Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

TextMesh Pro Version 1.5.1, 2.1.1 & 3.0.1 - Now Available! for Testing!

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Stephan_B, Oct 1, 2019.

1. ChaosResolution

ChaosResolution

That explains it. We were still using 2019.4.1. Thanks!

2. leedan_johnson

leedan_johnson

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  3. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

4. cuddlepunk

cuddlepunk

Sadly this issue is still occurring, and since I now require OnFocus - Select All to be deselected,

it appears the input field still implements an unclearable new line on submit — meaning all following submissions occur one line down in the input field. From some further testing, this appears to occur when setting the caret position to zero, mysteriously resulting in a new line

Update
    Found a temporary fix where I clear the input field on the following frame using
    TMP_InputField.text = string.Empty;
    TMP_InputField.restoreOriginalTextOnEscape = true;

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  5. Robotstarfish

Robotstarfish

Unity bug tracker reports this was fixed in 2018.4.28.1f however it is still happening with TextMeshPro fields.

6. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

I just looked it up and this appears to have been fixed in Unity 2018.4.29f1

7. justtime

justtime

Hi there! Can anyone please explain or link me to the manual, how each of these parameters affects the performance on mobile?

8. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Most of those have no impact on performance.

Is Scale Static should be used when the text object or parent scale will not change. This will improve performance on Mobile when you have lots of text objects (100s of text objects).

Extra Padding can have a marginal impact as it makes the geometry slightly larger but that would only be noticeable on super old mobile devices (if noticeable)

justtime likes this.
  9. vasanthbalaji

vasanthbalaji

@Stephan_B

Keyboard doesn't showup in unity 2019.4.14 version in Android 11(Google Pixel phone) , unity has mentioned that it has fixed in 2019.4.13 and texmeshpro inputfield doesn't show in 2019.4.14, Could you tell me is there any fix to resolve this. It works when I uncheck MobileInput option, but when I check the option hide mobile input keyboard doesn't showup

10. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

I would recommend creating a separate thread as this will make tracking of this issue easier for other users and for me to reference with the Android folks at Unity.

In this new thread, please let me know if the behavior is the same with the UI Input Field which I believe it will.
    I suspect this is an issue with Android 11 and not device specific.

Once I get the above information, I will again reach out to the Android folks at Unity to figure out what's up with this.

11. neval_tulluk

neval_tulluk

I am using verison 15.3. After I reset a font with dynamic atlas, multiple atlasses enabled, only the first atlas is being resetted and other atlasses remains the same, TMP adds more atlasses every time i run unity to test.

12. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

When you reset the font asset, do you have text objects in the scene that use this font asset? If so, these text objects and whatever characters they are using would end up right back into the font asset.

Does this behavior happen with all font assets or just one?

How can I reproduce this behavior?

13. neval_tulluk

neval_tulluk

when i reset the font asset i have no text on the scene, and there seem to be like duplicate characters on the atlasses. This happens to only one asset.
    tmp.png

14. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Can you export this font asset and provide it to me?

Make sure the export includes the font file.