Search Unity

Official Vector Graphics Preview Package

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by rustum, May 4, 2018.

1. OrderOfOut

OrderOfOut

Oh, weird. Are there any more thorough tutorials on how to draw with the shape class from scratch, procedurally? I remember seeing a little bit of it, but many of the examples for 2.0.0 still seem to use IDrawable. Overall, I want to make something similar to the AS3 / javascript canvas graphics class.

2. mcoted3d

mcoted3d

Unity Technologies

Correct, it seems the documentation hasn't been updated, thanks for reporting.

There aren't many examples available, but overall, you want to add Shape objects to the SceneNode's list of shapes. A Shape is defined by a BezierContour. There are some utilities to simplify the BezierContour creations, such as MakeCircleShape, etc.:

https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c...y_VectorGraphics_Shape_Vector2_System_Single_

OrderOfOut likes this.
  3. OrderOfOut

OrderOfOut

Cool, that helped. One thing I'm stuck on -- I see some circle and rectangle examples about how to add them to a scene, which works fine, but lines seem to work differently; MakeLine doesn't use a shape like the others. So I made Bezier contours out of what it returned, then added them to a new shape. But I see nothing, even when I add on:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. shape.PathProps = new PathProperties()
    2.         {
    3.             Stroke = new Stroke() { Color = m_LineColor }
    4.         };
    Do Bezier Contours not use the stroke property? m_LineColor is (0,1,0), so I should be seeing green....

EDIT: Okay, so using a fill instead of a stroke seems to draw the lines, oddly. Is that the way? </Mando>

4. mcoted3d

mcoted3d

Unity Technologies

It should work if your stroke has a thickness. Look at the HalfThickness property.

5. awsapps

awsapps

Hi @mcoted3d , I'm trying to import an UI SVG with a linear gradient made in Inkscape, but it isn't displayed...
    Is there some workaround? Thanks! (I'm using vector graphics 2.0.0-preview.18 )

6. mcoted3d

mcoted3d

Unity Technologies

For gradients to work in UI you have to configure the Canvas to have "TexCoord2" enabled for the "Additional Vertex Channels" setting. Let me know if this wasn't the problem.

awsapps likes this.
  7. awsapps

awsapps

Works perfectly, Thank you so much!

8. SamuelIH

SamuelIH

In my current project, I’m getting SVGs from the artists and importing them as textured sprites to provide more resolution flexibility inside unity. This works but the vector renderer has serious issues rendering semitransparent whites onto the sprites. For example, this SVG:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. <svg width="128" height="128" version="1.1" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
    2.   <defs>
    3.       <linearGradient id="Gradient2" x1="0" x2="0" y1="0" y2="1">
    4.         <stop offset="0%" stop-color="white"/>
    5.         <stop offset="100%" stop-color="white" stop-opacity="0"/>
    6.       </linearGradient>
    7.   </defs>
    8.   <rect x="0" y="0" width="128" height="128" fill="url(#Gradient2)"/>
    9. </svg>
    Produces the right side of this comparison:
    uiComparison.png
    Notice the dark area? That’s because the vector graphics shader’s alpha is premultiplied.

By no means do I really know what I’m doing, but I was able to 'fix' it by editing VectorSprite.cs:RenderSpriteToTexture2D(…) and correcting the alpha between
    copy.ReadPixels
    and
    copy.Apply()
    :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. var pixels = copy.GetPixels();
    2. for (int i = 0; i<pixels.Length; i++) {
    3.     var c = pixels[i];
    4.     if (c.a == 0) {
    5.         continue;
    6.     }
    7.     // if premultiplied colors (p) = c * a
    8.     // then c = p / a
    9.     c.r = c.r / c.a;
    10.     c.g = c.g / c.a;
    11.     c.b = c.b / c.a;
    12.     pixels[i] = c;
    13. }
    14. copy.SetPixels(pixels);
    After this, I needed to do a complete reimport of all my SVGs.

Hopefully, this issue can get some attention from the dev team, because in the future I’d rather not commit the entire vector graphics package to git for one small fix.

(Version 2.0.0-preview.18)

9. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

I would highly recommend that if you believe there's an issue, by far the best way to report it is via the bug reporter!

There's no guarantee that a forum post will be seen by the relevant person and even if they do, it's not a reminder or record in of itself.

I'm sure the dev(s) in question would value a bug report so thank you on their behalf! :)

10. mcoted3d

mcoted3d

Unity Technologies

That could be a problem in your particular project, but as far as I can tell, the default sprite shader uses additive blending which expects premultiplied alpha.

