Search Unity

Verifying Analytics Events in Real Time

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by NicL335, Jan 27, 2020.

1. NicL335

NicL335

Hi All,

Given the Validator has been removed and the analytics dashboard takes hours (!?) to update, is there a way of displaying analytics event data being sent from the editor in real-time? Not just a true/false on AnalyticsEvent.Ok but the actual data packet?

Some debug mode or something so I can at least see what's going on in the console?

This is required!

Thanks,
    Nic

fcodiaz8 and JjSilva like this.
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Attached Files:

3. NicL335

NicL335

ok - but this seems like a sledgehammer-on-a-nut solution.

I don't want to see all the data, just the analytics events so I can test integration. Like what was in the validator.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Charles Proxy is very handy, I would suggest that you give it a try. Yes, it's a bit more verbose, but you can limit your view to the the Analytics events only. We are working on a solution longer term, but it won't be ready until likely later this year. The Validator included legacy code that was difficult to support and often caused customer concerns due to frequent delays. In the future we will try to give more notice. If you are using Analytics.CustomEvent, you can use Debug.Log and write the output of the result code which is of type AnalyticsResult and should return OK for a successful call.

5. NicL335

NicL335

Don't seem to have many options here, so I will try it.

What's the exact lag for data flowing to the Analytics Dashboard? Even bringing this down to something reasonable, under 30 mins would be a major step forward. Any chance of that happening?

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

It takes our system 8-16 hours to process new events currently, we are hoping to improve on this.

7. bruceweir1

bruceweir1

8-16 Hours! It might be handy to mention this in the documentation as I have spent some time trying to get it to work without realising that.

dri_richard and jcbadboy like this.
  8. ovirta

ovirta

Are there any updates to the processing times or are we still facing 8-16h?

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We are testing a release now that provides about 2 hours processing time! It should be ready in a couple of months, hopefully

ovirta likes this.
  10. ovirta

ovirta

@JeffDUnity3D Nice to hear.

Took a while to find the API KEY that is still referenced in Unity documentation. Key has changed location and naming and can now be found from Analytics section with Project Secret Key name.

upload_2021-4-15_10-14-45.png
    Perhaps I missed some documentation but if not please update API documentation on this. (Your advertising is using api key which was bit confusing).

JeffDUnity3D likes this.