Search Unity

Very Animation - Animation Editor - [Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AloneSoft, Oct 20, 2017.

1. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Thank you for attaching the animation data.
    I confirmed that.
    I will investigate the cause.
    Please wait for a little while.

2. pdinklag

pdinklag

I'll wait, thanks a lot!

3. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

TangentsWeighted.png
    I investigated the cause.
    My guess is that this happens when Tangents Weighted is a mixture of a valid key frame and an invalid key frame.
    It seems that an incorrect value different from the displayed curve is actually acquired.
    It does not occur if you select all key frames and unify Weighted effectively.
    Or it will not happen if Weighted is invalidated invalid.
    In other words, because there is a possibility of Unity bug, I will investigate a little more and consider considering submitting a bug report to Unity once it can be surely reproduced.

4. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.1.5 has been released.
    - ADD : Synchronize Animation : Function to edit while previewing multiple targets
    - ADD : Add UI to select the AnimationClip to be edited to the screen before the start of editing
    - ADD : Settings : Japaneseization of Tooltip
    - ADD : Double-clicking another GameObject during editing adds a function to change the editing target
    - ADD : Save and restore last selected AnimationClip added
    - FIX : Fixed a problem that the position shifted at the end of editing by pause
    - FIX : Fixed an issue where an event was called by Animator.Update by internal calculation
    - FIX : Speed up

5. pdinklag

pdinklag

Great, synchronize animation is exactly what I will be needing to animate fighting moves too! :) Thanks!

Also thanks for investigating! Haven't got to try it yet so I didn't reply. Will certainly do soon.

EDIT: Tried it, and it works putting them all to weighted. Probably a Unity bug then indeed!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  6. chrisk

chrisk

Awesome update! I really appreciate it. Thanks a lot!

7. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

We will inform you about Unity bugs that need attention.
    We reported a bug to Unity and the problem was confirmed by QA.
    In the animation of Humanoid, it seems that sometimes abnormal behavior occurs when valid and ineffect are mixed in Weighted of key frame Tangent.
    You can avoid this by activating all the keys Weighted.
    Be careful while Unity is fixed.

8. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.1.5p1 has been released.
    - FIX : Timeline : Fixed an issue that did not return to the pre-edit pose at the end of editing
    - FIX : Timeline : Correction of movement mainly of Local space and Parent space of AnimatorIK and OriginalIK

pdinklag likes this.
  9. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.1.6 has been released.
    - ADD : BlendShape : Addition of functions that save all values with a name and can be reused
    - FIX : Fixed an issue that BlendShape information etc. was not changed by the function to change the edit target by double-clicking while editing

XthemeCore and Flurgle like this.
  10. chrisk

chrisk

so awesome!!

11. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.1.6p1 has been released.
    - FIX : Keyframe Reduction : Fixed an issue that may not work properly with Avatar of Humanoid created by other than Model Importer
    - FIX : Keyframe Reduction : Added "Root and IK Goal Curves" flag to invalidate reduction of some curves for Foot IK
    - FIX : Export : Fixed the problem outputted at pose when editing started

Flurgle likes this.
  12. siumanchun

siumanchun

Hi ! AloneSoft :
    Very Animation 1.1.6P1 Support Unity 2017.4.x ?
    Ťhank You !

13. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Of course that version is supported.
    Supported versions range from Unity 5.6.2 to Unity 2018.3.

14. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.1.7 has been released.
    - ADD : Editor Window : Corresponds so that the docking or floating Window style can be selected by setting
    - ADD : Generic Mirror : Added Scale's mirror function
    - FIX : Create New Clip : Fixed an issue where updates to Animator Controller may not be saved
    - FIX : AnimatorIK : IK accuracy correction
    - FIX : IK : Fix to make IK work by changing in Animation Window

15. siumanchun

siumanchun

Hi ! AloneSoft :
    Please Add Animation ( Onion Skin feature ) !
    Thank You !

AloneSoft likes this.
  16. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.1.8 has been released.
    - ADD : Unity2019.1 support
    - ADD : Shortcut Manager : support
    - ADD : Tools : Add "Combine"
    - FIX : Shortcut : Change of some shortcuts (in order to conflict with shortcuts of Unity 2019.1 or later)
    shortcuts.png

17. Michal_Stangel

Michal_Stangel

Hello,

VA is awesome. I bought UMotion first, but it seemed to be overcomplicated and as I need to adjust hundreds of animations, I would spend too much time doing that. So I've tried VA and after one day of using it, I am very satisfied. Even if I know very little about animations, I was able to start work immediately.

Maybe I have one request for some future update. Would be great, if Muscle Groups in VA Editor have input fields, because it's hard to set right value with that slider (changing value with mouse move while cursor is on the ax name of input box works best for me).

Attached Files:

18. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Hello.
    Thank you for your feedback.

I was thinking about changing the Reset button next to the slider I rarely use into a value input field.
    I will consider some other future solutions.

It is possible to change the size of the slider of the part in Settings that can be considered as the correspondence that can be done at present.
    This makes minor adjustments to the values slightly easier.

19. Michal_Stangel

Michal_Stangel

Thanks, changing size of slider in settings helped a lot.

20. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.1.9 has been released.
    - ADD : Assembly Definition File : support
    - ADD : Unity2019.1 : Supports uninstallation of Timeline
    - ADD : Onion Skinning
    - FIX : Timeline : IK : Space Parent

Quique-Martinez and chrisk like this.
  21. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.1.9p1 has been released.
    - FIX : EditorWindow : Modify UI for Blend Pose, Muscle Group, Blend Shape, Selection

22. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.1.9p2 has been released.
    - FIX : Fix the problem that icon acquisition error such as Particle System is displayed in the log
    - FIX : SaveData : Enhanced error checking of loading process

XthemeCore likes this.
  23. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.1.10 has been released.
    - ADD : Extra functions/Trail of root position
    - FIX : Extra functions : Foldout support for display
    - FIX : BlendShape : Fix the problem that an error occurs when there is more than one same name
    - FIX : Fixed a bug that could not reflect changes in AnimationClip being edited
    - FIX : Editing while playing : Fixed the problem that Time is shifted when Speed is not 1.
    RootTrail.png

pdinklag likes this.
  24. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.1.10p1 has been released.
    - FIX : SaveSettings : Fixed an issue where Overrides information may become abnormal if there is Save Settings on Prefab
    - FIX : Assembly Definition File
    - FIX : Speeding up line drawing of Skeleton

25. Setsuki

Setsuki

Hello @AloneSoft, first of all, thank you very much for this plugin. I've been searching for efficient animation tools for Unity for ages, and this is among the best ones, by a long shot!

I do have one issue, that I do not seem to be able to find a solution to, and that is :
    Using Custom IK and changing the curves to automatic curves (by right clicking on the keyframes).
    When doing this, selecting a non-keyframe will add keyframes to the bones that this IK is using.
    By writing this, I am starting to understand why ; the rotation of the IK'd bones have changed, since the curves have been changed, and VeryAnimation is readjusting this whenever I select a frame.

However, "Automatic" curves is a powerful and handy tool, and I am also starting to wonder if we can edit curves at all when using IK?

Am I doing something wrong, do you have a solution for this?

26. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Hello,
    If you have IK enabled, any edits affecting that IK in the current frame will calculate IK and update keyframes to maintain position.

The reason for this behavior is that IK is only for editing and all information is stored in FK.
    Unlike editing with a general animation tool, the anim file to be edited is the final data that can be edited by the users of Unity, so it can not have extra and useless information such as information for IK. This behavior is due to the above reasons.

In this case, the only solution is to disable IK once in order not to create the key automatically.

27. Setsuki

Setsuki

Okay, great !
    By fiddling around, I also understood the use of applying IK in this scenario.
    My specific situation will require me to calculate the IK in runtime above VeryAnimation, but I already got the tools for that!
    (They're just not as well done as yours to be honest. Great job on that whole IK UI it's really good IMO)

28. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.1.11 has been released.
    - ADD : Tools : Generic Root Motion
    - FIX : The procedure has been changed because there is data that Generic Root Motion does not work properly in the procedure up to the previous version
    - FIX : DaeExporter : Fixed output problems with models with different Bindpose and Prefab pose
    - FIX : Keyframe Reduction : Fix the problem that the rotation curve can not be reduced due to an error
    - FIX : Create New Clip : Mirror : Humanoid TDOF mirror bug fix

29. Ozer_Jigme

Ozer_Jigme

Hello - thanks for Very Animation, I bought it and completely replaced UMotion.

One feature I would love: automatically add regular keyframes. I do a lot of fake "stop motion", so it would be great to have a tool like: add keyframe every X second.

thanks again for your great work!

30. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Hello,
    Is your desired function just "Create a new keyframe at specified time intervals" just?
    If it is only that, it is not difficult so it is possible to cope.
    If you would like something similar to something that is included in some other tool, please provide some helpful information.

31. Ozer_Jigme

Ozer_Jigme

Yes, that's exactly what I mean! Just a simple function to create keyframes at specific intervals.

32. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.1.11p1 has been released.
    - FIX : Fixed that other scripts do not malfunction while editing
    - FIX : DaeExporter : Change settings to Importer as much as possible
    - FIX : Keyframe Reduction : Bug fix that rotation is not reduced normally

33. Michal_Stangel

Michal_Stangel

Hello,

I have some animations, when character does only upper body movement (like Praying). But whole body is a bit rotated and out of center, so transition from and to Idle state looks really bad. I would like to correct them, so that the lowest part of the body stays the same like in the Idle animation.

Is there some video showing use case like this? I've tried to delete some animation properties, or it's frames (foot, root), but it has no effect or it mess up everything.

I do something about animations like once a year, so it's a bit challenge to achieve what I need.

34. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Hello,

Sorry, I am not good at English and use automatic translation, so I may not understand your problem.
    If possible, please provide a video of the condition.

