Search Unity

[Version 2 RELEASED] A+ Assets Explorer - Know Your Assets In Project Better

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amlovey, May 10, 2016.

1. Amlovey

Amlovey

banner.png
    Buy On Asset Store | Buy in MianMaoDuo (China Only) | Online Manual | Offline Manual | Website | Twitter | Contact | Free Version

Why I create this asset?

The idea was inspired by the pain during development and performance improvement:

1. Hard to find large assets. For example the large textures and models with high vertexes count
    2. Hard to find assets with specific property. For example the materials with specific shader
    3. Hard to find assets references
    4. Don't know where the Unity special folder is, like persistentDataPath and also annoying to find and then open them in Windows Explorer/Finder again and again.

and more ...

What can this asset do?

A+ Assets Explorer is aim to deal with the pain above and more others... it has tools to manage assets and improve workflow. And It is ready for large project.

Buy
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/a-assets-explorer-573355

Or buy in MianBaoDuo (China Only) with lower price.

Want To Try It First?
    Just download free version from AssetStore

Videos Preview

Features
    ✓ Assets searching and sorting, multiple properties searching is available
    ✓ Assets multiple selection
    ✓ Assets blacklist - hide assets if you don't want them show in Assets Explorer
    ✓ Assets renaming - allow rename multiple at one click
    ✓ Assets data headers customization - show the properties you want
    ✓ Assets statistics in few seconds
    ✓ Export data to CSV file
    ✓ Find assets references in Project and Hierarchy
    ✓ Find unused assets to make project clean
    ✓ Window style and color theme customization
    ✓ Workflow improvement tools
    ✓ And more...

Workflow Improve Tools
    ✓ QuickFolderOpener:
    open unity special folder quickly
    ✓ Build Manager: Scene overview, navigation and build settings config/save/restore
    ✓ Prefab Tool: Bulk operations, like creating, apply and revert etc.

Any QUESTIONS or ISSUES, or FEATURES REQUESTS, welcome to send email to me or reply this thread. I will reply ASAP.

Important to Find Unused Assets:

If there are multiple Unity Editor opened, the find unused feature may not works in the Unity Editor instances except the lastest opened one, due to only the lastest opened Unity Editor will write logs to Unity Editor log files, but the previous are not.

So if there are multiple Unity Editor opened, recommend re-open the Unity Editor of the project you want to find unused assets.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  2. Amlovey

Amlovey

1.0.6 was released with 50% off sale for this release. One more thing is that shader support was added into this release.

3. derkoi

derkoi

Hi, I just bought this and I like it, however I'm trying to select all materials of a certain type for example "mobile/diffuse" so i can change them to standard. I can get a list of the type of materials but I can't bulk select them, I'd need to select each material one by one & i have other 1000 materials in my project so this will take some time, is there a way like shift clicking to select multiple materials at the same time?

Thanks

4. Amlovey

Amlovey

Hi derkoi, thank you for using A+ Assets Explorer. Sorry that we cannot bulk select in this release. But I have added it into my TODO list and this features will come in next release.

5. derkoi

derkoi

Ok, glad to hear you've added it to your todo list, i really think that's the only thing missing. Great asset, thanks.

6. iamsam

iamsam

Asset looks really polished, nice work :). Is bulk select not working on materials only or it does not work with any other components? Would love to get this asset but as @derkoi mentioned, bulk select is important for large projects. Any time frame on when you would be able to implement this feature?

7. Amlovey

Amlovey

Hi, iamsm. The featue is almost done. I plan to submit a new release with the feature in next few days.

8. iamsam

iamsam

Purchased it. Excellent well designed asset.

@Amlovey Sounds good, looking forward to the update.

One suggestion. It would be better to have an option/preference as to when the plugin starts to cache data. I saw that it automatically started when you import the plugin/import a new asset or play a scene (might be other cases too). I found that a bit bothersome as it broke my normal workflow.

9. Amlovey

Amlovey

@iamsam, thank you for your great suggestion. It's in my TODO list now.

iamsam likes this.
  10. Amlovey

Amlovey

@iamsam, @derkoi , I just submit a new packages with the bulk selection feature.

