Search Unity

Bug Variables of Animator State not Showing in Inspector (2020.3.31f1)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Seerfree, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Seerfree

Seerfree

This bug showed up seemingly randomly today. I'm using version 2020.3.31f1.
    All of my Animator States are not showing their variables - I can see what looks like a hint of a variable input field at the top, but it's almost like it's covered by a grey box. When I hover my cursor down through the empty box, the icon will change to indicate that it's hovering over an input field, but I can't see anything.

I tried duplicating the new states and they appeared normal again, but a few minutes later the duplicated states broke too. I've also tried restarting Unity, restarting my PC, and resetting all Window layouts (no luck).

I've heard of a bug where the entire inspector window was blank due to m_ObjectHideFlags needing to be changed from 3 to 1, but my bug is different; m_ObjectHideFlags is already set to 1 in every case, and the inspector isn't completely blank, I can still see the name of the State. I've attached a screenshot below.

Does anyone know any fixes for this issue? I can't work on my project now and I really need to make progress on it for college.

UnityAnimatorGlitch.PNG

2. GM_O

GM_O

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022