Search Unity

Vehicle controller without suspension

Discussion in 'Physics' started by AkselSky, Oct 15, 2019.

1. AkselSky

AkselSky

Hi guys!
    I'm working on simple kart style vehicle controller, all good so far but one thing triggering me a lot.
    Well know fact that kart does not have any suspension although unity wheel collider obligate you to have it.
    Even if you make all important values equal to 0 the gameobject become bouncy and pretty unstable at the any type of surfaces.
    My question is - are there any trick of simulating "tire suspension" (absorbetion of forces by tire rubber, like in real world kart) or at least please tell me in what direction should I look.
    Thank you all) <3

2. Edy

Edy

You need to configure the suspension in WheelColliders, in any case. Think on it as the suspension provided by the tire itself.

If the wheel position hits the suspension limit, weird effects will surely happen. This is by design in PhysX wheels. Ensure the suspension is configured so the wheel can bounce freely within the given suspension distance.

AkselSky likes this.
  3. AkselSky

AkselSky

4. Edy

Edy

Yes, but MaxCompr and MaxDroop are exposed together as Target Position in the Unity WheelCollider.

AkselSky likes this.