Search Unity

[V3 RELEASED!] CTAA V3 ' CINEMATIC TEMPORAL ANTI-ALIASING ' now with HDRP

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LIVENDA_LABS, Jan 29, 2018.

1. axvm

axvm

Hello,

Look, im not trying to offense you, just trying to explain one thing from the point of view of indie vr developer.

CTAA looks interesting but without HDRP support it useless for VR in my opinion. Default unity AA works fine for current gen of VR HMDs in forward rendering. I don't see any particular reason to use this asset cuz a small improve of visuals not worth it. Most of gamers won't notice it anyway. So it pointless.

HDRP is still in preview, yea, it not production ready but it already looks amazing. Alot of ppl already developing their games on it and all of them have one big problem with deferred rendering: it doesn't support AA at all for VR. What solutions we got? use forward rendering path w/ MSAA (nothx), try to solve it w/ handmade AA or avoid jittering as much as it possible using specific "rules\best practices" (by playin w/ lighting, geometry, etc). In other words: there is no AA solution for deferred rendering in VR.

But if you guys gonna implement HDRP support in deferred rendering - it TRULY would be #1 solution for every VR developer. At least because there is no AA at all. You gonna be the first and only one. Please think about it. I believe it worth to spend a couple of weeks in reading sources of HDRP and implement support of HDRP in CTAA.

Looking forward when you gonna do it.

Best regards.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  2. AndreasO

AndreasO

Hi,

is there a solution to make CTAA work with terrain details (gras) and no smearing?
    It looks really awful with CTAA enabled. :(

Here's a short video to demonstrate what I mean:

The gras becomes one green mush and shadows are nearly disappearing as well.

EDIT:
    I should mention that this is the default Unity terrain and terrain shader. Nothing fancy. Just Unity and CTAA.

EDIT 2:
    Well, looks like CTAA is fine and it's a Unity Editor issue. I have a multi monitor setup and thus use one monitor with a full screen 'game tab' and another monitor with a full screen 'scene tab'. Rendering both at the same time in the Unity Editor seems to create render artifacts. As soon as I close all windows and only keep the 'game tab' open, it seems to work just as expected.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  3. AndreasO

AndreasO

*sigh* .... the smearing stays. The problem just wasn't as obvious as before. :(

4. NewMagic-Studio

NewMagic-Studio

Last version 1.7 makes VR not working, shadows move as you move a bit as you move the headset, in previous versions this also happened but rarely, which actually for a commercial game doesn't make a big difference as can't publish a game which just work most times

5. Ward101

Ward101

Not sure your config. But we're not having issues like the one you mention.
    We're using CTAA SinglePass, deferred rendering.
    We have some shimmering, mostly solved using a specific script supplied on the same package.

6. netpost

netpost

Hi,

I already asked this question 3 weeks ago but haven't had any answered yet so I will ask again. :)

Hi,

When using CTAA to create stereo VR 360 video movies (not realtime CTAA usage for game), should I use CTAA for PC or CTAA for VR? The movies are rendered on a PC but the end users will be using VR medium to watch the 360 videos such as GearVR, Oculus Go, Google Day dream etc...

Thanks you for shedding the light on this.

7. AndreasO

AndreasO

@LIVENDA_LABS, is there any way to reduce or better yet avoid the smearing? This is a huge problem for me when I'm using CTAA in my project. See video in my previous post here. In the end, the artifacts stayed and I tried many different settings and combinations, new project just with CTAA, etc.

I do understand that the TAA technology in itself is prone to blurriness but the smearing artifact is nothing I have seen in any game yet. It makes CTAA unusable for me right now. Really need advice from you guys.

8. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Can you please clarify a little further, so you like to use CTAA during the 360 video capture?

This issue has not much to do with CTAA, unfortunately Unity does not provide motion vectors from any vertex based animation (which is required to resolve any temporal effect) being caused by wind etc. on the foliage. Unity only provides motion vectors for moving objects and camera motion, no vertex motion vectors. What you can do is to override the unity motion vectors shader and do custom vertex based motion on the foliage but it will is not trivial to implement.

