Search Unity

VertExmotion [Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by kalagaan, Oct 30, 2014.

1. kalagaan

kalagaan

Thank you for testing :)
    It should be an issue with unity 4.1, the mouse pointer info should be corrupted...

2. kalagaan

kalagaan

Does it happened with VertExmotion only?
    I've checked the code, the cursor drawing function is very simple

Code (CSharp):
    1. Camera svCam = SceneView.currentDrawingSceneView.camera;
    2. Vector2 mp2d = Event.current.mousePosition;
    3. mp2d.y = svCam.pixelHeight - mp2d.y;      
    4. Vector3 mp = svCam.ScreenToWorldPoint ( mp2d );
    5. mp +=  svCam.transform.forward;
    6. Handles.DrawSolidDisc( mp, -svCam.transform.forward, m_brushSize );

3. alanmthomas

alanmthomas

It does only happen with VertExmotion. I don't get it either. I figured that the code to handle it would be very simple. I am not using the pro version, if that makes a difference at all.

4. kalagaan

kalagaan

:confused: I don't think that the problem comes from VertExmotion...
    Sorry, I have no idea of what it could be...
    Maybe you could try to update to the latest version of Unity.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  5. alanmthomas

alanmthomas

Just upgraded to 5.4.2 and still no luck.

6. chelnok

chelnok

Weird. Does macbook pro have retina screen? There were some problems with retina screens and unity editor gui at some point, but i believe it was already fixed. Might be worth to check if you need to change something in editor settings.

syscrusher likes this.
  7. alanmthomas

alanmthomas

It does have a retina display! I'm looking now to see if there is something in Presences or elsewhere to support that.

Thanks, @chelnok!

8. sixb0nes

sixb0nes

Hey,

Just purchased the product. First, thanks!

I jumped immediately into the demos and plunked some gravity on the capsule in collisionTest.unity demo. With the gravity enabled, the collisions don't seem to reflect the effect of the gravity?

Again, I'm 1hr green so let me know if I'm doing something completely wrong.

In the attached screen you can see the force being applied to the capsule even though it has collapsed under the gravity and shouldn't be touching anything.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

9. kalagaan

kalagaan

Hi,
    the collision system is not affected by the FX settings, so the collider position won't be updated by the gravity.
    It should be possible to apply the gravity vector to the collision zone, I'll do some tests ;)

10. kalagaan

kalagaan

Here a script to add to the VertExmotion collider
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    3. using Kalagaan;
    5. public class ColliderGravity : MonoBehaviour {
    7.     Vector3[] m_collisionZonesPos;
    8.     VertExmotionCollider m_vtmCol;
    9.     VertExmotionSensor m_vtmSensor;
    11.     // Use this for initialization
    12.     void Start() {
    14.         m_vtmSensor = transform.parent.GetComponent<VertExmotionSensor>();
    15.         m_vtmCol = GetComponent<VertExmotionCollider>();      
    16.         m_collisionZonesPos = new Vector3[m_vtmCol.m_collisionZones.Count];
    17.         for (int i = 0; i < m_vtmCol.m_collisionZones.Count; ++i)
    18.         {
    19.             m_collisionZonesPos[i] = m_vtmCol.m_collisionZones[i].positionOffset;
    20.         }
    22.     }
    24.     // Update is called once per frame
    25.     void Update () {
    27.         float dot = Vector3.Dot(m_vtmSensor.transform.forward,Physics.gravity.normalized);
    28.         float f = Mathf.Lerp(m_vtmSensor.m_params.translation.gravityInOut.x, m_vtmSensor.m_params.translation.gravityInOut.y, (dot + 1 ) * .5f ) * .5f;
    30.         for (int i = 0; i < m_vtmCol.m_collisionZones.Count; ++i)
    31.         {
    32.             m_vtmCol.m_collisionZones[i].positionOffset = transform.InverseTransformDirection(Physics.gravity)*f + m_collisionZonesPos[i];
    33.         }
    35.     }
    36. }

hopeful likes this.
  11. sixb0nes

sixb0nes

Thank you for your support!

12. imDanOush

imDanOush

Hello. Is it possible to recreate car tire deformation? thanks in advance.

13. kalagaan

kalagaan

There's a tire deformation demo included in the package. ;)
    You can see it in the video.

The demo is made with a script that you'll be able to modify for your car system.

14. imDanOush

imDanOush

yes I've noticed that but I meant the actual tire, let me rephrase my question in an other way. Is your asset able to kinda simulate car tire if the tire is spinning so fast and also when the car is steering? Thanks in advance.

