worked! So issue is solved for me.

However, for your inspection, I am sending the video for Generic Rig. Previously I had worked with generic rigs with Very Animation and I was able to edit the Bone Rigs, this time I cannot, it is strange why the rigs are stuck.

8. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Thank you very much.
    However, there is no clue even if you check the video.
    Since the AnimationCurve has been updated, it is correct and it looks like Animation is not working for any reason.
    Some other script may be affecting it.
    If you want a further solution, you can only provide project data in a reproducible state.

In addition, the behavior of animation application processing in VA differs between Unity2017.4, Unity2018.3, Unity2019.1.
    Therefore, it may be a problem that occurs up to Unity2018.2.
    Since Unity2017.4 is already old and will soon be unsupported by Unity, VA will be unsupported at the same time.
    Please consider updating to Unity2018.4 and so on.

9. GermiyanBey

GermiyanBey

Thanks for the feedback. So I learnt there is no solution for such cases at the moment except upgrading the Unity version.
    I have to stay in 2017.4 until game release, so I will look for other options, thanks.

10. GermiyanBey

GermiyanBey

A different problem this time, do you have an idea how to fix this? It is the same model that gave a problem in previous message.
    In the picture, you can see that some bones (root, pelvis, hips) are off, when I make them on they appear at the position where the unwanted mesh deformation happen.
    However when I try to move it, it gives an error: "Conflict". So I am unable to move them.
    And when I move the model from top Root (y) towards the start of mesh deformation, the deformation is removed, but I don't want to move the character to up in the air, because this is supposed to be death animation where in this frame it must be lying on the ground.

I will appreciate any ideas in fixing this, thanks!

Attached Files:

11. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Bone (Pelvis) that is not managed by Humanoid in the hierarchy above Bone (Hips) managed by Unity's Mecanim Humanoid cannot be operated.
    If you add an animation curve there, it will be ignored by Mecanim and will not move from its initial value.
    Therefore, VA hides it by default and displays an error when it is operated.
    Humanoid animations are created with Root and Humanoid managed bones.

12. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.1 has been released.
    - ADD : EditorWindow/Blend Shape : Supports saving and loading of List
    - FIX : Improved Root Correction and Collision processing for faster
    - FIX : Tools/Bake IK : Fixed not to update those keys if Animation Rigging or Foot IK baking is enabled
    - FIX : Fixed an issue where editing was ended when saving as Pose
    - FIX : Added error handling for abnormal state where Animation Window cannot be in recording state
    - FIX : Fixed an issue where editing could not be performed due to an error immediately after starting editing

13. GermiyanBey

GermiyanBey

I see that, thank you for the detailed explanation, I appreciate for that. That is unfortunate I am unable to fix it in humanoid rig and unable to fix the bone's position. For now I try to mitigate the problem by disabling "bake into pose" of all three options in animation (in the inspector, when you click on an animation file).

14. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.2 has been released.
    - ADD : Tools/Export : Flag added to bake and output Animation Rigging
    - ADD : Editor and Control Window : Added a function to hide toolbar items
    - ADD : Hand Pose : Newly added as a function specialized for hand operation from Muscle Group
    - FIX : Muscle Group : Change finger fields
    - FIX : Blend Shape : Change of Near and Far Clip of icon rendering camera

15. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.2p2 has been released.
    - FIX : Fixed a mistake in the Version display.
    - FIX : ControlWindow/Selection : Fixed a problem where the list was not displayed correctly when changing the target during editing.
    - FIX : Synchronize Animation : Fixed an issue where an error would occur depending on GameObject information.
    - FIX : Synchronize Animation : Fixed an error when there are multiple GameObjects with the same name in the same hierarchy.
    Version 1.2.2p1
    - FIX : ControlWindow/Selection : Fixed the problem where an error occurs when there is no save data.

16. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.3 has been released.
    - ADD : Unity2020.1 support
    - ADD : Add In between & Remove In between
    - ADD : Copy : If nothing is selected, the copy is changed to the same as the Pose copy.
    - FIX : Animationr Rigging : Fixed the behavior when RigBuilder already exists.

New quick start video.