The good news is CTAA V1.8 has been released TODAY!
    V1.8 fixes a number of other important reported issues check my post below. Download V1.8 now,

also for foliage scenes here are some recommended settings
    - Temporal Stability :: between 3-4
    - HDR Response :: lowest value 0.001

- Edge Response :: set to 0

- Adaptive Sharpness :: 0.5 - 1.0

- Temporal Jitter Scale :: this can be reduced for Nature / Foliage scenes 0.3 - 0.4 is a good value

- MAKE SURE ANTI-SHIMMER IS OFF, this is for other visualization purposes such as Architecture/ CAD etc.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  9. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

To put it simply, HDRP currently is a mess and no way to create custom effects at this stage with PPV3, we have already looked at it and would love to bring CTAA to HDRP ASAP, just waiting on Unity at this stage.

10. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

CTAA V1.8 UPDATE CHANGES and FIXES

- V1.8 Brings Important Fixes and we strongly encourage all users to upgrade to this version asap

- FIXED : Screen Edge Smearing artifacts on PC and VR Version. Sometimes depending on the scene and average contrast levels, there was a smearing/ghosting artifacts visible on screen edges, this is now completely fixed and eliminated.

- FIXED : Black pixels / line artifacts on some scenes caused by high dynamic range differences between adjacent pixels during AABB evaluation

- UPDATE : Microshimmer adjustment is now automated and not required in the UI

- UPDATE : Adaptive Sharpness on PC version has been much improved, significantly less edge darkening while improving sharpness quality.

- UPDATE : Single Pass Stereo VR (SPS) quality improvement with better sharpness

- UPDATE : Anti-Shimmer mode is OFF by Default and when resetting the plugin as it is not for general use. The prefabs have also been updated to reflect this.

- IMPROVEMENT : PC CTAA responds much much better on Nature and Foliage related scenes as Unity does not provide vertex based motion vectors for wind animation

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  11. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

For anyone interested the sale ends on the 25 July

12. netpost

netpost

@LIVENDA_LABS

Yes.

13. AndreasO

AndreasO

Thanks for the reply and clarification where the issue comes from. I'll try your suggested values and see if it helps with my project.

Is there any chance that you will add or create a separate solution to also support foliage with CTAA in the future?
    Unfortunately, I don't know enough shader foo to pull this off by myself.

14. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Best I can suggest is to use nvidia Ansel to capture, I think you can also put a slight delay between each consecutive captured frames so the temporal blending is resolved correctly.

We are looking at this now, multiple methods possible. V1.8 and foliage looks great however it will be even better with vertex motion vectors.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CTAA V1.8 RELEASED
    V 1.8 ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIME, SAVE 50%, NORMALLY $195, NOW ONLY $95!
    UNITY ASSET STORE

15. OP3NGL

OP3NGL

anyone tested CTAA work in oculus quest? thinking of buying

16. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi,

Thanks for your interest, V1.8 should work (were still waiting to receive the Quest) as CTAA does work with Android, you can either use the dedicated Oculus version with Multipass camera setup or the SinglePass version with a single camera. If there is any issues with the quest were happy to provide you a refund, thanks again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CTAA V1.8 RELEASED
    V 1.8 ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIME ENDING 25 July, SAVE 50%, NORMALLY $195, NOW ONLY $95!
    UNITY ASSET STORE

17. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

18. EstudioVR

EstudioVR

I am trying to use CTAA with Oculus Quest. Not working. Any workaround?

19. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

20. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

NEW CTAA CINEMATIC TEMPORAL ANTI-ALIASING UNITY DEMO 60fps

New Updated CTAA V1.8 ' Cinematic Temporal Anti-Aliasing ' for Unity PC & VR WATCH IN HD, Stress Testing CTAA anti-aliasing solutions for Unity, please note this is a compressed Video ON SALE NOW SAVE ABOVE 50% FOR PC & VR (Oculus / VIVE / WMR)

AVAILABLE ON THE UNITY ASSET STORE https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/?stay#!/content/106995 Introducing CTAA V1.8 ' Cinematic Temporal Anti-Aliasing ' Temporal Super-Sampling for Unity 2017 and above for PC and VR, Unity 2019 READY The premier next generation VR READY cutting-edge temporal anti-aliasing solution

21. akieft1

akieft1

I'm also very interested in learning if this asset supports the Oculus Quest, and what the performance impact looks like. I understand the developer doesn't yet have a device to test on, but if anyone else has figured it out and can share their feedback, that would be very helpful.

