Search Unity

[V3 RELEASED!] CTAA V3 ' CINEMATIC TEMPORAL ANTI-ALIASING ' now with HDRP

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LIVENDA_LABS, Jan 29, 2018.

1. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Sorry for the missunderstanding , NXT is certainly the next version, XT is a separate product, everyone who purchased XT will get NXT when released. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us directly, thanks again!

2. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

Thank You, for clearing this up. :)

One more issue.in the email the rar file saids CTAAXT, but inside in inside it's CTAA_V18_FINAL.unitypakage. When I open up in unity it saids version 1.8, anyway you cam fixed this? Thx again

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  3. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

No problems, thank you again.

4. keeponshading

keeponshading

Could you list please the differences between CTAA Asset Store version and CTAA XT Livenda Website version?

5. talofen

talofen

I bought CTAA on ver 1.7 because HDRP and LWRP were promised...
    Now, I'd like to know if the renaming of the upcoming version 2 means I'm not going to get it.

6. TheFallenOne222

TheFallenOne222

I'm curious about the same as well - been waiting for some (necessary, required to ship) promised features since last November, suddenly concerned they're being pushed to a new product.

tcmeric likes this.
  7. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

First let me make it clear, we NEVER promised HDRP or LWRP, we said we like to incorporate it as soon as it is actually possible, it's not that we don't want to do it, it is essentially impossible to do it now with the current Unity until third party effects are made available for Unity PPV3 or whatever method unity decides (also keep in mind there is no motion vectors in LWRP that's why even the Unity TAA does not work). Please understand that CTAA is unlike other assets, it is not an editor plugin or a 3d model with only shader update.

The next version CTAA NXT V2 is a major upgrade with many awesome new 'Requested' features and much much more. It is almost a brand new product, we will be unveiling this very soon.

8. talofen

talofen

I was pretty sure this meant that HDRP support should have been much longer including LWRP. And this was April 26th.
    Now, can you please clarify if NXT being "almost" a new products means that it will be a paid or free upgrade for existing customers? And when will HDRP and LWRP be supported?

tcmeric likes this.
  9. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Like we said, currently with the latest versions it is not possible, if anyone knows a method we would love to hear from them, there is also the re-named LWRP the Universal Pipeline. Once it is possible it will not take long for us to incorporate it with HDRP. We are hoping Unity opens HDRP post effects to third parties soon.

In regards to CTAA NXT V2, more info should be available soon

10. talofen

talofen

This is not what you said in April. However, I understand you may have difficulties in keeping with your promise of HDRP and LWRP support. (Btw, the renaming of the LWRP should not affect your compatibility).

What is not clear, is whether your new version is going to be a paid upgrade for existing customers like me, or it will be free. If it’s a free upgrade, I will wait to see when you finally will support current pipelines and drop the legacy one.
    If it’s going to be a paid upgrade, I will ask for a total refund of my current version, since I have had zero chance to use it.

Please, clarify you sale policy.

FlightOfOne and CorgiGone like this.
  11. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Let me try to clarify again, please note it is not possible to do this right now as Unity will not allow it and it is still constantly changing with almost zero documentation. CTAA NXT V2 will incur a small upgrade price so we are able to continue to grow our product, provide frequent updates and support the ever changing Unity landscape. This is of great benefit to all our current customers as well as it enables us to stay in business rather than becoming abandon ware.

12. TheFallenOne222

TheFallenOne222

What about the layer masking (excluding specific layers) to make VR text more readable? This was promised ages ago - in fact, it was even stated that you had submitted the update in version 1.6, but it was never actually included.

This is back on November 18th, 2018:

November 29th, 2018:

There is still no such feature in CTAA, and this is a required feature for us to be able to use the product. This post I quoted specifically is why we purchased the product, and we have been unable to use it up to this point, despite you clearly stating we should have been able to since version 1.6 (current version is 1.9).

If you are now stating that this feature will be in a paid update, which is nearly a year after you originally said the update was submitted and included in the product, you're going to be getting a lot of negative reviews, a refund request, and some very concerned emails sent directly to Unity from me, and, I suspect, a lot of other users.

talofen, tcmeric and gurayg like this.
  13. keeponshading

keeponshading

Poke.
    Could you list please the differences between CTAA Asset Store version and CTAA XT Livenda Website version?

