Search Unity

[V3 RELEASED!] CTAA V3 ' CINEMATIC TEMPORAL ANTI-ALIASING ' now with HDRP

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LIVENDA_LABS, Jan 29, 2018.

1. v1nc3nt_3d

v1nc3nt_3d

Is CTAA compatible with Cinemachine and the Post Processing Stack v2?
    I tried applying the CTAA PC script to a CM virtual camera, but it appears to break the connection with the CM brain.

2. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

When you look over this forum, Livenda says, that CTAA will have Singlepass option soo, since he invented it, so about 3 years.
    And Obviously there is no 1.4, otherwise we would see it for a month now.
    For the pricing: 4 month ago, Livenda started with a trade-off of 75% as launching price from the original one, which was about 895€.
    Theese numbers u won't find any more.

This thing might work as is, but rest is show and napping.

On 24. April, Livenda messaged me, that it would be Unity, taking so long to put 1.4 into the asset store.
    Obviously it wasn't unity, but the existence itself, taking so long.

The information strategy of yours is really S*** and makes me feel, like you just wanted to have my 200€ and then flee.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    tcmeric likes this.
  3. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

The current version will work with PPS V2 when you place CTAA after the stack. However, please note this is a preliminary and initial support and there could be limitations as it is still in preview. We will soon have much better integration via the custom Post Effect hook so CTAA will appear in additional 'custom' effects section of PPS V2. The CM brain issue is already fixed in the next coming update after V1.4 which should be available shortly.

Singlepass stereo support is in the works and will be coming very soon, unfortunately it is not a trivial simple option to implement as far as temporal effects such as CTAA is concerned (for other generic effects it can literately be done in 10 minutes) . As motion vectors are required for CTAA and unity does NOT provide these in VR we have to do custom motion vector calculation and it is 'also ' Different ' calculation method depending on the VR HMD being used as they they all have different projection matrices. Also motion vectors cannot be ' jittered ' otherwise it will give you infinite velocity per-pixel , we also need to get the final scene in RT in jittered format temporarily, without effecting or eliminating the performance gain from SinglePass stereo. So, it is not as simple as it might seem.

V1.4 update should be on the asset store this coming week, we made multiple submissions due recent launch of Unity 2018 changes so the submission time it seems to start from the last one.

Last but not least, the price of CTAA on the Asset Store has been reduced significantly so it can be accessible to everyone.

Held0fTheWelt likes this.
  4. tcmeric

tcmeric

I agree. I feel it is unlikely that single pass will ever come out. Just stall as long as possible, since they cannot make it happen. History repeats.

5. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

I will repeat what we said in the previous post as others mostly skip the thread and don't read all our responses. We already have it working fine so far and have to do thorough testing so it doesn't break anything as CTAA is being used by thousands of customers for the last 2 and a half years since initial launch.

----------------
    Singlepass stereo support is in the works and will be coming very soon, unfortunately it is not a trivial simple option to implement as far as temporal effects such as CTAA is concerned (for other generic effects it can literately be done in 10 minutes) . As motion vectors are required for CTAA and unity does NOT provide these in VR we have to do custom motion vector calculation and it is 'also ' Different ' calculation method depending on the VR HMD being used as they they all have different projection matrices. Also motion vectors cannot be ' jittered ' otherwise it will give you infinite velocity per-pixel , we also need to get the final scene in RT in jittered format temporarily, without effecting or eliminating the performance gain from SinglePass stereo. So, it is not as simple as it might seem.

LostPanda and Held0fTheWelt like this.
  6. rasto61

rasto61

Im not sure which one at this point. You are either in the process of making it work;

or you already have it 'working fine' and just need to do some QA before you push it;

If it is a problem with testing im sure releasing this feature as beta would give you a much larger test base that could cover a lot more unity versions and use cases. It really seems like you are misleading people by stalling.

tcmeric likes this.
  7. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

Thank you.

I am glad for response, and then everything is fine.