22. EstudioVR

EstudioVR

Sent email to support yesterday as you said. No answer

23. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

We should have the oculus quest by next week and will have a more definitive answer, CTAA works Great in all other VR devices and we will make sure it works with the Quest as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CTAA V1.8 RELEASED
    V 1.8 ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIME ENDING 25 July, SAVE 50%, NORMALLY $195, NOW ONLY $95!
    UNITY ASSET STORE

24. talofen

talofen

Excuse me, I bought CTAA when on sale in May, because you stated that HDRP would have been supported in the upcoming v1.8
    But I now see it’s not....
    Any plans for LWRP?

25. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Unfortunately it is not possible to support HDRP yet as Unity have changed it again and currently no way to add custom effects to PPV3 and this is the only method. We will however have it supported as soon as it is possible. LWRP does not provide motion vectors and even Unity TAA is not working. We will have LWRP support via custom motion vectors,

-----------------------------------------------------------------

ONLY 5 DAYS LEFT-CTAA V 1.8 ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIME ENDING 25 July, SAVE 50%, NORMALLY $195, NOW ONLY $95!
    UNITY ASSET STORE

26. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

27. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

28. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

New CTAA V1.9 for PC & VR Released & Available on the ASSET STORE

CTAA_V19_RELEASED.jpg
    CTAA V1.9 UPDATE CHANGES and FIXES

- General Improvements to all variations for PC and VR
    - Oculus VR better sharpness
    - Improved integration for latest SteamVR (OpenVR)
    - Tooltips added

29. keeponshading

keeponshading

Custom Post Processing HDRP per AOV s
    https://github.com/keijiro/HdrpAovTes
    Motion Vectors HDRP
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c...igh-definition@6.7/manual/Motion-Vectors.html

30. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

31. rmon222

rmon222

I just bought CTAA and am trying to use it with Post Processing V2 (builtin pipeline, not HDRP). The documentation says "CTAA must be placed in the middle of the stack chain.". How exactly do you put something in the middle of the stack chain? I see no Custom Effect Sorting in the Post Processing Layer attached to the camera.

Second, is the TextMeshPro exception mentioned earlier on this thread implemented? TextMeshPro still looks blurry.

Third, I'm having issues with jagged realtime shadows. Do you have any suggestions?

Edit: I'm using Unity 2019.2.0b6, Post Processing V2 2.1.7, VR, deferred, and Single Pass

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  32. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi,

First thanks for your purchase, with the latest version which is V1.9 you can just place CTAA after PPV2 on the camera stack and please make sure you uncheck "directly to camera target" option on the ppv2 options, otherwise you will just see black, this is not just for CTAA but for any other post FX being used in combination with PPV2

33. rmon222

rmon222

Thank you, this worked and the jagged realtime shadows went away for some reason. It would be great if TextMeshPro (or all UI for that matter) could be exempt from CTAA. Maybe add a layer mask.

34. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

Has anyone been able to get this to work with oculus quest yet? I've tried almost everything with no success.

akieft1 likes this.
  35. dienat

dienat

Updated to 2019.1.6f1 and gives me the error "Shader error in 'Hidden/VelocityShaderCTAASPS': "missing keyword CAMERA_..." at line 96 (on d3d11)" anyone got to solve it?

36. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi, we tested and there are no issues and no errors even with later versions of Unity, please make sure to do a clean install and delete the older version completely before updating

37. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

MAJOR Announcement on Monday! Stay tuned.

38. saxovr

saxovr

@LIVENDA_LABS Its Tuesday now? What was your big announcement?

