Search Unity

Vapor: Volumetric Scattering [Open Source]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by pvloon, Oct 17, 2017.

1. pvloon

pvloon

Last year I developed Vapor, a volumetric Fog system for Unity to add atmospheric lighting. It was developed originally for in-house use, then meant as an asset store asset, but ultimately shelved. That would have been a waste however, so now I have released it open source MIT!

More information can be found on the GitHub

Get Vapor on GitHub

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

If you have any issues or would like to contribute please raise github issues / pull requests!

-Arthur

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    Adam-Bailey, Alverik, Flurgle and 6 others like this.
  2. Alverik

Alverik

Hi, I have errors in the Vapor Standard shader file in a project I'm working on:

To be clear, I have been testing Vapor in a separate clean project and it's awesome, I love it, but as soon as I put it in the project I'm working on it started throwing these errors (and it looks weird in Playmode). I'm not sure why it's talking about duplicates... does Vapor clash with Alloy? (I do have just started using Alloy in that specific project). I'll try to test some later, but it's kinda late here right now.

Anyway, any advice will be greatly appreciated, I'm really looking forward to using Vapor in my projects from now on (starting with this project).

Edit: Ah, since you advice it on your post, I'll create an issue in github.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  3. dan_wipf

dan_wipf

05CD486B-4BF2-4B23-8FBC-728664EE64C6.png hey, i’ve got this issue on vapor with the standard shader(vapor), i’m on unity 2018.3.5f1

what can i do, to solve this issue?

4. dibdab

dibdab

tried to use it in 5.6 and 2017.4

not part of the C# 4.0 language specification
    vapor.jpg

changed to 4.6
    Edit->Project Settings->Player->Other Settings->Configuration->Scripting Runtime Version

but still these two remain
    vapor2.jpg

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  5. dan_wipf

dan_wipf

try to add using Linq; at the top..

=> operator is used fpr lambda expressions and requires linq

6. dibdab

dibdab

unfortunately didn't help [Vapor.cs, 2017.4]

tried
    using Linq;
    and
    using System.Linq;

7. dan_wipf

dan_wipf

could not reposuce this issue.. on 2018.3 it’s working fine exept the shader where you need to change texcoord7 to texcoord8

8. pvloon

pvloon

Are you on the latest Vapor version from the github @dibdab ? It was tested on 2018.4. Versions below that are not supported

9. fabricadegame

fabricadegame

Tutorial import Vapor for uniyt?

10. Cinabutts

Cinabutts

this still a thing? can i add to a unity 2020.1+ project and have no major issues? Or as said above is the entire asset "shelved"? keep the community informed my guy

11. pvloon

pvloon

Don't owe you my guy!

I haven't tested it on 2020.1 - the asset is more or less shelved. I expect it to be reasonably on par with 2018.4 though.

12. juneskiafc

juneskiafc

Just wondering, have you tested this on OpenGL ES 3.0? I'm on Unity 2018.4 and trying to get this to work with the Oculus Quest. It doesn't seem to work - when I build and run I just see a black screen.