I bought it in mind, that you promised this.
    And without something is missing.

Btw. if i could be of any help, i also would participate, but since there, you may do it, man ! ;)

LIVENDA_LABS likes this.
  8. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

I hope you don't take these critics personal, they really are not.
    Although i will change my rating again, if there is news to tell.

And i try to be of help, too.

The asset itself is really, really good - nothing about that.

LIVENDA_LABS likes this.
  9. Zbad

Zbad

Don't get discouraged Livenda. If anyone can figure out how to do single pass, it's you. We complain so much because if it ain't you, nobody's likely to make it happen.

10. ekergraphics

ekergraphics

As mentioned last page, Playdead's TAA solution already has single pass stereo, single camera support.

Though CTAA seems to deliver a sharper image (which I still haven't been able to test since our project relies on a lot of single camera effects).

tcmeric likes this.
  11. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

HDRP or LW SRP would be nice, since there are no other AA plugin support for it

12. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

I am currently just trying what i get with LWRP and CTAA with version 1.3.

Will tell more, when i know.

13. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

So you cannot use CTAA with the LwRP with Version 1.3.

14. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

We are currently looking at both HDRP and LW SRP integration as it is still a very new pipeline. Motion vector construction is the main issue as CTAA requires them. No specific timeline yet

15. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

Just tried to use what i have ;)

16. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

Btw. Render Pipeline generates Motion Vectors, at it seems.
    Why don't use them ?

Justin_Wingfall likes this.
  17. Maskvp

Maskvp

Does not work for Unity2018.1.5f1
    <OCULUS_VR_CAMERA>Visual disorder in Oculus Rift
    Can it be repaired?

18. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Which Render Pipeline?

Hi, thanks and we are aware of this issue and it is already solved with the next update (and a lot of other related updates). In the mean while you can temporarily fix it by swapping over the designated camera in the Jitter camera Script drop-down selection. So if it says left choose right and visa versa.

19. ekergraphics

ekergraphics

LWRP does not have motion vectors (although the table shows an entry for "TAA"):

https://blogs.unity3d.com/2018/02/2...er-pipeline-optimizing-real-time-performance/

Also, I'm watching a Unity Berlin presentation right now on Book of the Dead in HDRP, and it was mentioned that their motion vectors consume 0.25ms (and their TAA takes 7.5ms). Those assetts are now available for download, so you should be able to take a peek at how Unity themselves solved theirs (though deferred and no instanced stereo).

Justin_Wingfall likes this.
  20. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

I am sorry.
    I thought i have seen it, and just wondered.

But i cannot find it again, anyways.

21. therewillbebrad

therewillbebrad

Do you have any update on when this is going to be updated?

Held0fTheWelt likes this.
  22. GWydouw

GWydouw

Does this also work with HTC Vive on Mac? All demo's are compiled for windows.

23. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi, we have note tested on the Mac OS platform yet so tbh, not too sure... We are however in the process of confirming this in the next coming week or so. There really is no reason why it should not work as the main shader is not DX reliant or specific and is shader model 3 OpenGL compliant.

24. tapawafo

tapawafo

Any ETA on v1.4 release?

25. DGordon

DGordon

You know, I was interested in this. But then I saw all the negative reviews about support and V1.4. And then I noticed Livenda quoted 1.4 was coming out "this week" in May 26th, and they had already submitted it ... and its August 8th and its still not out.

Without a major explanation, this is obviously an issue.

This is the quote from above:
    "V1.4 update should be on the asset store this coming week, we made multiple submissions due recent launch of Unity 2018 changes so the submission time it seems to start from the last one."

It looks like they claim they submitted 1.4 and were waiting on Unity to just push it out, but clearly either (A) something went horribly wrong or (B) they were lying. It would be nice to have an explanation, as I have very little confidence as a potential buyer just from seeing that!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    MostHated likes this.
  26. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

First, we have submitted it multiple times and it got rejected due to the New Unity LOGO rules:( (No Unity logos to be displaced in the marketing images) in the detail page.

