Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[V3 RELEASED!] CTAA V3 ' CINEMATIC TEMPORAL ANTI-ALIASING ' now with HDRP

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LIVENDA_LABS, Jan 29, 2018.

1. CianNoonan

CianNoonan

I'm a bit disappointed by the latest v2.0 version of CTAA.

The issue where you cannot query the mouse position reliably due to the camera jitter not being cleaned up persists. This pollutes the camera with the jittered frustum for the entire frame rather than just for the period needed by CTAA.

If anyone else is having this issue, you just need to simply move these lines from jitterCam() to the end of OnRenderImage().

base.GetComponent<Camera>().ResetWorldToCameraMatrix();
    base.GetComponent<Camera>().ResetProjectionMatrix();

Unfortunately, you have to make this change every time you update the plugin. It'd be much better if this was either an option in the UI or the default.

keeponshading and tspk91 like this.
  2. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi,

Thanks for the info! We will make sure to include this Option in the next update.

=========================================================================================
    CTAA NXT V2 ' Cinematic Temporal Anti-Aliasing ' for PC & VR
    RELEASED AND AVAILABLE NOW

HAVE YOUTAKEN THE nXT STEP?​

ALL PREVIOUS CUSTOMERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO UPGRADE TO RECEIVE FUTURE UPDATES / ENHANCEMENTS/ FIXES

NEXT GENERATION CTAA NXT V2 UPDATES CHANGES and FIXES

- CTAA NXT V2 NEXT GENERATION VERSION is a Major upgrade from the previous version.

- 2 METHODS OF CUSTOM LAYER SELECTION ADDED! You can now Exclude CTAA Temporal Anti-Aliasing from any Object or GUI Elements and it's Easy! When using the new Supersampling addition, custom layer selection script can be used, if not, the default method should be used which is explained in the Documentation Update file.

- Layer Exclusion works for All versions including all VR versions, so it is easy to eg. exclude the GUI elements from CTAA for crisp and clear UI

- All other third-party Post effects such as the Unity Post processing Stack V2 works with layer exclusions

- 2 SUPERSAMPLING Methods, CinaSoft and CinaUltra Added. These can be used together with CTAA at the same time to achieve the Ultimate Anti-Aliasing for very Demanding scenes and true next-gen AAA look.

- CTAA for PC now checks resolution changes automatically and scales all required render targets, eliminating dark outline anomalies and proving a much more robust usage workflow.

- CTAA PC GUI is updated, MSAA can now be controlled from within CTAA UI

- More Demo scenes added for each version for PC and VR outlining the new updates and usage methods.

- More prefabs added for quick start for PC and VR. Prefabs are also available for layer selection setup

- Single Pass VR mode is now Clearer with more accurate motion vectors

UNITY ASSET STORE

3. NUKKschocke

NUKKschocke

Unfortunately, sending you a cut down project is problematic due to its size (4.5GB zipped) and the fact that cutting it down is an involved endeavor that would probably take days (lots of huge FBX files and a lot of involved scripts all referencing each other in some way).

Would it be possible to schedule a remote troubleshoot via TeamViewer?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  4. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Yeah sure, no problem, just contact me on info@livenda.com and we can arrange a time, cheers.

5. DeadNinja

DeadNinja

Im seeing major image quality degradation in vr when using ctaa (tested 1.8-2.0). On unity 2019.2.5f1 - now matter if im using sps/multicam/steamvr prefabs.
    CTAA 2 OFF
    ctaa_off.png
    CTAA 2 ON
    ctaa_on.png

6. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

It is impossible to tell from single images, can you please provide us with a sample project, also, from the images it looks like just a flat plane with a emissive texture. CTAA provides unprecedented AA quality in VR compared to any other solution, we also suggest to use the Multipass version either in OpenVR or Oculus SDK for best quality.

=========================================================================================
    UNITY ASSET STORE

HAVE YOUTAKEN THE nXT STEP?

ALL PREVIOUS CUSTOMERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO UPGRADE TO RECEIVE FUTURE UPDATES / ENHANCEMENTS/ FIXES

- CTAA NXT V2 NEXT GENERATION VERSION is a Major upgrade from the previous version.

- 2 METHODS OF CUSTOM LAYER SELECTION ADDED! You can now Exclude CTAA Temporal Anti-Aliasing from any Object or GUI Elements and it's Easy! When using the new Supersampling addition, custom layer selection script can be used, if not, the default method should be used which is explained in the Documentation Update file.