Similar issues could be caused by the colorspace of the project as well (gamma/linear).

It would be nice to submit a bug report with a repro project so that we make sure to fix the right issue. Thanks!

11. SamuelIH

SamuelIH

Bug report with repro project submitted. I wasn't aware I could submit package bugs through the standard 'report bug' menu, thanks for the tip!

It's a fresh project using the standard pipeline and I observed the same issues with gamma and linear color spaces.
    'expects premultiplied alpha' This example used the default Unity UI shader, which does use premultiplied blending.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Blend One OneMinusSrcAlpha
    2. ...
    3. fixed4 frag(v2f IN) : SV_Target {
    4. ...
    5.   color.rgb *= color.a;
    6. }
    7. ...
    I suspect the issue is that when the SVG is converted into a Texture2D that
    color.rgb *= color.a
    step is also being done, causing it to be done a total of two times: Once in the VectorGradient shader (pre-build) and then once at runtime as part of the ui shader.

12. Grelle

Grelle

Hello! I very need an consultation.
    Out team supports many android devices for out projects, and some of these are old and have problem: its doesn't display semipransparent vector sprites. I mean, when you change transparency in SpriteRenderer component.
    In Editor (and new devices) its look like on gif.
    On some old devices it look like static images with alpha=1.
    Device is Samsung Galaxy Tab A8. (Also it was some iOS device some time ago; but may be we doesnt support it anemore, I will receive full info about it later).
    Please, tell me why it works like this? Does shader can be fixed for such old devices? (we use Vector Unlit)

Attached Files:

13. leviathanslop3

leviathanslop3

Hi there!
    First of all, I'm really enjoying this package. It's been very useful for my workplace program as we use a lot of SVGs.
    I had a question about recoloring aspects of the SVG. I know it's possible through getting the IDs of the SVG code, but is it possible to change SVG colors through css classes. As in, in our SVGs have styles in the code and the colors are tied to the classes. So is there a way to change colors through classes or is it only able to be done through

14. Neilsonnn

Neilsonnn

looking for a little help from the team - I am loading .svg files from the web, feeding those byte arrays at runtime through the importer to get a Sprite and then later convert the Sprite to a Texture2D.

This works in Editor but not WebGL or Standalone.

The culprit seems to be at the very end of the process. After the sprite is successfully generated (it has a texture and can be displayed on a SpriteRenderer), I try to use the RenderSpriteToTexture2D function but end up getting a null value. It is hard to trace the nature of the error in WebGL but maybe the team has an idea.

tex = VectorUtils.RenderSpriteToTexture2D(sprite, textureWidth, textureHeight, mat, SampleCount, expandEdges);

Any help is appreciated.

Unity 2021.1.21f1
    VectorGraphics Version 2.0.0-preview.18

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  15. BinaryZERO

BinaryZERO

Hi there! I am failing to access to the pixel height (or unit height calculated with Pixels Per Unit) of my SVG asset, so I could calculate a custom pivot point to vertically set 60px above the bottom in my AssetPostprocessor.OnPreprocessTexture. Did anyone tried and succeed to do something
    similar?
    Code (CSharp):
    2.         void OnPreprocessAsset()
    3.         {
    4.             if (assetImporter.importSettingsMissing)
    5.             {
    6.                 if (assetPath.EndsWith(".svg"))
    7.                     OnPreprocessSprite_SVG();
    8.             }
    9.         }
    11.         void OnPreprocessSprite_SVG()
    12.         {
    13.             SVGImporter importer = (SVGImporter)assetImporter;
    15.             importer.SvgType = SVGType.VectorSprite;
    16.             //...
    17.             importer.Alignment = VectorUtils.Alignment.Custom;
    18.             var image = AssetDatabase.LoadAssetAtPath<Texture>(assetPath);
    19.             var height = image.height;
    20.             importer.CustomPivot = new Vector2(0.5f, 60f / height);
    21.             //...
    22.         }
    Any help is appreciated.

My Unity Version is 2020.3.17f1
    Vector Graphics Version is 2.0.0-preview.18

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
  16. Grelle

Grelle

Hm, I finally finded answer.
    I through problem was with alpha, and searching gave me nothing.
    But problem is in whole Color property in SpriteRenderer - coloring didn't work at all on this devices.
    So in was answered before in this theme - it is GPU Instancing, which is not work on some old devices. It is not supported by hardware.

