Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We have updated the language to the Editor Terms based on feedback from our employees and community. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

v4.0.2 Strange Behavior Merge Objects

Discussion in 'World Building' started by The_Nerd_Sherpa, Jan 22, 2019.

1. The_Nerd_Sherpa

The_Nerd_Sherpa

When merging multiple objects, the new center created for the object is being created at World Location 0,0,0

I tried changing the Pivot Location between "Center" and "First Vertex". In both cases when I merged objects, the new object pivot point was at World location 0,0,0

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Thanks! I didn't catch that one either. Shame! Should be a quick fix.

3. The_Nerd_Sherpa

The_Nerd_Sherpa

Just wanted to make sure that you're aware, the new merged objects pivot point is still showing up at World Location 0,0,0 in 4.0.3

4. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Yes, PB403 was a quick fix mainly for the load time spike issue, we're still working toward fixes on the other items. Sorry!

5. The_Nerd_Sherpa

The_Nerd_Sherpa

fyi... PBv4.0.4 still not working

Has anyone found a workaround for this? I merge objects all the time and move them around.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  6. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! I'm using 4.0.4 here and can't repro, works fine every time - anything special perhaps? Here is my simple test:

1. Create two cubes
    2. Merge them

7. The_Nerd_Sherpa

The_Nerd_Sherpa

Works! I had to create a new project though. Not sure what's going on with my old project, but no big loss.
    Thanks for the help with this!

gabrielw_unity likes this.
  8. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey! That's very strange - I assume you've double-checked that your other project is indeed on 4.0.4 official, vs perhaps you were using the manifest.json method to load non-verified versions like 4.0.4-preview.x? I've made that mistake several times :D