And @iamsam, i have updated the logic of cacheing data, perhaps the new release will not break your normal work. :)

11. Amlovey

Amlovey

Hi, 1.0.7 is available on Asset Store now.

iamsam likes this.
  12. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

You should double-check the menu on your web site for a Freudian slip...

;)

13. Amlovey

Amlovey

:):). Typo was fixed. Good catch!!!

TeagansDad likes this.
  14. iamsam

iamsam

@Amlovey The update looks great and thanks for updating the logic of caching data.

A few suggestions:
    - Would it be possible to make the window dockable/full screen. This makes it easier to manage when using a laptop.
    -- Also currently the window is only shown when Unity has focus, as soon as you click outside Unity the window disappears. Would it be possible to have an option to change this behavior?
    -- The asset works quite well, great job! However for large projects, it hangs most of the time while sorting data or doing a multi-select, you may need to use additional threads so that it is responsive when analyzing a large array of assets.

15. Amlovey

Amlovey

@iamsam, Thank you very very much for your suggestions. :)

For you suggestions:

#1, In my first implement of Assets Explorer, I want to use a dockable window to host the UI of explorer, but for some unknown reason, unity will crash when window is docking... I still investing the issue, but have no progress till now...

#2, It's controlled by Unity Editor, i will take a deep look at to check whether we can change it or not.

#3, I agree the performance for large data is not very good. A TODO item already in my list for this improvement. I Will try to include it in next release.

Thank you ver much again. I like any suggestions to improve Assets Explorer :)

16. Amlovey

Amlovey

@iamsam, I just sumbit a new packages on asset store. In new release, Assets Exploer can handle large data list efficiently (have test on 10000+ items), no UI hangs any more.

17. Amlovey

Amlovey

version 1.0.8 is available on Asset Store now

iamsam likes this.
  18. Amlovey

Amlovey

Update post:

1. Added free trial version download link to the post with feature limiation, so that person can try it before purchase.
    2. New video for up coming release.

19. Amlovey

Amlovey

1.0.9 is available now, big updates for this release, and it's ready for large project.

Updates post: add more video preview

20. Amlovey

Amlovey

21. Amlovey

Amlovey

New version 1.1.0 is available . Prefabs support was added into this release.

22. Amlovey

Amlovey

NEWS: New version 1.1.1 and free version 1.0.1 is available

23. tosiabunio

tosiabunio

I bought the full version but it doesn't seem support builds triggered via scripts. This is the only way I can build my game as I need some pre-build (Wwise soundbanks copying, data export) and post-build (Steam upload) steps performed. At this moment most of the functionality isn't available for me.

24. Amlovey

Amlovey

Thanks for purchasing.

I force the A+ Window to not available state during the building process if we are using dockable window style, due to some bugs which i'm investigating and tring my best to fix them. It's temporary design and will be changed in future.

Hi tosiabunio, Would you mind sending email to me with more information about your build process logic? So that we can discuss it and improve A+ to fit your project. My email is amlovey@qq.com.

25. Amlovey

Amlovey

Hi @tosiabunio, the bugs were fixed, I have removed the logic that bring A+ into unavailable state. And I also submitted a new version to Asset Store. You may try it and see if it works for you after new version is available (May be 2 or 3 days later). Thank you very much for your feedbacks.

26. Amlovey

Amlovey

New version 1.1.2 and free version 1.0.2 are available.

iamsam likes this.
  27. Amlovey

Amlovey

33% sale off this month for my birthday. :)

28. Amlovey

Amlovey

new 1.1.3 submitted, Scene Explorer was added in new release. The Scene Explorer able to switch scene quickly and config/save/load build settings easily

29. DorothyKL

DorothyKL

Very useful asset!!

30. Amlovey

Amlovey

Thank you :)

BTW, New version 1.1.3 is available on AssetStore. Scene Explorer is available for you now.

31. Amlovey

Amlovey

1.1.4 with color theme support is available.

32. Amlovey

Amlovey

1.1.7 is available now

33. Baraff

Baraff

I get this message when I load Unity now after installing the package.
    Any ideas?