I tried to do shader, which multiply Vertex Color with custom Color. It works on old devices. I'm sure that I didn't consider all minuses of this (I am nubie in shaders), but it works.

May be someone find this info useful.

EvOne likes this.
  17. SavedByZero

SavedByZero

Are there clear examples of how to use BezierSegment anywhere? The Unity documentation lacks any examples of any kind, and all I can find are examples for BezierPathSegment. My issue is that Contours don't seem to accept BezierSegments....

18. mcoted3d

mcoted3d

Unity Technologies

BezierPathSegments are usually preferred because they guarantee that the bezier elements are properly connected. This is why BezierPathSegments are used most often.

There are utility methods to convert a BezierSegment, or an array of BezierSegments into a BezierPathSegment:

VectorUtils.BezierSegmentToPath
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c...entToPath_Unity_VectorGraphics_BezierSegment_

VectorUtils.BezierSegmentsToPath

https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c...sToPath_Unity_VectorGraphics_BezierSegment___

SavedByZero likes this.
  19. SavedByZero

SavedByZero

Is this a mistake? I'm seeing this in the 2.0.0 documentation ('new GradientFillStop() when it should be new GradientStop()):
    Code (CSharp):
    1. var fill = new GradientFill() {
    2.     Type = GradientFillType.Linear,
    3.     Stops = new GradientFillStop[] {
    4.         new GradientFillStop() { Color = Color.blue, StopPercentage = 0.0f },
    5.         new GradientFillStop() { Color = Color.red, StopPercentage = 0.5f },
    6.         new GradientFillStop() { Color = Color.yellow, StopPercentage = 1.0f }
    7.     }
    8. };
    Either way, my .4 unit sized stroke (roughly 40 pixels) is coming out solid white, no matter what fill gradient I apply to it (even if I change that to be all black) -- any reason? (the documentation *says* you can apply a fill to a stroke...)

EDIT: Linking back to earlier possible solution:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/vector-graphics-preview-package.529845/page-19#post-5738677

Last edited: May 3, 2022
  20. SavedByZero

SavedByZero

This one I'm less likely to self-solve and don't see anything in this thread quite like it, so: why is it that when I try to load a predefined png / texture for the material I use for my stroke, the stroke only shows one color at a time from the texture instead of the full pattern? I've got a fairly big stroke, between .4 and 2 units, so it should be able to encompass a simple 40px*40px four-color pattern with three shades of blue and one black line at the end...I'd think?

Is there a different way to do this? PatternFill has practically no documentation around it, and the properties don't seem to include a texture or material. The squares pattern in the example page with the "clipping" demonstration is just kind of there, with no specific code showing how it was made.

Last edited: May 4, 2022
  21. wedgiebee

wedgiebee

Is there currently/will there soon be a way to use this package with ShaderGraph (not counting using it to generate a TexturedSprite)?

There are 2 effects I'm trying to achieve:

1) Replacing a specific solid color with an object-space texture that can be changed at runtime. (For my sprite shader graph I'm using the ReplaceColor node)

2) A thick outline around the silhouette of the vector image. (For my sprite shader graph I'm doing the "make 8 duplicates and offset them" trick)

22. BinaryZERO

BinaryZERO

If anyone would require something similar, I guess I solved how to get the height and update the custom pivot during the import process in AssetPostprocessor.OnPreprocessAsset... My solution is a bit hacky but it is definitely working:

Code (CSharp):
    1.     void OnPreprocessAsset()
    2.     {
    3.         if (assetPath.EndsWith(".svg"))
    4.         {
    5.             SVGImporter importer = (SVGImporter)assetImporter;
    6.             if (importer != null && importer.importSettingsMissing)
    7.             {
    8.                 Debug.Log(string.Format("Importing SVG Asset '{0}'...", assetPath));
    9.                 importer.SvgType = SVGType.VectorSprite;
    10.                 importer.ViewportOptions = ViewportOptions.PreserveViewport;
    11.                 //...
    12.                 importer.Alignment = VectorUtils.Alignment.Custom;
    14.                 var svgContext = System.IO.File.ReadAllText(assetPath);
    15.                 var match = new System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex(@"(?<=height="")\d{1,4}(?=px"")").Match(svgContext);
    16.                 int height = 256;
    17.                 if (match.Success)
    18.                     int.TryParse(match.Value, out height);
    19.                 importer.CustomPivot = new Vector2(0.5f, 60f / height);
    20.                 Debug.Log(string.Format("...Height: {0}px...", height));
    21.             }
    22.         }
    23.     }

23. enhawk

enhawk

Any chance of Vector Graphics being bumped up from "experimental"?

