Search Unity

VertExmotion [Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by kalagaan, Oct 30, 2014.

1. samshosho

samshosho

VertExmotionSensor is causing this error in the console.
    The type or namespace name `VertExmotionSensor' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

2. kalagaan

kalagaan

Could you check that the file 'VertExmotion/Core/VertExmotionSensor.cs' is in your Project ?
    You should try to reimport the package.

3. samshosho

samshosho

folder was missing for some reason, just reimported, now it's there.
    How easy is it to setup a wheel deformer and car body deformer?

4. kalagaan

kalagaan

Have a look to the TireDemo scene, and check the TireDeformation script (on the Wheel gameObject ).
    The script do a raycast for checking the road position, then the parameters are smoothed between the 'Tire Ok' and 'Tire Flat' data for deforming the tire.

For a car body deformation, I recommand to add some sensors around the mesh. On each sensor you could add a custom script with a collision trigger which add a local force to the sensor when a collider is touched. You could increase the deformation according to the collision velocity.

The API for the sensor custom force :
    VertExmotionSensor.m_params.translation.localOffset

5. immeasurability

immeasurability

not all this way( problem in the VertExmotionSensor and private void Update
    next update fix this pls VertExmotionSensor.private Update -> VertExmotionSensor.public Update

Sensor get the velocity, not VertExmotion, now i fix it in execute script order but this not good

6. immeasurability

immeasurability

now last task) how fix vertix in the sensor range?
    i need to put sensor in the area mesh, and fix weight of vertix to all runtime! and dont update range area for new vertices

7. kalagaan

kalagaan

I'll move the code to LateUpdate for VertExmotionBase & VertExmotionSensorBase. ;)
    I'll add a boolean 'm_executeOnLateUpdate', so you'll be able to choose.

8. kalagaan

kalagaan

The sensor range is defined by VertExmotionSensor.m_envelopRadius
    you can change the global weight of the sensor :
    VertExmotionSensor.m_params.translation.amplitudeMultiplier

If you need a specific behaviour, please send me an email (contact@kalagaan.com) ;)

9. samshosho

samshosho

i finally got the wheel to deform from the bottom, however if i try to add another sensor to deform the wheel from the front as well, the wheel starts to go crazy.
    Any idea?

Also noticed that the wheels now sink into objects more than before, how to prevent that?

10. kalagaan

kalagaan

Please send me an email with a link to a sample project.
    I can't answer if I don't know how 'crazy' is your scene ;)

11. samshosho

samshosho

i sent you an email already, but didn't get a reply for two days now!
    Making a scene and sending sample project is not doable, because it will be huge file.
    So simple, just try to answer instead of making me run around doing things for you.

These are my issues, please answer them ASAP, it's been two days already and my project is on hold.
    (email copy)

I finally got the wheel to deform from the bottom, however if i try to add another sensor to deform the wheel from the front as well, the wheel starts to go crazy.
    Any idea?

Also noticed that the wheels now sink into objects more than before, how to prevent that?
    Third issue, yesterday i built to my iPhone 7 plus, only to find that the deformation is not working at all. It shows fine in the editor, but on the phone, nothing deforms!

12. samshosho

samshosho

13. kalagaan

kalagaan

I didn't receive your email :(
    Sorry, I can't do anything for you if you don't send a small scene with your sensor settings and the scripts you use...
    You could send me a private message with a link to a demo scene, you can export a small scene in a unity package.
    For the iphone issue, did your shader has a fallback shader?
    maybe the iphone version use a fallback that is not compatible with VertExmotion.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  14. samshosho

samshosho

apparently you are not experienced enough with your own creation, that you can't answer simple questions.
    I will ask you to do a refund then if you can make this work.

Also fall back shader, are you kidding me???
    you don't know if your included shaders work for IOS or not????!!!!!

15. samshosho

samshosho

also, maybe checking your junk mail box will magically make you see my email.

16. samshosho

samshosho

i am sorry, i can't waste too much time on this. If by tomorrow i don't get a decent answer and a solution for this to work on IOS, then please do the refund and it's better that you mention that it doesn't work for IOS to begin with.

Other wise, i am sorry, that i will file a complaint and leave a feedback that you deserve.