- Layer Exclusion works for All versions including all VR versions, so it is easy to eg. exclude the GUI elements from CTAA for crisp and clear UI

- All other third-party Post effects such as the Unity Post processing Stack V2 works with layer exclusions

- 2 SUPERSAMPLING Methods, CinaSoft and CinaUltra Added. These can be used together with CTAA at the same time to achieve the Ultimate Anti-Aliasing for very Demanding scenes and true next-gen AAA look.

- CTAA for PC now checks resolution changes automatically and scales all required render targets, eliminating dark outline anomalies and proving a much more robust usage workflow.

- More Demo scenes added for each version for PC and VR outlining the new updates and usage methods.

- More prefabs added for quick start for PC and VR. Prefabs are also available for layer selection setup

UNITY ASSET STORE

7. DeadNinja

DeadNinja

It doesnt matter as i say early if i using single or multi pass vr, specialized prefabs or organizing it by myself. Here sample project (just add ctaa nxt to it and place prefabs under cpecialy named go) https://yadi.sk/d/5PphRTrH9TdruA It contains sample scene and prefab on which ctaa fail. I cannot provide screens from main game due nda but its seems that ctaa mainly dont like emission strips and vfx graph particles (on legacy pipeline).

8. DeadNinja

DeadNinja

I dont think that its valid solutions for problem but its work for me now
    1. Using FXAA before CTAA gives me desired result.
    2. Using Beautify with high sharpness after CTAA also seems to fixing frame degradation.

9. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi, CTAA NXT V2.1 Update Released Today, significantly improving quality in OpenVR and SinglePass VR and is faster. We strongly encourage you to update. You really do not need to use Beautify (however if this gives you what you like, no problem), you can just increase the adaptive sharpness in CTAA. Also if you increase temporal frame blending you will get more stability.

Important :: Decreasing jitter scale in VR is also a great option, this will provide sharper results. The reason for this is there is already 'inherent' sub-pixel jitter coming from the VR headset tracker (You can never be completely still / stationary in VR) , the slightest almost indiscernible head motion provides substantial sub-pixel jitter already so no point in artificially introducing more jitter.

CTAA NXT V2.1 UPDATE RELEASED TODAY, CHANGES and FIXES
    - OPENVR (VIVE) Multipass VR :: Quality improvement and performance gains by eliminating 4-dependent texture reads

- SPS VR (Single Pass Stereo VR) :: Quality improvement and performance gains by eliminating 4-dependent texture reads

========================================================================

UNITY ASSET STORE

UNITY ASSET STORE

10. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I have sent another email to you this morning (USA time) looking for the link to the upgrade. I purchased off your site.
    Please let me know what I need to do. I sent the purchase number, also the old link does not even work, so I cannot download the purchased asset for my new project.

Looking forward to your response.

David Silverthorn

11. ColtonKadlecik_VitruviusVR

ColtonKadlecik_VitruviusVR

Hey there, Does this work in VR in Unity 2019.3 on the Universal RP (Single-Pass Instanced)? Would love to buy this if it does. Thanks!

12. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi David, certainly, we will send you a Voucher code soon, we are just waiting for new ones from Unity, until then we are happy to send you a direct download link to the latest version, thanks.

We are currently working on this, hopefully should not be much longer.

========================================================================

UNITY ASSET STORE

UNITY ASSET STORE

13. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

14. ColtonKadlecik_VitruviusVR

Thanks, looking forward to the Single-Pass Instanced Support!

15. iceb_

iceb_

I just purchased CTAA2, will it be available for HDRP (2019.2 and 2019.3) soon? Thanks!

16. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi, Thanks. We are currently working on HDRP integration as it only became possible recently to do so as there was no way to do custom effects before. I cannot provide a specific time frame however we like to enable this as quick as possible, so should not be much longer if everything goes accordingly and provided Unity doesn't do any drastic changes. thanks again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BLACK FRIDAY SALE IS ON!
    NEW CTAA NXT V2.1 SAVE 50%
    ASSET STORE
    The leading Cinematic Temporal Anti-Aliasing solution for UNITY PC & VR

https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...xt-v2-cinematic-temporal-anti-aliasing-153092

17. guni32

guni32

I purchased a previous version on your site. Do I understand correctly that upgrading to a new version costs money?

18. Runeheads

Runeheads

I'm in a similar situation: I bought the previous version from the asset store and it seems I need to pay the new update.

19. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

The new CTAA NXT V2.1 is a small paid upgrade for all previous license holders. This has been asked before please look in the forum. This is a major upgrade with significant new features and it enables us to support CTAA and keepup with all Unity Changes and developments. If you have purchased CTAA directly from our own store, please contact us, thanks​

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CYBER SALE IS ON!
    NEW CTAA NXT V2.1 SAVE 50%
    ASSET STORE
    The leading Cinematic Temporal Anti-Aliasing solution for UNITY PC & VR

20. -Singularity-

-Singularity-

Hi, very interested in this, how can I get a version compatible with 2017.3?

21. EstudioVR

EstudioVR

I have CTAA vs 1. Vs 2 is a new buy or an update price? Version 2.1 is included on vs 2.0?

22. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

We can send you a version for 2017 if you wish, however the current latest version should work. You can just download it with later (supported) version of Unity and just make a package out of it then re-import into 2017, let us know if you require any further help, thanks again.

23. fretfingers

fretfingers

Can you please share a link to documentation for use with the Unity Post Processing Stack V2?

24. dienat

dienat

i bought V1 and didnt work, when you move the head makes everything like blurry, has no use at all, they just removed the asset and added this one to remove bad comments and even want the ones who bought V1 pay for V2

25. iceb_

iceb_

I would like to know whether CTAA NXT v2 supports SLI/Crossfire, thanks!

26. DumoeDss

DumoeDss

I think it's unfair. We bought V1 at a very high price before, but some problems have not been solved. Now you have released V2, we need to spend 40% of the current price to upgrade to solve the previous bugs, while new users can buy V2 at 50% of the current price. God knows if we will pay to upgrade V3 and V4 in the future to solve your bug.

27. ColtonKadlecik_VitruviusVR

Hey there, Does this work in VR in Unity 2019.3 on the Universal RP (Single-Pass Instanced) in the latest update?

28. RPowers

RPowers

Is there support for LWRP and if not any idea when that will come out? Thanks.

29. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

We have Never claimed CTAA is supported under URP as currently it is impossible to have CTAA supported in URP due to lack of MOTION VECTORS ( https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c.../manual/integration-with-post-processing.html ) and also due lack of features required for custom post effects in URP. Hopefully we should have full support as soon as it is actually possible to do so.

Again, as the previous question, no motion vectors in LWRP

30. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Asked about HDRP upgrade fee last May during sale and got this reply:
    Day after that you commented with possible support coming up, where it seemed possible this only was made to boost sales (it was super clear shortly after you didn't even investigate if this was possible for you to do at the given time):
    I'd say, no surprises here with the asset deprecation and still no HDRP support. I could have ported this to HDRP myself for a long time already but since you actually obfuscated all CTAA shader code, you just made it close to impossible to port / maintain without official support (and after inevitable lack of support like seen here).

This is an issue with Unity Asset Store in general as things like this happen all the time. I really wish Unity would put at least some deprecation time limit for assets participating on major sale as publishers just keep abusing the sales system like seen here. I wish Unity would obligate the publisher to maintain the asset for at least another year, it's not reasonable that asset you buy will only get support for few months.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    keeponshading likes this.
  31. elbows

elbows

Yeah thats entirely consistent with the longstanding modus operandi of this asset store vendor. Promise a lot during periods of promotion, but fail to deliver, then deprecate and focus on a new product that people have to buy again.

Unity asset store doesnt care, never has, and this is one of the main reasons I hardly ever buy anything from the store these days. The forum moderators sometimes care about the shady practices on display, but are relatively powerless to address the underlying issues.

32. keeponshading

keeponshading

After 1.5 years of using CTAA i can only recommend to not build up any dependency on it.
    The obfuscated shader code and support speak for themselves.
    However it delivers an good TAA in BuiltIn RP but the overall service does make it unusable to use in production.

33. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Please READ what we said carefully 'Possible' experimental HDRP support ' , We are still looking at this and at this stage it is Simply Not Possible to have HDRP support due to missing required functions/ features in Unity Custom Post processing. CTAA is not your usual simple plugin.

Again please read what we said carefully, we said 'Possible' experimental HDRP support ' this is NOT a promise. We are constantly trying to incorporate HDRP it is Simply Not Possible to have HDRP support due to missing required functions/ features in Unity Custom Post processing. Please complain to Unity not us, CTAA is not your usual simple plugin.

34. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Again, let me reiterate, we said Possible' experimental HDRP support , as it stands it is Not possible with HDRP, not until a few other required functions are implemented by Unity. If you know a magical way please contact us via e-mail and let us know, we will be more than happy to compensate you very well. If you think it is possible tell us how, we are all ears.

35. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Can you explain what things are missing to get this done? I can't tell the things you need from the obfuscated CTAA source code.

