Search Unity

[V3 RELEASED!] CTAA V3 ' CINEMATIC TEMPORAL ANTI-ALIASING ' now with HDRP

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LIVENDA_LABS, Jan 29, 2018.

1. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Please contact us and we will see what happened and what we can do, you do realize this not about CTAA but rather a completely different product which was deprecated literally years ago (I think 5 years ago now).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT
    FULL HDRP SUPPORT + IMPROVED QUALITY / MORE FEATURES COMING IN V3 Late November !
    All HDRP versions up to the latest version with FULL VR support

We are incredibly happy to announce the imminent release of our next generation CTAA V3 now with Complete support for HDRP (URP support will follow) with tremendous performance.

Due to a number of circumstances such as Covid-19 and lack of Technical feature requirements in HDRP it has taken longer than anticipated. It is now complete and working with FANTASTIC results unachievable before. CTAA V3 will provide true next gen results in HDRP, no more blurry TAA, no more artificially post/pre sharpening injection which causes significant image degradation. CTAA V3 HDRP provides the Best Quality Crisp Cinematic Temporal Anti-Aliasing solution on any platform with best performance, period.

Regards,
    LIVENDA LABS

2. castor76

castor76

Ofcourse I realize that my issue is not about CTAA, but it doesn't mean the issue isn't going anywhere. There isn't the forum for SSRR product you were selling anymore. I would not be saying anything here if you have chose to act and respond to my (and Unity's) communication.

I have messaged you and sent email again. Let me know.

And it was at around April 2017, not 5 years ago.

3. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Livenda is kinda special case with Unity Asset Store though, I'm not trying to make excuses but Liveda's incredibly poor reputation among Unity users is just.. well deserved.

How Livenda can come back and do the same things year after year is something I do wonder as well. Basically a lot of the new customers operate here in good faith and are not aware of the past misleading advertisement this particular publisher does nonstop. I don't think this discussion should be in asset support thread normally either but I think it's good for new users to know what they are dealing with.

Only advice I can give here is to only ever buy anything from this publisher if you are ok with things that are CURRENTLY in the asset. Never believe anything that gets advertised to come on next release or even worse, buy something in advance thinking you will actually get it (as in 9 times out of 10 you wont). Also as past assets have proved, the support of the asset can just stop any time without any prior warning and publisher may just drop off the grid for years.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    MS80 and castor76 like this.
  4. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

One thing worth noting about the asset itself here: what makes things even worse is that CTAA's shader code is fully obfuscated, so if you bought it and it got deprecated (like happened with v1 for me shortly after big sale) it's completely useless as you have zero means to fix anything yourself.

Just... be cautious.

5. castor76

castor76

I agree. If Livenda wants to operate at such level, so be it. But my case was even beyond what you described, because the asset did not work as advertised on purchasing so I was not asking for the future feature update. I only asked for a refund because of the current state at the purchasing point was not working. Livenda "promised" update to fix the problem but never did. Then the asset got deprecated. They did not responded to all of my attempt to communicate as well as Unity's staff attempt. I don't mind if any future feature update was not fulfilled. But the asset has to work as advertised at the point of purchase. You can not just sell the broken asset and then promise to fix it in the future, only to deprecated it shortly afterwards and be silent with it.

rz_0lento likes this.
  6. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Please keep the posts relevant to CTAA and the upcoming CTAA V3 with complete HDRP support, thank you.

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT
    FULL HDRP SUPPORT + IMPROVED QUALITY / MORE FEATURES COMING IN V3 Late November !
    All HDRP versions up to the latest version with FULL VR support

We are incredibly happy to announce the imminent release of our next generation CTAA V3 now with Complete support for HDRP (URP support will follow) with tremendous performance.

Due to a number of circumstances such as Covid-19 and lack of Technical feature requirements in HDRP it has taken longer than anticipated. It is now complete and working with FANTASTIC results unachievable before. CTAA V3 will provide true next gen results in HDRP, no more blurry TAA, no more artificially post/pre sharpening injection which causes significant image degradation. CTAA V3 HDRP provides the Best Quality Crisp Cinematic Temporal Anti-Aliasing solution on any platform with best performance, period.

JRRReynolds likes this.
  7. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Will CTAA v3 contain human readable shader source code so users can patch things for newer HDRP releases once you inevitably drop it in favor of next version?