17. kalagaan

kalagaan

I've checked my email before answering... no mail from you... even in the junk mail box....
    I still don't know what is your problem... I don't know if you are using the tire demo script or if you did yours...
    And what shader you're using, there's a lot of shaders availables...
    Sorry but "the wheel start go crazy" is not enought to understand your problem...
    The screenshot of the weights won't help me...
    If the shader doesn't work on iOS, there's maybe a console message... Did you try a mobile shader?
    I don't know your skill in programming, so I try to understand what is your problem.
    You're the 1st person that want to solve something without giving me informations.
    I really want to help... maybe you should explain more about your problem, with a video or some screenshots if you don't want to send a simple scene...

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    hopeful likes this.
  18. samshosho

samshosho

alright, asking questions is a good start, maybe you should try to do that in a better way for a better support.
    i am using your VertExmotion/mobile/bumped Specular and also used other VertExmotion mobile shaders, but none worked so far, building to iPad and iPhone. Shouldn't you know which shader works for IOS and Android???
    Are you leaving things for people to test for you and run around doing things for you???

I really don't have time to do your work and do testing for you.
    So simple, what shader did you test on your own and know for sure that it works for IOS and Android???

The other two issues don't stand for now, not until this actually works on Mobile phones first, then we can discus the other issues.

19. kalagaan

kalagaan

I always do my best for the customers (have a look to my asset store page), sometimes bugs happen.
    The demos use the VertExmotion/Standard shader.
    So, maybe it's a bug from : VertExmotion, unity, your project, or a compatibility issue with your devices...
    I can't test on all the devices!
    I've tested on PC/MAC/Android, and people use it on iOS, XBOX & PS4...
    If you don't have time for basic testing, I won't do voodoo magic to help you : please ask for refund.

20. samshosho

samshosho

You released it on Unity Asset Store and you didn't test it for IOS!
    People reported! wow, that's just great.
    Alright, please do the refund, since this doesn't work for IOS and my main use is for IOS.
    By the end of today, which is in few more hours, if i don't receive the refund, and i will have to report this to Unity and leave you a feedback that shows the lack of professionalism and scam for posting a plugin that doesn't work as reported.

21. kalagaan

kalagaan

I know that it works on iOS devices, maybe not for your project or device, I think that we could have fix it easily, but we'll never know.
    please send me your invoice number in a private message, because I'm not sure that you'll send the email correctly. And you won't receive any refund today, because I have to ask the unity team to do it.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  22. samshosho

samshosho

Just did.

23. nikescar

nikescar

Sam is a very unpleasant person. I hope he never becomes a customer of mine.

faduci, m-kan, HummerBumble and 4 others like this.
  24. kalagaan

kalagaan

Yes, that's why I didn't have time to waste with this kind of person... :confused:

m-kan, Fluffy-Tails and Bhanshee00 like this.
  25. julianr

julianr

There's always one :)

Freznosis and kalagaan like this.
  26. JonBanana

JonBanana

Hi ,
    I buy your asset and it is wonderfull !

Unfortunatly i have bug with mouse position when i m painting weight map (i use macbook pro retina) do you have any idea how to fix it ?

And i d like to have a sensor with a shape ( i d like to push material with hand shape for example)
    how can i achieved it ?

27. kalagaan

kalagaan

Thank you!
    It's a bug from Unity, you should download the latest version, it should fix it ;)
    You can create some sensors that are locked to another gameObject, have a look to the interaction demo.
    If ou need help, please send me an email ( contact@kalagaan.com ) :)

28. JonBanana

JonBanana

For the mouse position bug in notice that if i plug 2nd monitor (1920x1080) it s working correctly

For the sensors shape i dont understand exactly what you mean, do i have to create my shape with multiple sensors (they are sphere for what i understand) ?

How can i have a cube who deform a sphere for example ?

29. kalagaan

kalagaan

Yes, you have to approximate the shape with multple sensors.
    If you have specific needs for your project, please send me an email (contact@kalagaan.com)

30. JonBanana

JonBanana

Thanks for your answer,

I have others question,

do you have tutorial about importing skin weight and tutorial about colliders

31. kalagaan

kalagaan

There's a small tutorial in the documentation for importing weights from a texture, and a description of the collision system.