If the pose of the first frame to switch is off-center, setting "Based Upon" of Animation Clip to something other than Original may solve the situation, but a little more information is needed. I do not understand the problem.

35. Michal_Stangel

Michal_Stangel

Here is short video showing what I mean:

I would like to keep foot on the same stop. Or just simply have no movement for lower part of the body at all.

36. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

I understand the problem.

What you want to do is not to separate animation in the upper and lower body as you do in FPS?
    If you do it in one layer, you will have to make the lower body state the same completely as it is now.
    If you create a layer only for the upper body and play the prayer animation there, the lower body will be fixed because it moves with the Base layer.

37. Michal_Stangel

Michal_Stangel

This could be good solution. Will try to do it this way.
    Thank you.

38. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.1.12 has been released.
    - ADD : Tools : Create New Keyframe
    - FIX : Keyframe Reduction : The bug that the reduction fails when the name of GameObject contains '.'.
    - FIX : Shortcuts : Since the 2019.1.4f1 H key is no longer Global, the display switching key is changed to the H key again
    - FIX : Tools : Keyframe Reduction : Fixed a bug that the specification of Error value was not reflected
    - FIX : VA Tools : Fixed bug that the object not active in the whole process is not processed
    - FIX : Fixed a problem that does not start with an error

Quique-Martinez likes this.
  39. Spellbow

Spellbow

Is it possible to edit multiple keyframes at once while changing muscle groups?

So far I can only move one keyframe at a time, tried to select all frames but this doesn't work.

Many thanks for helping :)

Attached Files:

• img.PNG
      img.PNG
      File size:
      221.5 KB
      Views:
  40. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

I'm sorry, I can not tell by your explanation what kind of situation you are having trouble with.
    Does the meaning of multiple keyframes mean keyframes aligned with the current time of the curve editor vertical axis?
    Or is it a keyframe that spans multiple times in the curve editor's horizontal axis?

The button next to the Muscle Group slider allows you to select a keyframe for the current time.
    If you operate in the curve editor in that state, you can operate together.
    In addition, Muscle Group has a Tree structure, and moving the upper slider changes all lower values to the same value.

If you have any problems, it would be helpful if you could provide us with information such as videos.

41. noobynobody

noobynobody

Hello, could this asset change animations by using an override or additive layer? For example, if I edit a running animation, and I just want the character to raise its arms while running -- is there an easy way to do that?
    If you don't understand what I mean, please take a look at this video (Timestamp 1:56):

Also, could I create a reload animation, and parent the magazine to the hand at a certain point, then parent it back to the gun?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  42. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Hello.
    Features like animation layers are not supported.
    This is because other assets and DCC tools create it in their own project and then output the animation clip, but it is because editing in VA is the final animation clip.
    While it is convenient to edit the final data directly, it is not possible to add useless information instead. Also, I can not do more than the specifications of Unity.

For the same reason, Unity can not change parent-child relationship with animation clip alone.
    Therefore, the action to change objects is done by adding Animation Event etc. and switching parent-child relationship with script, or adding it to both from the beginning and switching display validity etc.

noobynobody likes this.
  43. noobynobody

noobynobody

What do you mean by "add useless information"? Do animation layers add additional information which could affect performance? Honestly I think UMotion has a lot of features I don't need. It looks like I can still achieve what I want quite easily by editing the curves:

44. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

For other assets, the Animation Layer creates additional curves apart from the original curves.
    At the output it is integrated into one curve.
    The final animation clip has only one curve.

What's wasted information is that even if you create additional curves for the animation layer in the animation clip, Animation can not use it.
    This is because animation clip must always be a single integrated curve.

45. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.1.13 has been released.
    - ADD : Options : Collision function added
    - ADD : IK : Add Sync button
    - FIX : Preview : Modified to apply Transform information in Scene to Preview as it is

46. BonyYousuf

BonyYousuf

noobynobody likes this.
  47. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

Version 1.1.13p1 has been released.
    - FIX : Preview : Root Motion related fixes, adding information
    - FIX : Fixed the Hand tool to work
    - FIX : Corrected the behavior of "Edit/Frame Selected" when nothing is selected
    - FIX : Fixed to continue editing if there is a change in hierarchy while editing
    - FIX : Addressing an issue where the Animation Window and the Hierarchy Window end immediately after editing starts if they belong to the same Dock Area
    - FIX : Legacy Animation : Fixed the problem that returns to 0 frame at the last frame if the Clip is set to loop

chrisk likes this.
  48. noobynobody

noobynobody

Hello, what have you got planned next for Very Animation?

49. AloneSoft

AloneSoft

The next version upgrade will be officially compatible with Unity 2019.2.
    Errors that occur in the current Unity 2019.3 are also fixed.
    Currently, we are mainly improving the content of feedback.

50. awesomedata

awesomedata

Would you be willing to add things like Ballistics/Trajectories, Center of Mass, and Rotational / Angular Momentum?

See Cascadeur:

This would be AWESOME. D: