Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Version define UGS_BETA_LOBBY_EVENTS is defined, but the IWire component is not available. This mean

Discussion in 'Lobby' started by First_Space_man, Feb 26, 2023.

1. First_Space_man

First_Space_man

Version define UGS_BETA_LOBBY_EVENTS is defined, but the IWire component is not available. This means you do not have the Wire package in your project! - written warning in the console.
    I write UGS_BETA_LOBBY_EVENTS in player settings but lobby events don't work. For example, can't receive events on lobby changes when other players joined

2. MiTschMR

MiTschMR

It mentions in the warning message what you need to add, and that is the Wire package. Look in the package manager for it and if you can't find it, add it via the plus icon in the top left by name
    com.unity.services.wire

UnityGarChar and First_Space_man like this.
  3. UnityGarChar

UnityGarChar

Unity Technologies

Hey, First_Space_man!

MiTschMR's advice is correct - you should be able to simply add the Wire package to your project to resolve the warning and get Lobby Events working.

While that'll fix your current issue, I highly advise upgrading to the latest Lobby package, version 1.1.0-pre.3!
    In this version, the Wire package is a dependency of the Lobby package and will be added to your project automatically. Additionally, you will no longer need to specify UGS_BETA_LOBBY_EVENTS in the Player Settings to expose the Lobby Events feature :)

4. MiTschMR

MiTschMR

Is there a timeline for the public release of version 1.1.0? I don't really like using preview packages and features because of changes needed in most cases when updating from preview to public releases.

5. UnityGarChar

UnityGarChar

Unity Technologies

At the moment, we don't have a timeline for releasing an out-of-preview version of Lobby 1.1.0 because we're still actively iterating on the Lobby Events feature.
    Once we've wrapped up feature development for Lobby Events we'll be eagerly looking to move this version out of preview. I suspect a couple of months before we're ready to do this since we'll want time to gather and apply feedback from developers, though that's not firm by any means

6. MiTschMR

MiTschMR

Still a few months? What are you guys including into that? I don't know what is going on behind the scenes and what is required, but really that much? Isn't it already working pretty well? :confused:

7. First_Space_man

First_Space_man

Thx it help me = )