Search Unity

Bug "validation failed"

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by laurentlavigne, Oct 19, 2022.

1. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

upload_2022-10-18_19-1-15.png

zero actionable error message

2. adamgolden

adamgolden

errors.png

No matter how many times I hit retry, fails. Have seen this with other versions as well and the specific modules aren't always the same ones. Hopefully resolved soon, being the significant issue it is (to understate).

3. adamgolden

adamgolden

I did find a functional workaround (although it's only usable if having the same issue as me - not if it's the Editor part that fails). First just give up / close Hub regardless of the failures and then restart the computer (..which might be unnecessary, but that's what I did), then open Hub again and Downloads tab is empty and Installs tab shows that the version is installed (with no indication there was any errors). Then, click Add Modules for the editor version that failed and manually select the missing ones (i.e. the ones that failed during initial installation) and install. Worked!
    restart_then_add_modules_works.png

Before figuring out the above, I tried installing an older version (11f1) that previously had installed fine on the laptop I had before this one - although 12f1 was failing to install on that laptop as well in the same way. The same issue happened now with 11f1 as with 17f1, but with a different pair of modules.
    errors2.png

A few things that might help Unity devs narrow down the search for what's wrong. This has happened in Windows 10 and Windows 11, but I don't recall it happening prior to around the time 12f1 was released, so maybe an update to the Hub was released around the same time which introduced this? The drive is an internal SSD and the editors path is set to alphanumeric with no spaces (D:\wamp64\www\unity\editors). The system language (on Windows 11 in this case) is set to "English (United States)" for everything with no others installed.

laurentlavigne likes this.