Search Unity

Vertex Animation

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Waterlane, May 11, 2018.

1. Waterlane

Waterlane

Hi - I'm wondering if there is any way to use ProBuilder to create Vertex animation in Unity.
    Either keyframed vertex animation - or - some form of morph/blend animation.
    (Ideally controllable with curves and timeline)

This would be cool for skinned/rigged characters but at the moment all I want it to animate vertice of an object already in my scene (i.e. not being imported).
    Any suggestions?

juan-jo and Protozoaire like this.
  2. Waterlane

Waterlane

Well - I've just got Maya Blend Shapes working in Unity for the first time and see that they can work on the Timeline with curves - excellent!
    I guess for ProBuilder it would be very cool to simple be able to use it to edit model duplicates in Unity and set them as Blend shapes - which I don't think can be done now. A feature for the future perhaps? :)

3. hopeful

hopeful

If you are looking for a tool to help with vertex animation, you might check out Skele. I think it may have that ability.

4. Waterlane

Waterlane

Cheers hopeful - I know of Skele, but thought it was more related to bone driven animation.
    I'm looking more at keyframed vertices - still have managed to use MayaLT and BlendShapes :)
    Think it would be a cool feature for ProBuilder though...

5. hopeful

hopeful

Skele does have bone driven animation, but I thought it also had vertex animation. It's the only store package I can think of that has it (if it does).

EDIT: He calls it a mesh morpher. See if that's what you were thinking of. Examples of this are shown in the 7th-10th example videos in the store. I believe he had more videos showing this feature, so maybe check his YouTube channel.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    Protozoaire likes this.