Search Unity

Validator Outage/Problems?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Duffking, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Duffking

Duffking

I'm having issues getting my heatmap events to show up in the validator today. I've used charles proxy and I can see that the events are definitely being sent (see attached image for an excerpt from the request).

However, the events either don't show up in the validator or do (occasionally) show up roughly half an hour later. I've been having appStart events show up inconsistently this morning as well, often despite clearing the validator I'd suddenly start seeing appStart events showing up from yesterday.

Are there issues with the validator right now or is something else going on? I'm trying to generate data for testing out heatmaps but it's difficult to do so at the moment. I'm also not seeing the events on the livestream, the only consistent eveidence for them being sent is that I'm always hitting the breakpoint where it sends and Charles Proxy can see the packet.

Attached Files:

2. Duffking

Duffking

Actually, what seems to be happening in Charles is after clicking play, I'll see the last 30 or so events come through from the previous play, but nothing else. So sending a heatmap event every second, I'll see 90 seconds, 89, 88 all the way back to 70, but nothing more. Nothing at all in the validator though.

3. Duffking

Duffking

Ok, so I can see my heatmap events coming through on the livestream, but only about 1/3 of them. Every minute it updates, but only 20 more come through when it should be 60 a minute. Still nothing in the validator, Charles seems to pick up events correctly but obviously batches them every minute.

Edit: Also put a test custom event in and that doesn't seem to send at all. Even if I use Analytics.FlushEvents.

More Edit: Loaded an old test project and that sends metrics/heatmap events just fine. Copied the script I used in that project to this one, and it just doesn't work. I've no idea what's going on.

Additionally, if I turn off heatmaps in the analytics settings and try to re-enable it, it says "activation error", but if I refresh the page, heatmaps are enabled?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  4. Duffking

Duffking

Loaded the project on a colleague's machine and it works fine there as well. So it's just this project that doesn't work, and only on this machine?

5. xnagol

xnagol

Hi there, I am also having trouble with the Validator in the Unity Editor & the Validator on the Event Manager tab in my analytics dashboard. It seems that no events are showing up even when my simple Analytics.CustomEvent("test") returns "Ok" in a Debug.Log statement.

6. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@Duffking,

It sounds like Heatmaps may not be properly enabled for your project, possibly related to the "Activation Error" you mentioned. Would you open a support ticket and make sure to include your project ID:
    https://analytics.cloud.unity3d.com/support/

@xnagol,

We are currently having some intermittent delays in the Validator. It is likely that you have integrated Analytics correctly and once the issue is resolved, you will see data correctly in your dashboard. There is a troubleshooting guide with some more details and some alternate methods of confirming your Analytics events are sending:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/tro...-data-processing-no-data-in-validator.517488/

7. Duffking

Duffking

Hi, sorry for the delay. Only just got back on to looking at this. I think something may have been interfering with analytics on my end as I found that disabling the Origin Web Helper Service made my analytics start sending again, strangely. However while I'm now seeing events in the validator as expected, pulling custom data doesn't seem to give me anything in the Raw Data inspector, it just says "no Data"?

Edit: nevermind, I'm an idiot and hadn't changed the start/end date to 2018...