Search Unity

Version Control / Build questions for Addressables

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by bfloyd, Jul 24, 2019.

1. bfloyd

bfloyd

#1 This could be moved into separate asset (editor pref?) we ignore changes and default to fast mode?

Assets/AddressableAssetsData/AddressableAssetSettings.asset
    m_ActivePlayerDataBuilderIndex: 3
    - m_ActivePlayModeDataBuilderIndex: 1
    + m_ActivePlayModeDataBuilderIndex: 0
    m_DataBuilders:

#2 I'm not sure why this asset change needed when we change platforms? shouldn't it be able to lookup this value at runtime from the profile entries?

Assets/AddressableAssetsData/AddressableAssetSettings.asset
    m_ClassName: System.String
    - m_Data: ServerData/0.1.5/Android
    + m_Data: ServerData/0.1.5/iOS
    m_Key: ContentRoot

#3 If we build "addressable content" with a separate build workspace than the "platform app bundles" would we run into issues? Is the platform app bundles dependent on the addressable content build per platform?
    e.g.,
    workspace 1 builds commit x app y android apk
    workspace 2 builds commit x app y android addressable content
    workspace 3 builds commit x app y ios ipa
    workspace 4 builds commit x app y ios addressable content

#4 If we leverage the same "platform addressable content" for variants of a "platform app bundle" run into issues? (maybe answered above in #3)
    workspace 5 builds commit x app y android - amazon apk
    (commit x app y android - amazon apk uses the same commit x app y android addressable content)

#5 What is the difference between "Bundled Asset Provider Type" and "Asset Bundle Provider Type" on the schema?

#6 Does the Asset Bundle packing support dependencies? e.g., I pack 2 scenes separately, but they share common assets (shaders, sprites, ...), so it would not duplicate those assets in the separate scene asset bundles?

2. unity_bill

unity_bill

Not a terrible idea to make it a pre-user setting instead of per-project. We'll explore that.

We've known about this and have it on our list to make this not write to the asset. Or maybe we already fixed it? I don't think so. I'm mostly sure it's still in the backlog.

I don't really understand what you're asking.

maybe if you clarify 3 I can answer this too.

We're going to clarify that in the UI, but basically "Bundled Asset Provider" is the "thing that can provide an asset that is bundled" whereas the "Asset bundle provider" is the "thing that can provide an AssetBundle". We need to make that clearer.

If two bundles share a dependency, that dependency gets duplicated unless you take action. Click "Analyze" and run the rule that looks for duplicated dependencies. That rule can "fix itself" by pulling out the dupes into a new group.