We have now fixed this to be inline with the new Unity logo rules and have re-submitted.

ALSO, WE HAVE GREAT NEWS TO SHARE

SINGLE PASS STEREO IN VR IS 100% SUPPORTED NOW FOR ALL PLATFORMS WITH THIS NEW UPDATE & it looks GREAT! The SinglePass is also a Unified plugin for all HMD's

We also made further improvements in general in performance and quality with full Unity 2018 compatibility for PC and VR (Oculus multipass eye-flip issue now fixed and now you can use Single Pass Stereo which we recommend )

Please note the Latest Unity is required for this update.

LostPanda and Mark_01 like this.
  27. MostHated

MostHated

That is great news and all, but... it took 3 months and several failed attempts to simply not put Unity's logo on your pictures? : /

28. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Yes we had other issues previously and in our last submit the new rules came into effect. All is fixed now and this gave us a chance to improve it further, thank you ALL for your great patience, it was not easy to say the least.

--------------------------------------------------
    ALSO, WE HAVE GREAT NEWS TO SHARE (Please note the Latest Unity is required for this update.)

SINGLE PASS STEREO IN VR IS 100% SUPPORTED NOW FOR ALL PLATFORMS WITH THIS NEW UPDATE & it looks GREAT! The SinglePass is also a Unified plugin for all HMD's

We also made further improvements in general in performance and quality with full Unity 2018 compatibility for PC and VR (Oculus multipass eye-flip issue now fixed and now you can use Single Pass Stereo which we recommend )

Mark_01 likes this.
  29. DGordon

DGordon

My suggestion is to just be much more transparent with whats going on. As a developer, I can completely understand that deadlines get pushed back. However, since you are selling your products to customers ... it really doesn't do you any good to say one thing and then not give any explanation for months. It feels very shady, even understanding that everything can be legit reasons over there with the sole issue being communication. It really makes a customer wary of spending that much money on the Asset Store (most things do not cost that much here, even if this is worth it).

Just my opinion, but if you have the resources to create an awesome product for $200, you should have the time to just type out some more feedback when you claim one thing and it doesn't happen. Not being snarky ... it will actually help you guys a lot (rather, the reverse will harm your sales after building a great product).

RPowers and MostHated like this.
  30. MostHated

MostHated

^ 150% this. Things could be going to hell in a hand basket, as long as you are keeping people in the loop and not just avoiding questions and talking to people, it is still even better than even if things are going slightly rough and you just disappear and avoid everyone.

DGordon likes this.
  31. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

hdrp support???? :)

32. DGordon

DGordon

I dont understand this developer. I was actually interested in seeing where this goes, but the complete lack of forum skills has killed any curiosity I have in the product, and turned it into a morbid curiosity about the developer and their product. I cant tell if the product is actually a good product and their customer support is horrid, or if all around this is a cash grab.

@developer: I highly suggest hiring someone who knows what they're doing with customer support and dealing with forums. If you don't understand why this forum has actually persuaded me _not_ to purchase this, you definitely need to hire someone. Its $200 and everything feels super shaky solely from the way you handle things on here. You're giving the vibe that you are brushing concerns and valid questions under the rug with quick answers that don't really add up, while screaming advertisements about new features. Its really hard to tell if you're hoping to get another couple of weeks worth of purchases and just stretching out your time, or if this is legit.

33. TooManySugar

TooManySugar

With this dev it has allways been the same. He developed a veyr nice SSR solution for unity 4 and the things whent super south with the time. 0 comunicaitons skills, yet decent assets. The price of this asset tho feels totally out of place.

34. DGordon

DGordon

I know. I own it. I vaguely remember unease at the name, yet I think the product was actually a good one. Hence I don't know what to think about this.

35. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

There is no official VR support in Unity at this stage under HDRP however we will certainly support it soon including LWRP

As we have mentioned The Latest CTAA V1.5 will be on the Asset Store in the next few days with Complete Single Pass Stereo Support, This took a long time to integrate without effecting performance.