15. kalagaan

kalagaan

Could you send me a sample of the kind of deformation you need?
    For complex deformation, you'll have to create a custom script that drive the VertExmotion sensors deformations.
    In this case, it should combine the car direction, the road distance, the tire inflate...
    I can't provide a solution out of the box for any kind of project, that's why VertExmotion deals with simple deformation zones that you can combine on the mesh.

16. imDanOush

imDanOush

This video shows the effect (below). I want to add this effect to cars.

17. kalagaan

kalagaan

Here a quick test by sliding the local deformation vector of the sensor.

imDanOush likes this.
  18. world_naoki

world_naoki

I wanna use VertExmotion with Toon/lit shader in standard asset

But it is not compatible.

Can I custom the shader to be compatible with VertExmotion?

19. kalagaan

kalagaan

Yes you can create your own compatible shader ;)
    Have look at the shaders in the package, and the documentation.
    The only limitation is the use of vertex color, because VertExmotion need the vertex color as a softbody weight.
    If you need help for a specific shader, send me an email (contact@kalagaan.com)

20. world_naoki

world_naoki

Thank you for reply.
    I will send you a e-mail.

21. Fluffy-Tails

Fluffy-Tails

Hi kalagaan, wonderful asset! :3

I'm a potential customer but there is one issue I have.
    I evaluated a friend's copy to determine if I wanted to invest in this and found a major problem.

I'm using VertexMotion 1.3.1 on Unity 5.5.0f3 and no matter what I do, I have spent hours trying to figure this out, the motion does not work at all.

I did a fresh new project just to test VertexMotion and the same problem exists.

Basically, the Jelly Fish demo doesn't do anything but move, no deformation or any soft-body behavior at all.

Testing your web-demo on your website has the correct behavior but when I test in the editor, it doesn't.

Is there something I am doing wrong?
    I imported the package and hadn't modified any settings and used the original demo's.

Lastly, I am currently working on creating an adult game.
    Some few pages back, a user mentioned breast grabbing and stuff like that, but I intend to go further with an adult game including genitalia penetration.

Are there any plans to support Adventure Creator and PlayMaker?

Would this work for my project?

22. kalagaan

kalagaan

Version 1.3.1 is very old :p
    it won't work because the shader API has changed since unity 5.4, so you need the latest version.
    I have no plans to support PlayMaker or Adventure creator, because most of the time you'll have to set up VertExmotion and you don't need to access the API.

23. imDanOush

imDanOush

So here is what I made so far for testing. Looks promising, I'll dig into it asap. This is a fast (lightweight and performance) and wonderful high quality asset. Also the developer of the asset is very kind and that is great. Good job. This asset worth buying.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    kalagaan likes this.
  24. kalagaan

kalagaan

Wow!!! Amazing!!!
    Thank you for your feedback ;)
    I'm glad that my work is usefull!

imDanOush likes this.
  25. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

This asset's tire demo, could the same effect work on a skinned mesh with a blend shape? I.e., would VertExmotion use the applied blend shape's vertex offsets when processing the sensor?

26. kalagaan

kalagaan

Yes, the sensor deformation is applied by the GPU, so all the blend shape deformations will be applied.
    Note : If a vertex is out of range of the sensor in a blend shape, it won't be affected by the sensor.

SunnySunshine likes this.
  27. Andresmonte

Andresmonte

hello, its posible to make a PUSH only interaction Preserving the volume like using "Inflate".

28. kalagaan

kalagaan

Hi,
    You can create a sensor with an inflate value and attach it to another gameobject.
    When this gameobject will be near the mesh with the VertExmotion component, the vertices will be pushed according to the radius and the inflate value of the sensor.
    There's a demo in the package.
    The FX works only for the vertices in the range of the sensor, so the volume of the mesh won't be preserved.

julianr likes this.
  29. immeasurability

immeasurability

kalagaan, Hi!
    I'm curious to know about your collisions Asset
    I'm interested in a basketball hoop, namely mesh rings. whether the ring mesh deformation of basketball sphere correctly?

30. hopeful

hopeful

That is a good question! :)

31. kalagaan

kalagaan

I don't think that colliders are the best choice for this, you should do it with a custom script.
    The sensor apply a negative inflate on the net (cylinder), and when the ball enter the hoop,
    the inflate value is changed according to the ball radius, and a custom force is applied to follow the ball position.
    It should work nicely. ;)

32. grahag11

grahag11

Hello
    Does anyone know is this tool compatible with VR (specifically steamvr and Vive)?

Also any compatibility issues with FinalIK or uber/rtp shaders?

Compatible with unity 5.5?

And also morph3d characters?

I'm interested in picking up for the sale but not sure about compatibility.
    Thanks,
    Garrett

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  33. kalagaan

kalagaan

Hello,
    VertExmotion is compatible with all the versions of Unity ;)
    I've converted many built-in shaders (including the standard shader ) in the package.
    There's a documentation for converting shaders, and I can help you if you need help for a convertion.
    I've already done a convertion for UBER shaders (not included in the package).
    You can use it with all the IK systems and VR :)
    And it's compatible with blendshapes, so it works with Morph3D

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    syscrusher likes this.
  34. grahag11

grahag11

Awesome, thanks! Looks really nice. I think I am going to check it out. :)

35. JRRReynolds

JRRReynolds

In your promotional video on the asset store, you have a mixamo girl doing a dance with her hair movement using vertexexmotion. In the video, the hair passes through her head (clips through) during portions of the movement (time in video 1:18-1:20). If I were to add a regular sphere collider or box collider to her head (like you would normally see when you create a ragdoll), would the ponytail still pass through her head or would it bounce off the sphere collider/box collider? Would it bounce off if it was a mesh collider?

36. kalagaan

kalagaan

You can add some collision zones (spherical) that will collide with all other colliders and deform the mesh.
    Here a demo (firefox):
    http://www.kalagaan.com/?p=vertExmotion&demo=4#unityPlayerDemo

You can also create a custom scripts that add some forces (world/local) on the sensor.
    So you can create your own collider script ;)

37. ftejada

ftejada

Hi
    I am interested in your asset but I would like to know what the differences are between the "pro" version and the "basic"

a greeting

38. Aldo

Aldo

I know you have said it works with many built in shaders, does it work with unlit texture?

39. kalagaan

kalagaan

The pro version include all the source code, the basic version has DLL.

40. kalagaan

kalagaan

Yes, the "unlit/texture", "Unlit/Transparent" and "unlit/Transparent Cutout" are included in the package ;)
    The only limitation is for shaders using vertex color, because the tool stores the softbody weight in the vertex color.
    So for this kind of shader, the all the vertices have a softbody weight of 1, the sensor radius is the only way to select which vertex should move or not.

41. JRRReynolds

JRRReynolds

I don't really understand your response. I'm sorry is there anyway you could be more clear? (remember I don't own the asset or have the documentation for it, so any additional information would be very helpful)

1) Let's say I add a box collider to the mixamo girl's head, would her pony tail then bounce off the box collider instead of going through the head as it currently does.

2) Also let's say I duplicated the mixamo girl about 30 times - would the fps still be normal or would it drop?

42. kalagaan

kalagaan

1) There's 3 ways to control the motion
    - you can add collision zones that react to unity colliders, so you can add a collider on the head ;)

- you can set up the limits of the sensor to avoid self collision ( tuto 1:30 )
    - you can create a script and use the API to create custom limits.

2) you can duplicate the character 30 times, you won't have fps drop (less than 2ms for all the scripts on CPU) ;)

Note : for long hair, I recommand to use a bone system in addition of vertexmotion.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  43. syscrusher

syscrusher

FWIW, this is a documented bug in Unity 5.4.x and early 5.5. It has to do with mapping screen to world coordinates on OSX. It's fixed in late Unity 5.5 and in the Unity 5.6 beta.

chelnok likes this.
  44. syscrusher

syscrusher

Congratulations. I was on the fence, and that little addition just convinced me to buy VertExmotion. (I use UBER shaders all over the place, and it's reassuring to know this integration is more than just hypothetical.)

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    kalagaan likes this.
  45. immeasurability

immeasurability

how about capsule modifier? and cylinder? without them it is impossible to)))

46. kalagaan

kalagaan

The collision zones are spherical and collide with CapsuleCollider.
    Do you have problems with the collisions? Send me a sample at contact@kalagaan.com ;)

47. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

I don't think I understand the collision system properly. I'm using a modified setup of the default test scenes that come with VertExmotion, and this is what I get:

As you can see, the sensor object doesn't react as one would expect.

Am I doing something wrong here or is this the expected behavior?

48. syscrusher

syscrusher

Offhand, when I look at the motion of your system, I think you're exeeding an elastic limit in the collider settings. As your sphere contacts the sensor sphere, there is a moment of motion as the VertExmotion object reacts, and then it appears to "break through". Is there a setting related to penetrating force that perhaps you have too low?

49. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

I figured something similar, but can't seem to find a setting that actually changes this supposed threshold.

If anyone can shed some light on the issue, that would be greatly appreciated.

50. immeasurability

immeasurability

need sensor!