This is a real concern as HDRP still evolves a lot and custom shaders you need to pull thing like CTAA off is definitely going to break between major HDRP releases. If the sources are still obfuscated, every user using this can only rely that you keep the thing up to date and given the current extra version bumping to create a new paid tier, there's a VERY limited timespan for the version user paid for (and like mentioned, no means for the user to fix things on their own when it does break).

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    Yavvn likes this.
  8. CianNoonan

CianNoonan

I think the secret sauce behind CTAA isn't all that complex or novel so they cant release human-readable code as they likely can't get legal protection for their code technique. They don't offer great support or timely updates so without that they have nothing, hence the obfuscation. But I imagine they'd make a similar amount unobfs as most unity developers just plug and play and wouldn't care to dig into it

merpheus likes this.
  9. Yavvn

Yavvn

I purchased 'V1' but did not pay to upgrade to V2, will I be able to use my discount to purchase V3 or do I need to purchase V2 (which I don't have a use for) in order to get the discount on V3?

10. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi, Yes certainly no problem.

11. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

CTAA_V3_HDRP.jpg

All HDRP versions up to the latest version with FULL VR support​

Bartolomeus755 likes this.
  12. niflying

niflying

Are there any videos? Can't wait for it. Does it support PS XBOX NS?

13. castor76

castor76

While I try to respect the comments in the thread to be relevant, you are also constantly ignoring my attempt to contact you. I have sent all your request in email 8 days ago, but you are not responding as usual.

Crossway likes this.
  14. CianNoonan

CianNoonan

This developer is clearly a carpet bagger, unity brings themselves into disrepute by not arbitrating the issues between themselves and the customers. It makes the asset store look completely unregulated

Crossway and castor76 like this.
  15. luuminhedu

luuminhedu

I put CTAA_PC on the Camera, everything looks great, this is the result I expected, but there's one problem I can't solve, The camera field of view appears to have changed, The viewing angle is too wide for default. How do I keep the camera as default. I'm a filmaker, I need everything to be exactly the same as the original camera from Maya.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  16. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

No you are not respecting the others and the comments here. You are talking about an unrelated product which has been deprecated almost 5 years ago and I believe Linda has been in contact with you requesting a some information which you have not provided.

castor76 is talking about an unrelated product which has been deprecated almost 5 years ago.

Thanks, can you please clarify your scene setup so we can better help as it is a little difficult to understand. Please contact us directly perhaps with an example project including which Unity version.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CTAA_V3_HDRP.jpg

17. luuminhedu

luuminhedu

Thank you. I don't speak English well, so I posted a picture description. Hope that can be of help to you.
    Untitled-1.jpg

A new discovery, it seems that CCTA_PC will automatically turn off Physicsal Camera every time it is run. This causes the camera to deviate from the original camera.
    Capture.JPG

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  18. castor76

castor76

You are the one who is not respecting the constant communication enquiries. You have no right to talk about respect when you clearly is ignoring my attempt to communicate to solve the issue.

Check the comment I have made above :

I HAVE ALREADY SENT ALL THE REQUEST DOCUMENT THAT LINDA ASKED FOR.

Don't come here and tell me that I have not sent them. Because I did that days ago ! Check with Linda before coming here to tell me that I didn't do. Also, I emailed Linda almost everyday for the past a week without any respond from Linda.

And to set the facts right, the SSRR asset was deprecated around April 2017. NOT 5 YEARS AGO like you constantly stating. But it does not matter if this forum is for something else, because frankly, you are the one who chose to deprecate the asset without resolving the issue with the product and the forum for the product does not exist anymore. Any email attempt to contact you afterwards been ignored, even from the Unity Staff themselves!

So who is NOT respecting who ?

If you are so much to care about your company's reputation, you do not bury your past problem by saying that the thread is for something else. Instead, you should respect your customers and address the issue asap.

If there is the same deprecation planned for CTAA and then the asset didn't work as advertised at the point of purchase, are you also going to just deprecate the product, close the forum and reopen another product forum and then tell the past customers saying "don't come to this thread to talk about the past asset issue?" Where is the respect ha?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    Inspeinre, Crossway and MS80 like this.
  19. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi,

This version of CTAA will not work with the Physical Camera System (in this version of Unity) as the Physical camera overrides the View frustum matrix making it incompatible with CTAA. The upcoming HDRP version though does work fine with the latest Physical camera system. So in the mean while you can disable the Physical camera and justy copy the FOV settings to the standard camera.