I've not had any issues with Vector Graphics since Unity 2018 and it was a real head scratcher to enable in Unity 2020.3 ... wild goose chase to find the package.

Thanks as always for the sterling work, I use SVGs in all kinds of projects now, from VR to Pixel art games and everything inbetween.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
  24. jGate99

jGate99

Hi there,

Lets suppose I have SVG assets and i want to change colors in those assets to white so they become tintable (currently they are in black)
    so I was thinking there must be some api that let me process those svg files and save them back to white

please advise

25. Neilsonnn

Neilsonnn

Following up on this, can anyone on the team help explain why VectorUtils.RenderSpriteToTexture2D() returns null in Standalone and WebGL builds?

26. lGillot

lGillot

Hi every one.
    First of all, thank you for all the good infos i got from here.

Is there a way to generate a "textured Sprite" via script? At runtime or in editor. I'd like to force the width of all the strokes to stay consistent regardless of the scale of the gameobject.
    I managed to do it by generating a mesh only for the strokes but I wonder if i could do it another way.
    Anyway, i'm still interested in generating a textured sprite by script...

27. Elmstrom

Elmstrom

I want to raycast a UI SVG image, but only the non-transparent parts. If it was a normally UI image I would set GetComponent<Image>().alphaHitTestMinimumThreshold = 0.1f;
    How do I accomplish the same with UI SVG?

28. brunoma

brunoma

I seem to be having an issue with svg's that have "sub" svg's inside. They are valid and work fine in a browser. Does the vector package not support this? I've attached an example

Attached Files:

29. cmatias

cmatias

Hi there.
    Complete newbee question here:
    How can I access the SceneInfo property of an instance of a SVG file that was drag-dropped to the scene ? (making it a prefab instance)

I need to read the Scene Node "Children" list of this object from a script.

I start with the usual GameObject variable definition :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. [SerializeField]
    2. public GameObject mySVGGameObject;
    I drag/drop the scene instance of my imported SVG file object in the inspector to set the mySVGGameObject ,
    And then what ???... I'm lost.

I've been trying to define the object as an SVGImage or an SVGImporter, but can't drop my prefab on those fields.

I could import the svg file at runtime, but it is much more confortable for me to see it in the editor viewport.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    C. MATIAS

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
  30. brunoma

brunoma

What's the state of this anyways? Is there a team still working on this? Is anyone even looking at these forums? I heard there were a bunch of layoffs at Unity so it would be good to know if it has affected the development of some features

EvOne likes this.
  31. benoitd_unity

benoitd_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi folks, we wanted to share a long overdue update about the Vector Graphics package.

First of all, huge thanks to everyone who took the time to provide feedback, report issues and share their excitement with us. It has been super valuable for understanding how you’d use vector graphics in your projects, and how we could improve the feature set. As always it’s a great source of inspiration and motivation for us.

Unfortunately, we took the difficult decision to pause all development activities around the Vector Graphics package. Even though we see the value of providing scalable vector graphics, we decided to give priority to other projects, and hope to consider resuming development in the future.

Meanwhile, the package will remain available in its current Experimental state, to be used as is, or modified to your liking by embedding it in your project. I also want to highlight @mcoted3d’s dedication for continuously taking some of his spare time to follow up on this thread, and improving the package when he had a moment.

This thread will remain open for discussions and keeping in touch with you all, but I highly encourage you to use our official product roadmap to share feedback, vote on what is important to you, and stay informed on our development priorities.

Cheers,

enhawk and Thaina like this.
  32. Carpet_Head

Carpet_Head

Thank you very much for the update. I personally think that this package is very important to our workflow, so will be heading straight to the roadmap to vote on the issue - but I have no idea how much value it has for others

benoitd_unity and Aterion like this.
  33. kierenj

kierenj

Hi - I'd like to suggest a feature/bug fix for the package. I see above it's in theory not a priority, however checking the "needle-mirror" git mirror, I can see some updates recently (as recent as 3 days ago).

Basically, VectorSprite.RenderSprite looks to normalise all vertex coordinates - but if the destination aspect ratio is different than the scene - the output is stretched.

Is there a good place to make this request/recommendation, or to discuss other options @benoitd_unity ?

For reference, the fix for resizing and maintaining aspect ratio I have here -

https://github.com/needle-mirror/co...ter...kierenj:com.unity.vectorgraphics:master

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
  34. kierenj

kierenj

(I also have an SVG with radial gradient which fails to render correctly - fine in browsers but not here)

35. enhawk

enhawk

@mcoted3d @benoitd_unity Thanks for the vector graphics package. I actually published an App using this framework, yay! I hope you can keep it around for bit, but totally understand if you need to retire it.