There's a lot of demos in the package, but maybe I should add some specific video tutorials on my youtube channel.

Fabi88 likes this.
  32. JonBanana

JonBanana

Yes it ll be great because for now i succeed to do all of what i expect :) but i m sure i ll be faster with a nice video tutorial ;)

kalagaan likes this.
  33. JonBanana

JonBanana

Hi again , is it possible to inflate but not on all axis ?

34. kalagaan

kalagaan

No, you can't inflate in one direction, but you can add a direction vector (world or local).
    sensor.m_params.translation.worldOffset

35. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

Is it possible to use your asset to deform the surface of a skinned mesh? Say I'd like to use Leap Motion for my hand, and then have my fingers press-in the surface of a ball when I'm grabbing it as an example?

Thanks.

36. kalagaan

kalagaan

yes, you can add a VertExmotion sensor on the finger gameobject, there's a sample of a touch deformation in the package (with the mouse).
    The deformations are sphericals, so you'll have to add overlapping sensors for a complex shape.

ftejada likes this.
  37. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

Hi,

I just picked this up and I'm having issues. As soon as I add VertExmotion to my skinned character (Humanoid animation type), nothing happens. When I changed my model to the Generic animation type, everything still applied, it works. Thoughts?

I'm running 2017.1.0f3, and VertExmotion 1.4.10.

Also I'm using Amplify Shader Editor. Can I get some help with making VertExmotion compatible please?

Thanks.

(I also sent you an email about this too)

38. kalagaan

kalagaan

VertExmotion works on the shaders, so the animation type should not impact the deformations... :confused:
    Amplify shader is not yet compatible, but I could modify the final shader. ;)

39. terapong

terapong

Vertexmotion could be integrated with shaders Toony Colors Pro 2.

40. kalagaan

kalagaan

You can add VertExmotion to the Vertex function of the shader.
    There's some samples in the documentation.

41. nxrighthere

nxrighthere

Does VertExmotion work with enabled GPU-Instancing?

42. kalagaan

kalagaan

No, VertExmotion is not compatible with GPU instancing.
    The instance properties buffer doesn't work with array. :(

43. Roundpitt

Roundpitt

Hey!
    My player object has clothing, that clothing is a group of seperate meshes. There's no clipping during animations.

If I gave the body softbody with this tool, will the body clip into the clothing? Or will the clothing follow the body?

44. kalagaan

kalagaan

The clipping will depend of the setting of each VertExmotion sensor.
    Each sensor is oriented and you can define the limits (IN/OUT) of the vertices displacement.
    You can share the sensors with different mesh, so the vertices of each mesh will be affected with the same settings.
    The sensor is locked to a bone of the character, the motion of the vertices will be computed according to the bone motion.
    You can also add a custom vector, that could be used if you need to fix a clipping problem.

If you want a test, you could send me a sample character with an animation. ;)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  45. codeK1

codeK1

Hey,
    Firstly this is a cracking soft body solution!
    Is there any documentation on how to get Vertex motion working on the PS4/Xbox one?

Thanks

46. kalagaan

kalagaan

Hi,
    Some studios have used VertExmotion for Xbox One & PS4
    Blue Isle studio used it for the game valley.
    VertExmotion is included in the vertex program of the shader, it's common to any platform, so there's no specific documentation for that. Unfortunatly I don't have a Xbox or PS4 devkit.
    Here the documentation.

47. kalagaan

kalagaan

The version 1.5.0 has been submitted to the assetstore :)
    It should be available soon!

- New : 3-axis limits

- New : sensor distance power

- New : wobble FX on collision

- New : panel position can be switched inside the inspector

punk and hopeful like this.
  48. kalagaan

kalagaan

hopeful likes this.
  49. kalagaan

kalagaan

Version 1.5.2 available,
    ready for 2017.2 ;)

julianr likes this.
  50. moodiey

moodiey

Hey Kalagann,

About to buy VertExmotion, looks very well done. Couple quick questions though... that may have already been asked so apologies

1. From your video, It looks like the sensors can function fine on a Skinned Mesh Renderer like one you'd get from mixamo correct? Any special considerations here?

2. My mixamo characters have bones, animation clips, state machine ect... Im assuming the system just works against the mesh and wont interfere with imported bones?

Thanks again