17. GFX47

GFX47

Hi,
    I'm struggling with an existing animation I'm trying to fix the foot position.
    I'm using foot IKs and I need them to be at the same position for the whole animation. I can't see any other way than copy/pasting the coordinates (one component at a time) for every frame but it's super painful.
    Pretty sure I'm doing something wrong. Could someone please point me what it is?
    Cheers!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  18. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Hello.
    Here's a more detailed video about Foot IK.
    Please check the automatic translation of the subtitles.
    As explained in the video, the Foot IK information can be generated from Tools/Humanoid IK in one go.

19. GFX47

GFX47

Thanks for your answer! I tried that and it generated new key frames but it doesn't seem to make any difference.
    Here's the result: https://imgur.com/lJmRtpP
    As you can see, the IK position is still moving on each frame.

20. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Humanoid IK's Generate generates complementary frames with keyframes in the Foot.
    If the keyframe in the foot of the animation is out of position at any point, the foot IK key is generated with that information.
    This animation is out of position in the animation phase, so the Foot IK key can't be created with automation as it is.

I'm sorry, but the only way to fix it is to enable Foot IK in Options, then select both IK targets of both feet while holding down Ctrl in the first frame, then copy with Ctrl+C, move to the next frame with . key to move to the next frame and Ctrl+V to repeat pasting.

21. GFX47

GFX47

I tried to do what you said but I'm not sure I understood it correctly ^^'

Here's when I copy/paste the key frames from the different bones impacted by the foot IKs: https://imgur.com/peE9As0
    It doesn't seem to change much?

Here's when I copy/paste the key frames from the foot IKs: https://imgur.com/9uLxlcm
    But this screws up the whole thing XD

22. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

I'm sorry I couldn't explain.
    The method of copying the key of Animtion Window is wrong.
    IK information can be pasted by selecting IK on the Scene, copying it as it is, moving to a different frame and pasting like in the video.
    This will also update the Foot IK information.
    There is no need to operate the Animation Window.

23. GFX47

GFX47

24. GFX47

GFX47

Wait, it worked by copy/pasting only one IK at a time!
    Thanks for your help!

25. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Do not touch the Animation Window.
    The shortcut of VA works when the Scene Window is in focus.
    The animation window is in focus because the animation window is clicked in the video, so the animation window paste is working.
    Copy and paste with the Scene Window in focus.

26. GFX47

GFX47

Ooooh that's why! Thanks for the clarification, I get it now ;)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  27. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.3p1 has been released.
    - FIX : Animationr Rigging : Fixed problem when setting multiple constraints
    - FIX : Preview : Constraints other than MultiAimConstraint and TwoBoneIKConstraint in Animationr Rigging now work.
    - FIX : Tools : Humanoid IK : Changed to not include the root keyframe in the detection of the interpolation frame at the time of generation
    - FIX : Tools : Animationr Rigging : Unified keyframe detection with Humanoid IK when generating

New Foot IK tutorial video

28. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.3p2 has been released.
    - FIX : Timeline : Added error handling because the Timeline Window will not work if it is not displayed at the front.
    - FIX : Animation Rigging : Fixed the error that occurred in Version 0.2

29. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.4 has been released.
    - ADD : Settings/Animation Window/Auto-run Frame All : Add Settings

30. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.4p1 has been released.
    - FIX : Animation Rigging : Fixed to work with Rig specified for non-VA RigLayer in Preview.
    - FIX : Change some warning display to error display

31. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.4p2 has been released.
    - FIX : Animation Rigging : Animation Rigging enable switching now resets correctly in Preview.
    - FIX : Animation Rigging : Fixed a problem where it was not discarded correctly on exit, resulting in an error at the start of the next edit.

32. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.4p3 has been released.
    - FIX : Change the minimum operation version to Unity2018.4
    - FIX : Error correction when the second or later is Recording or Preview when there are multiple Animation Windows
    - FIX : Dealing with the problem that the process of putting the Animation Window in the recording state becomes an error and cannot be edited

33. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.4p4 has been released.
    - FIX : Fixed the error that occurs in Unity 2020.2 and later
    - FIX : Fixed the error that occurs in Timeline 1.4.0 or later

34. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.5 has been released.
    - ADD : Selection : Supports Reset by selecting the type
    - ADD : Blend Shape : Supports Reset by selecting the type
    - FIX : Fixed an issue where the Blend Shape and Hand Pose list headers were not displayed in Unity 2020.2
    - FIX : Fixed icon display of Blend Shape and Hand Pose
    - FIX : Control Window/Humanoid : Button misalignment correction

35. Thasan

Thasan

I have a problem with Very Animation. Every time when I copy&paste from timeline, it mix values like on screenshot.
    If I close Very Animation, then copy&paste works fine.

36. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Hello.
    Please give me more information.
    What kind of curve is this?
    It looks like four curves, so is it RootQ?
    The reason for this confirmation is that if it is a curve of rotation, it may correspond to the fact that reverse rotation does not occur, so it may be the behavior.
    Also, is it possible to provide this AnimationClip for confirmation here?

37. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.6 has been released.
    - FIX : Timeline : Fixed the problem that IK does not work when the GameObject placed in the Scene is inactive

38. Thasan

Thasan

I have created new animation and rotated hands (selected both shoulders at same time) to pose what I want on time 0:00.

I copied all key frames from 0:00 to 1:00 using animation editor window, both shoulders still selected. Result pose was wrong

Next I closed Very animation and copied from 1:00 to 2:00. That copy went ok.

Example animation file on attachment

Attached Files:

39. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Thank you for the detailed report.
    Your report has determined the cause of the problem.
    I rush to fix this bug, but to work around this issue at this time, change the image settings to Default.
    Please wait for the update to fix the problem.
    settings.png

40. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.7 has been released.
    - FIX : Settings/Animation Window/Property Style : There is a problem with copy paste operation in Animation Window, so 'Sort' is deleted and 'Filter' is fixed.

41. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.8 has been released.
    - ADD : Unity2020.2 support
    - ADD : Tools/Anim Compression : Added function to change animation compression settings
    - FIX : Assembly Definition : Disable Auto Referenced in Editor
    - FIX : Hand Pose : Fixed editing of List
    - FIX : Blend Shape : Fixed editing of List. Support for batch addition of all Blend Shapes.
    - FIX : Dealing with the problem that the process of putting the Animation Window in the recording state becomes an error and cannot be edited
    - FIX : Pose : Fixed so that elements other than Humanoid are not updated by Reset Humanoid Default-Pose and T-Pose.

42. Volkerku

Volkerku

Hi
    Can I export a Timeline animation track with a humanoid character and multiple animation clips (fbxs) as FBX?
    I would like a new clip containing all the animations combined in the track, including the transitions.

upload_2020-12-3_12-49-58.png

43. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Hello,
    This asset does not have the ability to output a single AnimationClip that reflects all the Timeline results.

44. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.9 has been released.
    - ADD : Pose/Reset : Added Avatar Configuration
    - ADD : AnimationRigging : IK's Gizmo color now changes in transparency depending on the weight
    - FIX : AnimationRigging : Changed processing base pose from T-Pose to Avatar Configuration-Pose
    - FIX : AnimationRigging : Changed the value update of Hint so that the elbow and knee do not move significantly when there is a difference in body size between when creating information and when playing back.

awesomedata likes this.
  45. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.2.10
    - ADD : Unity2021.1 support
    - FIX : Animator IK : Suppress warning by changing the judgment value when the scale is changed

Version 1.2.11 has been released.
    - FIX : Tools/Keyframe Reduction : Fixed an error in Unity 2021.2
    - FIX : Fixed an error when editing an Animation Clip that does not exist in AssetDataBase
    - FIX : Demo : Delete old information and eliminate warning when importing

46. victorkin11

victorkin11

The first post of assets store link broken!

47. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Thank you for pointing out, I have corrected it.

48. Vygar

Vygar

Hello,
    Please forgive me if this has been asked before but I am trying to find an efficient process for fixing animations where two hands are grasping an object (i.e. a pistol, sword, etc.). I think I could accomplish this using hand IK and just update each frame with the new position but I cannot seem to get that work sufficiently. Any chance someone might be able to give me a clue as to how to do this if it is possible?

49. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Hello.
    A run-time IK is required for animations that ensure that you keep holding objects with both hands. (Final IK, Animation Rigging, etc.)

It's hard to achieve that just by modifying the animation.
    Because, even if you grab it at all keyframes, the complementary time between keys does not guarantee the result.
    It is necessary to make corrections to a certain degree by modifying only the animation, and in addition, use the runtime IK in the hand of the side where the weapon is not a child.

50. Vygar

Vygar

Thank you for the response. I was h
    Thank you for the response! I was hoping to do this without a code solution but I understand why that might not possible/advisable.