Facemakr, iOS

https://apps.apple.com/app/facemakr/id365878157

Features scaling, rotating etc, recoloring, and lots of other fancy rendering, I think I used near every part of the API :D Well, if you want to see your hard work in an app that is mostly about the Vector Graphics package, please take a look!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    tosiabunio, Thaina and mcoted3d like this.
  36. Neilsonnn

Neilsonnn

Found the fix for those that want to do SVG import at realtime in builds. Import the shader VectorExpandEdges.shader into your Resources folder and then load it into the Texture2D RenderSpriteToTexture2D() function.

Else this function will return null.

KamilCSPS and Thaina like this.
  37. QuoVadisBLR

QuoVadisBLR

Hello.
    Gradient meshes are not supported in the importer?
    Inkscape:

Unity:

38. mcoted3d

mcoted3d

Unity Technologies

No, only linear and radial gradients.

QuoVadisBLR likes this.
  39. mcoted3d

mcoted3d

Unity Technologies

This should work. I was able to make it work with a MonoBehaviour attached to a GameObject which has a SpriteRenderer component.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.IO;
    2. using System.Collections;
    3. using System.Collections.Generic;
    4. using UnityEngine;
    5. using Unity.VectorGraphics;
    7. [RequireComponent(typeof(SpriteRenderer))]
    8. public class Loader : MonoBehaviour
    9. {
    10.     void Start()
    11.     {
    12.         string svgText = File.ReadAllText("Assets/rect.svg");
    13.         Debug.Log($"SVG: {svgText}");
    14.         SVGParser.SceneInfo sceneInfo;
    15.         using (var reader = new StringReader(svgText))
    16.         {
    17.             sceneInfo = SVGParser.ImportSVG(reader);
    18.         }
    19.         var vto = new VectorUtils.TessellationOptions()
    20.         {
    21.             StepDistance = 10f,
    22.             MaxCordDeviation = 0.5f,
    23.             MaxTanAngleDeviation = 0.1f,
    24.             SamplingStepSize = 0.01f
    25.         };
    26.         var geoms = VectorUtils.TessellateScene(sceneInfo.Scene, vto);
    27.         var sprite = VectorUtils.BuildSprite(geoms, 10.0f, VectorUtils.Alignment.Center, Vector2.zero, 128, true);
    28.         GetComponent<SpriteRenderer>().sprite = sprite;
    29.     }
    30. }
    In your example, make sure that every step works along the way: that you get a valid SVG string, that the sceneInfo isn't empty, etc.

40. mcoted3d

mcoted3d

Unity Technologies

Yes, but you'll have to use an SVG Image component instead of UI Image, which are designed for textured sprites.

squigglebucket likes this.
  41. tjh201

tjh201

Hi,

I have been using the vector graphics package to programmatically draw a 2D map view as an svg based on terrain and biome vector data. I am looking to add a border around it, but am struggling to get the dash stroke working. The effect I am looking for is this, equal sized dark and light dashes in a line: upload_2022-10-6_17-8-21.png

There is not much documentation around the stroke properties, when I try set a similar black and white dash pattern to 4px or 4 4, it comes out with a dash that varies in length like this:

upload_2022-10-6_17-16-42.png

Code to produce:
    dashedLine.PathProps.Stroke.Pattern = new float[] { 4 };

Can I get a bit more info on how to use the dash properties correctly?

Cheers!

42. geo_p

geo_p

Hello guys! I love working with this package and am very sad it's no longer in active development.

I just thought I'd share a fix I made in the VectorUtils class in case anyone encounters the same problem as me.

Basically in trying to obtain the bounding box of a shape using the Bounds function (and consequently SceneNodeBounds function), the bounds of curved beziers are not properly considered.

