Search Unity

Validatox: no more broken builds!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by tratteo, Feb 1, 2023.

?

How much time do you waste on missing references and broken builds?

1. Never happened to me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Quite a bit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yeah I know the pain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Way too much time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Omg can't even count it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. *Angry noises*

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. tratteo

tratteo

Validatox is a lightweight tool that allows for reference and assets validation and fixing
    validatox_logo_nobg512.png

Asset Store link: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/validatox-227592

Why Validatox?
    MonoBehaviour and ScriptableObjects missing references can be very difficult to spot. Objects with broken references can cause crashes and execeptions. Moreover, broken references are easy to spot only when the functionality they refer to is tested.
    In a situation in which a specific object with a broken reference is not tested, the problem can go unnoticed. This highly increase the probability of building/shipping a game with some severe problems embedded in it.

What can Validatox do?
    Validatox is able to validate missing references in the whole project and more, allowing the developer to focus on important stuff.
    Integrating with any custom build pipeline, it is possible to make sure no broken builds are shipped.
    The power of Validatox is unleashed thanks to the usage of its API: a set of tools and constructs that allows everyone to build customized validation and fixing logic of any kind.
    The new Validatox will already implement the most common fixes, such as adding or removing a component, renaming an object and more!

How do I learn the Validatox API?
    The wiki is constantly growing and on the YouTube channel it is possible to find a very useful video explaining the basic concepts: video wiki.

I have developed Validatox when working on my game. As soon as I realized its power, I decided to make it worth its creation by implementing a more complete API and publishing it in the Asset Store.

I really hope it can speed up your development iterations and save you a lot of headache due to hours of scraping for missing references and other errors, preventing broken builds.

Cheers!
    unity_banner.png

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
    CodeSmile likes this.
  2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

This sounds like a really useful tool!
    You do want to add a link to the asset store product page though. ;)

tratteo likes this.