Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Vertigolf mini golf. aka. Vertiginous Golf.

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by kinl, Oct 12, 2013.

1. kinl

kinl

Greetings Unity peeps.

I'm proud to announce the upcoming release of our definitive version of Vertigolf ( which you've probably never heard of ) it will be foolishly titled Vertiginous Golf and will possibly prove as difficult to spell and pronounce for others as it is for me ;)

For those who've never heard of it ( most of you I imagine :D ) heres a link to both of them http://order.kagi.com/cgi-bin/store.cgi?storeID=2HC〈=en They're made with Shockwave 3d and probably struggle to run on anything but an ancient computer. There is a free demo for both of them if you were so inclined to try them, they are very very old and will soon be free.

The reason I wanted to revisit mini golf was that I've always been a fan of the original but the dated controls and graphics meant I hadn't wanted to play it a long time. I always liked the calming tranquil nature of the original and the by any means possible way of getting to the hole, this is something we've tried to capture in Vertiginous Golf.

We've currently completed only 9 holes but will continue to add more as the game grows and hopefully the community will get involved, with everything going according to plan we intend to have lots of courses of holes available to play with varying play/visual styles.

The game plays great as a 4 player local multiplayer party game, this is something we really would like to improve on, potentially adding online multiplayer should there eventually be enough players, in my humble opinion theres nothing worse than small indie games with empty rooms and lobbies, I'd much rather encourage office/party play and explore some irl interactions over perhaps a beer or two :)

I hope you like what you see, if you do please spread the word, I'd love to see this at an event with Oculus rift and hundreds of holes!.. bluurrg! ;)

OUT NOW!!! http://www.verti-golf.com/

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  2. TheRaider

TheRaider

looks amazing. I would love to try this. Not sure on the name, you need people to be able to search for it!

3. kinl

kinl

We could go for Vertigo Golf... That was the original reason for the name Vertigolf, plus it'll always be linked with Vertigolf which has been around for 9 years or so.

I do have the same reservations to be honest, but then thats the marketing side of me, the creative side likes it ;)

4. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

That looks splendid, love the look and feel of it. Really enjoy a good crazy golf game so looking forward to seeing more and having a play.

5. kinl

kinl

Thanks, I could see a Mega-fiers feature perhaps being an interesting addition, it has crossed my mind.

6. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

Great looking game!
    I am also presently working on a funny golf game.

Will contact you via PM.

7. kinl

kinl

Thanks and no problem. :)

8. kinl

kinl

@The Raider, I've just luckily discovered that if you badly spell Vertiginous Golf, Vertinigious Golf or Vertigious Golf in Google it'll correct the spelling, Thanks Google :)

9. kinl

kinl

I've just uploaded a short walk through of out tutorial course for Vertiginous Golf, playing through a game and commentating is actually way harder than I imagined, I hope I was clear, hats off to those who do it well!

10. kinl

kinl

11. Dover8

Dover8

Hi kinl, Vertiginous Golf looks great! I have sent you a PM, let me know if you don't receive it.

Thanks.

12. kinl

kinl

Hi Dover8

I've emailed you. :)

kinl

13. kinl

kinl

UPDATE: Beta 0.2 Get it here. http://www.verti-golf.com/
    6 new holes.
    Play holes individually
    Now saves your progress.
    Various bug fixes and tweaks.

14. Shigidy

Shigidy

Can you help me out with a little problem I'm having. I'm trying to have spinners like you have in your game, but I can't get mine to work. I make the sphere, flatten it out. Remove the sphere collider and add a mesh collider, then use the material "grass" for it to have interaction. But it still doesn't interact with the ball.

15. kinl

kinl

I''ll double check, but I think our spinners are not physics, they're a spinning influence applied to the ball when near the spinner. I'll check with my partner who coded it.

16. DaFox

DaFox

17. kinl

kinl

Yes. released today, you reminded me I've been neglecting my posts ;) Sorry about that... Big updates in this version too. :)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  18. kinl

kinl

We're coming out of Early Access at 5pm today, including release of the Story mode, Course Creator, Online multiplayer and Customizable Avatars. PC, Mac and Linux.

Trailer here.

A little about the Story mode here: