Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for your feedback about Templates! Tell us about your experiences by taking our survey.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Read here for Unity's latest plans on OpenXR.
    Dismiss Notice

Vertex Count Disparity in Oculus Quest Build vs. Rift in Editor

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by equalsequals, Mar 25, 2020.

1. equalsequals

equalsequals

We're seeing a disparity in vertex count as reported by the Profiler that I'd like to get a little clarification on if someone can help.

We're observing a vertex count of roughly 2x in Editor using an Oculus Rift versus a build running on the Oculus Quest. Profiling running in Editor (Single-Pass Stereo) a frame checks in ~270K, and on the Quest (Multi-View) roughly 135K.

My standing theory is that this is an adverse affect of the Quest's Multi-View XR implementation, as it multiplexes the Draw Calls at the driver level, so the stats may not be reporting the true vertex count as CPU-side it only sees a single draw, thus halving the vertex count.

I wanted to get someone's eyes on this before I go through the trouble of submitting a bug report.

Many thanks in advance!

==

2. RyanKeable

RyanKeable

yes you are correct. The multi-view set up in the editor renders all vertices twice.

the vertex count you are seeing on the Quest would be an accurate reflection

unityunity