Linda just informed me that she received your declaration form, so please continue conversing with her to finalise your issue. We would appreciate if you do not post any more support issues NOT relevant to CTAA, thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CTAA_V3_HDRP.jpg

luuminhedu likes this.
  20. niflying

niflying

Can v2 user update to v3 for free?

21. CianNoonan

CianNoonan

V1 to V2 was I think $30, I imagine it'll be the same again

22. castor76

castor76

Yet another 8 days past since the last time Linda from Livenda Labs has responded. I send email every day to her, but nothing. AGAIN.

I would not come here to post anything if Linda actually responds to my communication attempt. Before telling me not to post here, go and check with Linda.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    Crossway likes this.
  23. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

OK , enough is enough and STOP Lying! You want a refund on a product which has been deprecated a few years now and has Nothing to do with CTAA and you have NOT provided Linda the requested details which you know what they are, it is not the decleration form. What you are doing is slander and I will be requesting the mods to remove any irrelevant post's you have made. You can PM me derectly if you like to chat further. You have caused us irrevocable damage already with your continuing irrelevant slanderous and threatening posts, we will no longer be able to help you if you keep this up.

=============================================================
    CTAA_V3_HDRP.jpg

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  24. castor76

castor76

@LIVENDA_LABS I wanted to write in length here. But I decided to give another chance. PMed you.

But I will write this.

Have I Lied about anything? NO. If you want me to not post here, Tell Linda to respond or you do. If you didn't like my "form" then you should have replied back saying so. Instead you ignored my email.

-- Edit --
    Still waiting after one day.
    Still waiting after 3 day
    Still waiting after 10 day

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  25. niflying

niflying

Come on, It is time to release the V3 now.

26. yoMatriax

yoMatriax

Maybe they are waiting to sales ends, 4dec, to release the V3 at full price ¿? or will be V3 updated from the actual pack, so people who purchases v2 now at 50% will have access to V3 too?

LIVENDA_LABS likes this.
  27. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Yes it's coming very soon, we are just waiting for all these sale events to finish as not to confuse anyone and also risk our current sale if anything goes wrong in the submission process. So as soon as they are complete we will be submitting V3

Bartolomeus755 likes this.
  28. ansjuan

ansjuan

Hello,

I purchased your asset and I have been testing it, it works great but I have found an issue. When loading a scene, the CTAA_PC component seems to be active on the camera but it is not working, I have to deactivate it and reactivate it on the inspector so it can work, is this a normal issue? how can I fix it?

Many thanks in advance

29. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi,

Thanks for your purchase, and No, this is not normal behaviour. Something else must be interfering with it. Can you please contact us directly with as much information as possible such as Unity version, project settings and all other plugins you are using so we can better resolve your issue, thanks again!

Michael

===========================================================================================
    CTAA_V3_HDRP.jpg

30. castor76

castor76

@LIVENDA_LABS I wanted to write in length here. But I decided to give another chance. PMed you.

But I will write this.

Have I Lied about anything? NO. If you want me to not post here, Tell Linda to respond or you do. If you didn't like my "form" then you should have replied back saying so. Instead you ignored my email.

-- Edit --
    Still waiting after one day.
    Still waiting after 3 day
    Still waiting after 10 day
    Still waiting after 14 day
    Still waiting after 22 day

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  31. niflying

niflying

Hey Guys,
    Where is the V3? Did you find it?

32. niflying

niflying

Come on. Where's the V3?
    It should be released on one month ago.
    I'd like to talk about this on asset store review with one star if There's no v3 still.

33. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

We will be submitting V3 as soon as the Sale event's are completed which I beleive it to be on the 4th-6th January. We are ready to go and are cetain everyone will be extremely happy with the new enhancements as well as HDRP support.

Merry Christmas to Everyone!

34. localhost

localhost

Will you be giving refunds to people who purchased the old version?

35. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

will the update be free, because that's why I got it in the first place aka hdrp?

36. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Considering Livenda has never done that, don't get your hopes up.

