Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Validating built project's analytics

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by fo_s, Mar 4, 2015.

1. fo_s

fo_s

I have prepared my game for deployment onto an iPad, and when I install it from there and run the application, I do not see anything in https://analytics.cloud.unity3d.com/integration/{my-project-id} in the validation section. Is this expected?

If I run the same project through xCode, I can see the data almost immediately. Do I need to change anything in the xCode project's release settings?

2. fo_s

fo_s

Doing this made them appear in the validation section:

UnityEngineCloudiOS.mm line 143
    changed to:
    Code (csharp):
    1. return [UnityEngineCloudUtil makeStringCopy:@"dev_release"];
    I am wondering whether this will have any negative side effects or not, and would be grateful to understand what was the real effect of the code change if possible :)

3. kentunity

kentunity

Unity Technologies

Hi @fo_s,
    Our event validator in the integration page only shows events sent from the Unity Editor or iOS apps that were installed using Xcode or apps ran on the Simulator.
    Also, please do not change anything in the .mm file.
    The change you're proposing will affect the data you will see on your dashboard, specifically, our backend will think that your events are all from Test Devices even though they're not.

4. fo_s

fo_s

Hi @kentunity,

Thank you for the information, we have reverted the changes, and will be observing the dashboard for the information :)

I'm aware that in the future we will hopefully be able to have access to a raw data API, but for now is there a place to check if data is being received from non-test devices? Even a simple 'received events count' would be very helpful in our case.

Apart from this, I really loved how easy it was to set up and test and get it running, great work!

5. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

Not at present, I'm afraid. What you're asking for, essentially, is real-time event logging. As you're aware, we have this for test devices, but it's a much bigger deal to release this for live products. As I always say at moments like this, letting us know that you want it is a big deal, since we keep track of user requests, and will use them to inform our priorities.