Search Unity

Very Animation - Animation Editor - [Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AloneSoft, Oct 20, 2017.

1. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Thank you for your feedback.
    But to be honest, I guess it's not a feature that can be developed by individuals.
    I would like to add functions that make it easy to use as far as I can develop.

2. awesomedata

awesomedata

That's fair.

Are you planning on supporting the new animation constraints system for dots based procedural animation?

It would be nice to be able to easily author tails and spider legs walking.

3. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

In the future, I am considering creating an extension using the Animation Rigging Package that can be used from Unity2019.1.
    At this time it is still in the testing stage, so I don't know what will happen.

awesomedata likes this.
  4. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.1.14 has been released.
    - ADD : Unity2019.2 support
    - ADD : Animation Window : Sorting and filtering by Property selection state
    - FIX : Root Correction : Fixed the problem that RootQ is reversed in existing motion editing etc.
    - FIX : IK : Fix parent space behavior
    - FIX : Settings : Organize items
    - FIX : Animator IK : Head : Change the setting so that the total of Weight becomes 1
    - FIX : Hierarchy : Modified to show selected objects in the frame
    - FIX : Timeline : Fixed an issue where the Foot IK update was incorrect when the Animator Controller was not set
    - FIX : Unity2019.3 error

5. pdinklag

pdinklag

Man, you fix bugs faster than I can report them. Noticed this only yesterday! Thanks! :D

awesomedata likes this.
  6. awesomedata

awesomedata

This new version is really great, but I can't help but wish it had some kind of in-scene positioning for curves across a selection of frames!

So I have a request:

Please display an editable curve/spline/bezier in the scene view for a group of selected frames for a group of selected bones -- and their children (if the user wants).
    The idea is that I can select a past frame and a future frame, and in all the frames in between, that bone (and its children) get positioned automatically along that curve I defined.

This positioning of each individual bone would happen on each individual (selected) frame automatically -- with the press of a button!

Editing arcs for a group of frames (with a group of selected bones) across each bone's individual curve is essentially what animation is. Shifting the current transform of each specific bone to match the temporal/spatial location on the curve would be useful for ANY animation. This shift would happen for each individual bone and for each individual frame (over a specific selection of frames) to make editing motions simple and intuitive!

No idea why VeryAnimation doesn't have this, but it needs this so badly. Please add this! :)

TL;DR:

Put editable 3d curves in the scene view. I want to position limbs freely using 3d curves like I would using the onion-skin feature!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  7. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

I have tried to add this function before.
    But interrupted. The reason for this is that Humanoid requires Retarget processing unlike normal DCC tools, and the processing to find the exact transform of each frame is too heavy.

I will consider adding if I come up with a way to solve the speed problem.
    However, the priority of adding other functions is high now.

8. awesomedata

awesomedata

That's great to know!

With the new "Freeform Animation" rigging tools API being built on DOTS, this could be a solution to quickly finding the proper transform since it grabs directly from the animation stream. Grabbing from the animation stream also works in the editor (and doesn't need to be runtime-only), so you can grab the old position of a select number of bones, and tweak only those when the user presses an "update preview" button or something similar.

Alternatively, it's possible to _only_ update (visually) the single frame that's being displayed (it doesn't have to be realtime), letting the curve act as the preview for subsequent frames.

Doing it this way, a "visual preview" button, a "commit preview to current frame" button/function, and finally a "commit curve update to all frames" button/function with an undo operation available would be the way to make this happen without having realtime updating for each frame. Admittedly, this is less impressive, but it's still incredibly useful. These functions could be combined into a popup on a single button.

In general, please remember:

Animators animate in curves.

We do care about how the current frame looks, but mostly we care about how it relates to the following frames. If you know the overall arc of the set of frames you're working on, generally, this is all you truly need to convey a properly convincing animation.

I think your system is really great for straight-ahead animation. This is really all it's lacking in my opinion.
    Great job on the system so far though! -- I hope you keep my comments here in mind! :)

9. Bomshi

Bomshi

Hello! I have 2 Problems with VeryAnimation:
    I try to move my IK Hand Position. When I drag it and try to move it, the actual hand is kinda offsetted (see in video) but the handle is in the actual position.
    The same occurs in rotation

The second problem is when I switch from position to rotation or vice versa the handle dissapears until I move the Unity Scene camera (see video)

10. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Hello,

It's an IK issue, but the problem I know is when the scale has changed.
    IK causes this problem when the scale changes from the initial state where Avatar is set as the humanoid.
    Is there a Bone whose scale has changed somewhere?

The second problem is that the display of the handle etc. is designed to be displayed only when the Scene etc. is in focus.
    Rethink the specification of the conditions to display.

11. Bomshi

Bomshi

Oke thank you very much!
    Regarding to the 1st problem:
    I found out, that this only occurs when I enabled both IK hands
    But it is no Problem for me. I just enable and then disable one by one...

Oke it makes sense for the 2nd Problem!!

I have one question. Maybe it is asked often, but how should be a setup for weapons. So I have a character with weapon. And now I want to animate a reload animation. I finished it. Currently it is solved that the Magazine is parented with the hand by events etc.
    But sometimes there are pos ans rot errors.
    I want to animate the weapon too.
    Is Is it possible with humanoid rig ?
    Or is there a way, that the parent function is only active for x frames ? So the mag would follow the hand?

12. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

The only way to have something in your hand is to change the parent with an event, etc. as you have already done.
    This is because even if the position is matched as much as possible in the animation, the position will break down due to character changes.

In the future, you may be able to edit reload animations completely using Animation Rigging Package's 'Multi Parent Constraint'.
    But at the moment I still feel your way is right.