We are happy to send you the latest version if you do not want to wait for Unity, please contact us with your details and we will provide you the download information.
    Thank you!

Mark_01 likes this.
  36. HolyFireGames

HolyFireGames

@LIVENDA_LABS - We're seeing a weird black outline on a lot of our visuals including stars (Enviro) and tracers for our weapons. Do you have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

37. rasto61

rasto61

And surprise surprise, after more than a week the update has not been approved. Btw, Bakery, another asset, submitted an upate on wednesday and the update was live on thursday.

Is there another issue with a unity logo? Just remove the logo :D Or are you deceiving customers?

38. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Please contact us directly and if possible a small project file would be greatly helpful to deduce and fix your issue, thank you again.

We have NO idea how long unity takes it is out of our hands and it is different for all assets.
    As we SAID, if you don't want to wait for Unity just contact us with your purchase details and we can send a direct download link to the latest version.

Comments such as yours is just frankly very hurtful to the developer in the long run with NO reason. You purchased this product and you want us to keep supporting and updating while making frivolous remarks, this is NOT helpful. This only effects our ability to continue further development and support. It took us a long time to develop this product and a long time to have Single Pass stereo option which some customers were asking for a long time as well. It's just unfortunate and a shame to see this behavior which seems to be common with other Unity assets, forcing many other developers to abandon their products eventually.

Mark_01 and therewillbebrad like this.
  39. rasto61

rasto61

I don't think you get to act offended here. You are selling a product for $200 and then keep users in the dark. Claiming that you submitted an update and then after 3 months you say that there was an issue with a logo... I wouldn't even be commenting here if the process including such minor issues encountered was more transparent.

40. therewillbebrad

therewillbebrad

Sent an email hoping to take you up on the offer of 1.5!

41. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

You should receive the download info soon, BTW V1.5 has many improvements including SinglePass Stereo support. Multipass version on Oculus has now also been fixed for Unity 2018 and much improved in quality, all the best.

Mark_01 and therewillbebrad like this.
  42. HolyFireGames

HolyFireGames

@LIVENDA_LABS - Who do we need to email to get access to 1.5? I've PM'd you on forums here, and emailed support and info email addresses with no response. Thanks.

43. TooManySugar

TooManySugar

lol this developer is trolling customers again

44. therewillbebrad

therewillbebrad

I'm not going to assume he's trolling but I will say to the community that I have gotten no response aside from in this thread.

45. RPowers

RPowers

I've also sent an email to support requesting V1.5. No response yet

46. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Most should have received the requested download link (via Dropbox) by now, if not just allow a little more time, thanks.

therewillbebrad likes this.
  47. therewillbebrad

therewillbebrad

Are you doing this via email or the unity messages? Thanks for the update.

Has anyone gotten a download link yet?

48. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Via email, I will check with Linda (the person in charge to send the downloads) to get the status as I believe there were many many requests.

49. therewillbebrad

therewillbebrad

Thank you, this asset was mind blowing when I first saw it and I can't wait to see what it looks like now.

50. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Thanks, majority of the changes relate to VR and general performance improvements. Please note the latest Unity version is required (2018.2.3f1)

So, you can if you wish still use the multipass version as before which has had a significant increase in quality, especially with the Oculus version and the 2018 eyeswap issue has also been fixed. New in V1.5 is a unified SinglePass VR version which can be used on both the Oculus and the VIVE (i.e. single plugin for both Oculus SDK and Open VR). The Singlepass version naturally also now provides complete support for VRTK as it works best with a single camera setup.

BTW, MSAA can also be used at the sametime in all versions when in forward mode, which will provide excellent quality even 2x MSAA is a great addition if your project performance budget will allow it.

To recap
    If you like to use VRTK, in the old version we had a prefab showing the best method with a multipass setup. This is now depricated and we strongly recommend to use the Singlepass version.