This is because there is a typo in the SolveQuadratic function:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. static void SolveQuadratic(float a, float b, float c, out float s1, out float s2)
    2. {
    3.     float det = b * b - 4.0f * a * c;
    4.     if (det < 0.0f)
    5.     {
    6.         s1 = s2 = float.NaN;
    7.         return;
    8.     }
    10.     float detSqrt = Mathf.Sqrt(det);
    11.     s1 = (-b + detSqrt) / 2.0f * a; // typo - denominator needs brackets
    12.     if (Mathf.Abs(a) > float.Epsilon)
    13.         s2 = (-b - detSqrt) / 2.0f * a; // typo - denominator needs brackets
    14.     else s2 = float.NaN;
    15. }
    If you update the final section to add brackets as below, the bounds function will include bezier curves correctly:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     float detSqrt = Mathf.Sqrt(det);
    2.     s1 = (-b + detSqrt) / (2.0f * a);
    3.     if (Mathf.Abs(a) > float.Epsilon)
    4.         s2 = (-b - detSqrt) / (2.0f * a);
    5.     else s2 = float.NaN;
    Hope this helps someone :)

squigglebucket and EvOne like this.
  43. mcoted3d

mcoted3d

Unity Technologies

I think you got it right, but 4 might be too small and seems to cause a weird moire pattern. I would play around with larger values (20+) and see how it goes.

44. mcoted3d

mcoted3d

Unity Technologies

Thank you! I'll try to get that fixed in the next release.

geo_p, squigglebucket and jGate99 like this.
  45. squigglebucket

squigglebucket

Anyone know why I'm having trouble changing some SVGImporter settings with an Editor script?

Code (CSharp):
    1.         string filepath = OutputFolderPath + "/" + fileName + ".svg";
    3.         System.IO.File.WriteAllText(filepath, text);
    5.         AssetDatabase.Refresh();
    7.         SVGImporter importer            = (SVGImporter)AssetImporter.GetAtPath(filepath);
    9.         Debug.Log(importer);
    11.         importer.ViewportOptions        = Unity.VectorGraphics.ViewportOptions.PreserveViewport;
    12.         importer.GeneratePhysicsShape   = true;
    13.         importer.AdvancedMode           = true;
    14.         importer.StepDistance           = 1f;
    16.         importer.SaveAndReimport();
    It creates my SVG files and grabs the importer without issue, but when I set importer settings they aren't saved properly.

If I call importer.SaveAndReimport(); like I'm doing in the code above, it just resets the importer to the default options. If I don't call SaveAndReimport it will actually save the changes to the importer's inspector view, but they aren't actually applied when I add the svg to scenes.

Not sure if it's something up with the SVGImporter or if I'm just using it incorrectly. Can't seem to find much on changing AssetImporter settings in the general API Documentation, and definitely nothing in the Vector Graphics package documentation.

46. mcoted3d

mcoted3d

Unity Technologies

It seems the importer isn't marked as "dirty", so the SaveAndReimport doesn't do anything. It may be a bug on the SVGImporter, but you can fix it on your side by calling
    EditorUtility.SetDirty(importer);
    just before the
    SaveAndReimport()
    call.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: You may get issues with the editor asking you if you want to save the settings after clicking on the asset. If so, you may want to give a try with the OnPreprocessAsset callback:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/AssetPostprocessor.OnPreprocessAsset.html

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
    EvOne likes this.
  47. squigglebucket

squigglebucket

The .SetDirty call did the trick. Thank you!

48. squigglebucket

squigglebucket

Is there a setting on an SVGImage that mimics the normal Image's alphaHitTestMinimumThreshold property?

I just need to register clicks on vector graphics, and I am currently using PolygonCollider2Ds. It's a pain though because the physics shapes generated are.... bad for vector graphics so I"m spending a lot of time manually creating the colliders

I would love to just use UI elements and the "Maintain Viewport" option to accurately place elements on import, but I can't figure out a way to accurately get an "OnClick" on them as UI elements.

49. Deibu

Deibu

Is there any ETA on when text elements will be supported?

JamesArndt likes this.
  50. Bliggfang

Bliggfang

My whole project builds on the Vector Graphics Package. So far the package is doing a great job and I'm very glad it exists! :)
    But now I encounter a big problem! I am creating procedurally generated (celestial) objects for a space exploration game. I have already been able to optimize the creation process very well. But now there is a fatal bottleneck that I don't know how to avoid. The TessellateScene() function!
    My procedurally generated objects are just simple Shapes, each with a single triangle (BezierContour with 3 BezierPathSegments) and a Fill. From just a few hundred of these triangle shapes, the tessellation takes so long that significant frame drops (>100 ms) occur.
    One possibility would be to outsource the tessellation to a job or a parallel async/await task. This works quite well, but unfortunately cannot be used in a WebGL application (which the project is designed for).
    So my question: is there any other option to speed up the tessellation or some kind of workaround like maybe I can split the tessellation into multiple frames or something else? I would be VERY GRATEFUL for any help! :rolleyes:

tosiabunio likes this.