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
    Parameter name: inArray
    System.Convert.ToBase64String (System.Byte[] inArray) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Convert.cs:198)
    APlus.APResources.GetIconID (System.String assetPath, Boolean isAnimation) (at Assets/Plugins/APlus Assets Explorer/Scripts/Editor/Core/APResources.cs:710)
    APlus.APResources.GetCodeFile (System.String filePath) (at Assets/Plugins/APlus Assets Explorer/Scripts/Editor/Core/APResources.cs:162)
    APlus.APResources.GetCodeFiles () (at Assets/Plugins/APlus Assets Explorer/Scripts/Editor/Core/APResources.cs:147)
    APlus.APCache.LoadResourcesIntoCache (APAssetType type) (at Assets/Plugins/APlus Assets Explorer/Scripts/Editor/Cache.cs:530)
    APlus.APCache+<LoadDataIntoCacheCoroutine>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () (at Assets/Plugins/APlus Assets Explorer/Scripts/Editor/Cache.cs:91)

34. Baraff

Baraff

I also get this message when I run my scene now.

InvalidOperationException: This cannot be used during play mode, please use SceneManager.CreateNewScene() instead.
    UnityEditor.SceneManagement.EditorSceneManager.NewScene (NewSceneSetup setup) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorSceneManagerBindings.gen.cs:56)
    APlus.APCache+<LoadDataIntoCacheCoroutine>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () (at Assets/Plugins/APlus Assets Explorer/Scripts/Editor/Cache.cs:58)

UPDATE:
    Just updating the thread to say that Amlovey has fixed the above issues. Very quick response and much appreciated.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  35. Amlovey

Amlovey

Version 1.1.8 with export data to CSV file is available.

And i'm investigating the issue from Baraff. Baraff and me will disscus it via Email.

36. Mark_T

Mark_T

Is it possible save/create prefabs from a bunch of objects loaded in the scene. Or maybe all the objects loaded in a scene? Thanks

37. Amlovey

Amlovey

Hi @Mark_T, A+ has no creating Prefabs feature now.

38. Mark_T

Mark_T

Would it be hard to implement such a feature? I mean, instead of dragging the scene object one by one in the project tab, it would be a huge time saver to shift select all the scene object you want and mass save/create prefabs for all of them. Would it be possible?

39. Amlovey

Amlovey

@Mark_T, Unity has APIs which can get the selected Objects in the Scene, and aslo has creating Prefabs API. So It's possible and not very hard. Would you mind send me email with more detail for this featue? my email is amlovey@qq.com.

40. Cain974

Cain974

Hi,

Thanks for the tool it does a pretty good job!

I am using asset bundles to load all my prefabs, textures, materials etc and any asset used by a bundle is marked as "unused". Would it be possible to fix this?

Thanks

41. Amlovey

Amlovey

@Cain974 It's possible to get assets in AssetBundle via Unity, so the answer is Yes I think. But I need to think more about this to insteaf of just set the assets to Used state. I have created a TODO item for this one. If you don't mind, drop me an eamil with more detals would be great and appreciate.:)

42. Amlovey

Amlovey

@Cain974 the issue was fixed. It will be included in next release. I'm current working on some new features, the new the release will be submitted after they are done!

43. Amlovey

Amlovey

@Cain974 v1.1.9 with the AssetBundle fix is available on AssetStore now.

44. Amlovey

Amlovey

Version 2.0.1 is available on Asset Store

45. artysta

artysta

Using v2.0.1 with Unity Pro 5.5.0p4, all works fine and it has helped me lower my build size considerably.
    But when I have the plugin installed and rebuild my light maps (Im building to iOS) Unity crashes at the final stage.
    Reopening Unity, the light maps were actually created and all I had to do was to reconnect the lighting data to my Lightmaps tab in the Lighting module.
    Through experimentation I discovered that if I uninstall A+ plugin, all returns to normal and I can rebuild my light maps without crashing the editor.
    Im now unloading A+ unless I need it and no longer can keep it running. This isn't a big deal, but would like to pass along my experience.

46. Amlovey

Amlovey

@artysta Thanks for your time on A+. I will investigate the issue and fix it ASAP. Would you mind send me an email with more detail? Thank you.

47. artysta

artysta

I will, be happy to.

48. Amlovey

Amlovey

Thank you.

49. artysta

artysta

I tried emailing you but got a destination error - 550 Ip frequency limited.

50. Amlovey

Amlovey

Hi, artysta. What's your email address? I have made a fix for the issue. I want to send a New package to you.