Edit: these resources could help:

HDRP Custom PP Pass docs: https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c...efinition@7.1/manual/Custom-Post-Process.html
    Commandbuffer access: https://docs.unity3d.com/2019.3/Documentation/ScriptReference/Rendering.CommandBuffer.html
    Access to movecs (this setup works on a custom pp shader): https://github.com/Unity-Technologi...ssing/Shaders/TemporalAntiAliasing.shader#L58
    HDRP's Built-in PP order: https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c...1/manual/Post-Processing-Execution-Order.html

Additionally if you need stencil access, this is bit tricky as there's no official user bits on 7.1 HDRP but slot 4 from the internal bitmask is free on 7.1.8: https://github.com/Unity-Technologi...ntime/RenderPipeline/HDRenderPipeline.cs#L195 and you can probably reuse others too if you know what you are doing.

On future HDRP versions they'll have two dedicated user bits freed up:
    https://github.com/Unity-Technologi.../Runtime/RenderPipeline/HDStencilUsage.cs#L31

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  36. maniak_001

maniak_001

@rizu
    I am really reluctant to get involved in this debate, however I want to point out something you may have missed in the earlier discussion.

A link was posted before to a page where Unity themselves say that Temporal Anti-Aliasing is not supported in URP since it lacks Motion Vectors. This affects CTAA since it is a temporal anti-aliasing product.

Please have a look at the following link under the heading Effects that UniversalRP does not support:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c.../manual/integration-with-post-processing.html

I would really like to see TAA in URP as well, but until Unity fixes it we have to wait, or use a different method for AA.

37. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Atm you can't even do custom PP passes for URP's built-in PP system so that's off the table anyway until Unity implements that. As for movec support for URP, it is also coming afaik, but I'm not really looking to get CTAA for URP but for HDRP where movecs are already accesible (I linked code for it on my previous reply).

I'm genuinely curious if there's something that truly stops people from implementing custom PP AA on HDRP because if people need something that's not exposed, Unity has to know about it or nothing will change.

38. Mauri

Mauri

rizu has been talking about the
    HDRP
    , not
    LWRP/URP
    . I too wonder what those "other required functions" are, simply out of curiosity.

39. maniak_001

maniak_001

40. Bahmann

Bahmann

Is there any way to get it running on the Oculus Quest?

41. iceb_

iceb_

Hey, wondering if the HDRP 7.2+ has the functions that's needed yet for CTAA, since it changed so much that it broke some older materials. Thanks!!

42. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Pretty sure 7.1.x already had all the needed things but it's impossible to tell specifically as we don't know what all CTAA requires due to the obfuscation and Livenda didn't respond when asked about this. If they didn't have obfuscation, I would have ported the whole thing over a long time ago already.

I listed the API's / code snippets earlier and I even ported Unity's own TAA to HDRP's custom PP and it did work (!) but I didn't implement camera projection jittering myself. There are callbacks that should let you implement your own subpixel jittering - which I can list too if needed.

43. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

We were waiting for some missing features to become available which is now possible with 7.2, we 'should' have HDRP support in the next update or the subsequent one after the next, thank you.

CTAA is nothing like unity TAA, anyways if all goes well we should have HDRP support soon.

44. iceb_

iceb_

yay best news in a while! Can't wait to combine CTAA with sexy HDRP.

45. Yavvn

Yavvn

Great. I purchased CTAA recently, and you've already deprecated it and are trying to charge me more money.

Nothing says this isn't going to continue to happen over and over again.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  46. Nexusmaster

Nexusmaster

Perfect! I'm looking forward to it! Thx!

47. jjejj87

jjejj87

HDRP support is a must at this point. I hope Livenda knows that.

48. iceb_

iceb_

Any updates on when HDRP version will be ready?

49. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

We certainly do;)

Due to current circumstances as we are in lockdown mode we cannot provide a specific timeframe however we hope to make it available as quick as we are able to.

ALL THE BEST and STAY SAFE !

50. Graham-B

Graham-B

I love CTAA and it's working wonderfully for me, but I've had a question that's been eating at me for the longest time.

In your documentation, what exactly do you mean by "V2 of the post process stack is a little different and CTAA must be placed in the middle of the stack chain?"

I am using V2 post processing stack, and I've basically placed CTAA as the last component (very bottom) on my camera. It seems to be working fine for me, but I've always wondered if I had placed it properly, and if maybe I'd be getting different results by using CTAA in a more proper way.

Thanks!

CianNoonan likes this.