39. saxovr

saxovr

@beowulfkaine I havent tried but am interested in what problems you encounter? I would imagine quest wouldnt have the spare power to do this but still would be great if it could as Aliasing is a major issue!

40. keeponshading

keeponshading

Livenda only said "on Monday".
    Not which Monday.)

41. keeponshading

keeponshading

Hi.
    Any news zu CTAA on Layers? Non-VR.

42. keeponshading

keeponshading

Hi,

are there more detailed informations about changes like

CTAA V1.9 UPDATE CHANGES and FIXES -
    General Improvements to all variations for PC and VR -
    Oculus VR better sharpness -
    Improved integration for latest SteamVR (OpenVR) -
    Tooltips added

CTAA 1.9 is not working anymore on my dual camera setup.
    CTAA 1.9 introduces flicker and ghosting with same settings.

CTAA 1.8 and CTAA 1.7 is fine

Windows 10
    Unity 2019.1.14f1

Here my settings.
    In CTAA 1.9 it is not possible to enable second MainCamera_UI CTAA anymore without heavy artifacts.

cam1.JPG cam2.JPG

43. Ward101

Ward101

Hi! What's the purpose of the VelocityBufferCTAAVR_VIVE?
    Is it a must using CTAA SPS for VIVE?

44. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Stay tuned for a Big announcement, hint: CTAA NXT

Hi, We are not experiencing this issue, can you please contact our support directly perhaps with a test project, also, it would be a good idea to remove other effects during testing.

Yes, this is required, unity does not provide motion vectors in VR and in SP VR it is crucial, we are rendering custom pixel accurate motion vectors

madrobotMK and Bartolomeus755 like this.
  45. andre-ivankio

andre-ivankio

I bought the "CTAA XT EXTREME EDITION" today (I really appreciate the promotion). But the link I got was for 1.8. How are updates managed outside Unity's asset store? Do we get a notification?

Is there any advantage of the Oculus and Vive dedicated components instead of SPS? I'm developing with Oculus but will also output for SteamVR.

46. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi,

CTAA XT is a different product, you should receive the download link to it soon as it is not V1.8 *(this has now been fixed). You will keep receiving updates automatically via your registered email. Thanks again.

BTW for everyone else, the next Major version for Asset Store Unity is called CTAA NXT V2, we have significant new features coming requested by many others, more on this version very soon...

47. RPowers

RPowers

Hi. It seems like CTAA is broken with Single Pass Instanced for VR. In Single Pass it works wonders, but when I turn on Single Pass Instanced all I see in game is a white screen. No errors being thrown. I'm using CTAA v1.9 and Unity 2018.4.7f1. Any idea why it's not working with instanced turn on?

BTW I'm VERY interesting in learning more about CTAA NXT V2 and what new features it brings. Looking forward to hearing back. Thanks!

48. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

After purchasing CTAA XT, the link I received 1.8, like someone just mention. Imported into unity and it's 1.8. Need solution, thank you.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  49. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Instanced Single Pass is not possible at the moment due to Unity limitations

Thanks, check your email as you should receive the XT version soon (Please note the XT version is NOT the upcoming CTAA NXT which is essentially the next generation V2 CTAA)

50. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

Whao Whao Whao! What what? I thought this was the newest version I just purchase, what the hell did I just purchase then, a beta? I bought this for thinking I was going to get the new features like layers, and hdrp.

On the site it said's' "ANNOUNCING NEW CTAA XT EXTREME EDITION) CINEMATIC TEMPORAL ANTI-ALIASING XT EDITION, THE LEADING TEMPORAL" now that I purchased it, now I'm being told this V2 NXT? Please don't make me be that guy, but I feel like I've been duped.

Not only that in the email the rar file saids CTAAXT, but inside in inside it's CTAA_V18_FINAL.unitypakage. When I open up in unity it saids version 1.8, what's going on? Again, please don't make me be that guy. I feel like the hate you guys use to get was undeserved, but man, I'm heated right now.

talofen and guni32 like this.