Also if you go for v3 and it actually has HDRP this time around (remember they promoted upcoming HDRP during v1 sales already), do note that there's nothing stopping Livenda from giving only support for 2019.4 LTS and then coming up with paid v4 update moment after 2020.3 LTS or whatever newer version ships that requires big changes to the package.

Also remember that CTAA source code is obfuscated so you can't fix things on your own either.

TL;DR: Just be aware what you sign up for.

Justin_Wingfall likes this.
  37. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

GREAT NEW!

CTAA V3 with complete HDRP Support together with multiple other enhancement will be submited to the Asset Store by Friday this week. All Unity versions starting from 2019 are supported. Stay tuned for full details, we are hoping Unity will approve it swiftly.

38. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

We just completed final editing to our latest video, "Apollo's Dream", and it will be coming soon to our YouTube channel.
    Using an older version of CTAA.

LIVENDA_LABS likes this.
  39. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

40. Crossway

Crossway

I found Unity TAA a lot more better because when I use CTAA and I rotate camera around my character ghosting is awful even I set everything to zero but still a lot ghosting when I rotate camera. Layer mask doesn't work either.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    dsilverthorn likes this.
  41. Dark-1-Games

Dark-1-Games

Hi!
    CTAA is breaking HDR with multiple cameras when toggled on and off.

We have a two-camera setup, where the first camera renders some objects, the second camera clears only depth and renders other objects, and also has a bloom PP effect attached.

Here's a video demonstration of the issue:
    Dark-1 (dark-1.com)

42. Yavvn

Yavvn

Any updates on the launch?

iceb_ likes this.
  43. iceb_

iceb_

Yeah it's been a while, was there any problems with the product submission to the Unity Asset Store?

44. swantonb

swantonb

Can this asset handle dual cameras? Like one camera that renders the world and one that renders only hands and weapon? I have a friend who sais its impossible but ive been looking into many assets and i cant find something that is suitable for me...maybe this asset will help me...please?

Edit: my friend showed me that when he uses this asset with the double camera setup the depth only layer goes to the same camera and they both are rendered in one camera therefore the weapon and hands will clip through walls..can that be fixed? We cant be the only ones who are building an fps around here, are we? Is it really impossible or he doing something wrong

45. swantonb

swantonb

46. DGordon

DGordon

I'm not getting OnMouseDown events when I use this in Orthographic mode. Can this only be used in perspective properly?

47. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Were very excited to announce the all new CTAA V3 for 2021 is available now and all previous customers can upgrade from their previous license at a tremendously discounted price. CTAA has been the Leading Temporal Anti-Aliasing Solution for Unity since 2014 and it's only getting better with our users support!

For new users V3 is on Sale for two weeks, SAVE 50% Normally $96 Now Only $49

CTAA_V3_with_HDRP_Released.jpg

CTAA NXT V3 2021 is a Major upgrade with full support for HDRP as well as providing significant Quality and performance improvements accross the board for all available Render pipelines for PC + All VR devices.

HDRP INTEGRATION:

There are two packages in the CTAA HDRP Folder. For new scene import the CTAAHDRP with_demo package. This will also import CTAA Demo content and override Default HDRP settings to show how CTAA can be integrated.

CTAAV3_HDRP_SCRIPTS_ONLY has No demo files and no HDRP settings. Use this package to integrate CTAA into ongoing projects without changing your projects hdrp settings.

Please read the included instructions after download as there are slight differences depending on which version of HDRP you are using.

Last but not least we are now working on complete URP support and should not be much longer, this will be a FREE update for All V3 users.

All the best
    Michael

Livenda Labs

Bartolomeus755 and mgear like this.
  48. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

@LIVENDA_LABS can you explain in detail which parts of v3 code are obfuscated? For example, all integration code, only shader code, something else?

49. iceb_

iceb_

@LIVENDA_LABS I just purchased the V3 asset, and using HDRP settings. In the demo scene, I'm toggling the CTAA_PC script on and off, and the Enabled On and Off. Unity TAA is on by default as in the Readme, and I cannot see ANY difference between CTAA on or off at all. Using Unity 2020.3.1, any ideas?

50. iceb_

iceb_

I just tested it on 2019.4.8 as well, the effect difference between the Unity HDRP TAA and CTAA seems to be very minor, that I had to spend a lot of time in exact situations to notice the difference. I'll have to do more tests in other situations to see if there is a significant difference.