Search Unity

v4.0.3 Error when opening probuilderized prefab.

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Gua, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Gua

Gua

I've updated project from 3.0.9. Not I get error when I open prefab with probuilderized model.

Here how it looks/

It doesn't happen with all models, but it does happen with most models.

1. Drag model into a scene.
    2. Probuilderized it.
    3. Created original prefab from probuilderized model.
    4. Open this prefab in prefab edit mode.
    5. Get this error.

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    UnityEngine.ProBuilder.Normals.CalculateNormals (UnityEngine.ProBuilder.ProBuilderMesh mesh) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.probuilder@4.0.3/Runtime/Core/Normals.cs:194)
    UnityEngine.ProBuilder.ProBuilderMesh.RefreshNormals () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.probuilder@4.0.3/Runtime/Core/ProBuilderMeshFunction.cs:483)
    UnityEngine.ProBuilder.ProBuilderMesh.Refresh (UnityEngine.ProBuilder.RefreshMask mask) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.probuilder@4.0.3/Runtime/Core/ProBuilderMeshFunction.cs:316)
    UnityEngine.ProBuilder.ProBuilderMesh.Rebuild () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.probuilder@4.0.3/Runtime/Core/ProBuilderMeshFunction.cs:200)
    UnityEngine.ProBuilder.ProBuilderMesh.Awake () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.probuilder@4.0.3/Runtime/Core/ProBuilderMeshFunction.cs:51)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallGlobalEventHandler()

For now I'll get back to 3.0.9. So I won't be able to assist with the issue. I've attached model from the video.

Attached Files:

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Thanks very much for the bench model, that helped me repro this and find the issue + temporary workaround. If you disable "Import Smoothing" in the ProBuilderize settings, it will work correctly. Looks like we have a bug there, it's possible this model has some complex smoothing going on, but we should be able to handle that. Will look into, meanwhile give that workaround a shot and let me know? Thanks!

3. Skjalg

Skjalg

I am getting the same error in a lot of different objects. Have you gotten around to fixing it?

4. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

No fix yet, but perhaps next week, doing a full week focused on mostly PB bugs, should have a major update shortly after :)

Skjalg likes this.