Search Unity

1. Get the latest news, tutorials and offers directly to your inbox with our newsletters. Sign up now.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Version Control for Games with Unity's Plastic SCM

Discussion in 'Unite Now' started by AskCarol, Oct 13, 2020.

1. AskCarol

AskCarol

Unity Technologies

Version Control for Games with Unity's Plastic SCM

Date: Wednesday, October 14
    Time: 9:00 a.m. PDT

Does your team need better version control? Learn about one of the newest members of the Unity family, Plastic SCM – an industry-leading version control solution for any team, any industry, and any engine.

Feel free to ask your questions in the comments!

IOU_RAY likes this.
  2. IOU_RAY

IOU_RAY

Is the same team who brought us the extremely poorly maintained and unprofessional service Collab involved with Plastic SCM?

We were given false promises for years and no follow up without major delays, only triggered by constant questions on the forums by members paying for such a service.

I can go into a major compilation of this, but I'm not trying to make a point here, I'm trying to reinstate my trust in Unity.

I understand this question seems a little insulting but I assure you, nearly all of us who used/are using collab and having to make this transition to a different setup/service are wondering this.

This service has negatively affected so many teams (and thus, business), so the transparency on this is extremely important to us, as Unity has lost a lot of confidence and faith for anything they touch in terms of version control.

A follow-up to the answer, if the same team is involved, or even any of the same members, why should we have faith that it won't go the same way?

Thank you

3. SirKnightDragoon

SirKnightDragoon

Plastic SCM is a separate software. Companies like Ubisoft use it for all of their games. It's pretty much the best that exists at VCS level.

4. Silly_Rollo

Silly_Rollo

I'm confused about plastic pricing. All the pricing details on the plastic site are for cloud hosted. If I run my own vps plastic server (so zero cloud storage) how much am I paying?

unityunity