14. wightwhale

wightwhale

Oh man really thought this was HDRP compatible when I bought it a week or so ago

talofen likes this.
  15. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

The new upgrade has multiple new features (more on this when released) and will be a small paid update which benefits everyone, like we said before small upgrade price so we are able to continue to grow the product, provide frequent updates and support the changing Unity landscape. This is of great benefit to all our current customers as well enabling us to stay in business rather than becoming abandon ware.

16. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Coming Soon! CTAA NXT V2
    CTAA_NXT_V2.png

17. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

Will there be a automatic email sent out to us who bought NTX or we have to email to get it? Where can I find your email, if the automatic email address isnt the right one, because I emailed you guys a while a good while ago, and still havent heard anything back. Cheers.

18. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

If you bought the XT version you will certainly receive an e-mail as soon as it is available, thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Coming Soon! CTAA NXT V2

19. KiddUniverse

KiddUniverse

you didn't answer any of his questions. if you confirm a feature in a specific version and someone spends money to get that version for that specific feature, and then you don't actually have that feature in that version, and expect someone to pay additional money for something they already paid for, that's just bad business. if you want to save some face you'll at the very least allow that one guy to forgo that additional payment. luckily he's the only guy who's complained about it. if i were you i'd be updating all documents to correctly state what features you actually have.

talofen and tcmeric like this.
  20. talofen

talofen

I request immediate refund.
    I bought it on the promise of HDRP and LWRP upcoming support, and now you make that support a paid upgrade? This is not fair business.

21. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Like we mentioned many many times HDRP will be supported when possible and NEVER promised HDRP or LWRP, it is out of our hands and waiting for Unity. Also HDRP is not part of CTAA NXT V2 as it is basically impossible right now. LWRP also does not have native motion vectors which is required for ANY temporal re-projection effect, even the unity TAA does not work. We have mentioned these points and made it clear on multiple occasions.

22. talofen

talofen

I already quoted the post where you promised this features “very soon” in April. I bought it for that promise. You will not keep that promise? No problem. Just return my money.

23. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

This is what we said which you have quoted ' Current version of CTAA is not supported in the HDRP pipeline, we are working on this at this moment and should not be much longer, including LWRP and finally VR support. Thanks again! '

We said we are working on it, no promises, this was in April and Unity changed HDRP many many times. It is simply NOT possible currently

Brian-Ryer likes this.
  24. CorgiGone

CorgiGone

ok sooo...
    just bought the CTAA XT from your website...
    got the mail with the 1.8 version in it...

Should I ask for a refound ?
    I really thought I was getting the "new" "latest" 1.9 version when purchasing from your website as I want to test the anti-shimmer mode et steamvr adaptive sharpness.

*edit : removed useless negativity, nobody needs that. Let's work this out ;)
    I'm ok with getting a refund for XT and buying from asset store for 1.9

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  25. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi,

Thanks, everyone who purchased XT limited edition will receive CTAA NXT V2 automatically

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Coming Soon! CTAA NXT V2

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  26. talofen

talofen

And those who trusted you even sooner....will not.
    This is unacceptable. I want my money back.
    If you cannot give the promise support for HDRP and LWRP....give money back. Simple as that. It is unacceptable that you push that promised support to a new software. You should have said “cat does not and will not support HDRP and LWRP. A new software will”.

I would not have bought CTAA and waited for a software that supports it.

FlightOfOne likes this.
  27. local306

local306

@LIVENDA_LABS I'm curious about the current promotion for CTAA XT. I saw in July there was a special for upgrading 1.x to 1.8 and get the 2.0 version when it's released. Is 2.0 equivalent to XT, or what are the differences if any?

Does this mean that the 1.x version is at the end of its cycle, and that XT / NXT are the next cycle?

28. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Like I said, we have Never claimed HDRP or LWRP support (we said we are Working on it like any other developer), where are you getting this from?

For one thing we would LOVE to have CTAA working in HDRP it is Just NOT possible yet, contact Unity for them to enable third party plugins with PPV3. You are saying " A new software will " again, we have Never mentioned this, even the new upcoming CTAA NXT V2 does not have HDRP/ LWRP support, not possible period. Please contact us directly so we can see what we can do.

29. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

XT version was a limited time sale product (More options in the SP Stereo mode and only SP stereo VR) nothing to do with Asset Store version.

CTAA NXT V2 is the next product, V1.x will be deprecated. If you have bought CTAA V1.x recently, there will be a grace period for you to update to the new product free of charge.

Coming Soon! CTAA NXT V2

dsilverthorn likes this.
  30. talofen

talofen

RadioFolk, we have been scammed. Plain and simple.
    After all, in this forum there were numerous posts of people they already scammed in the past. I have to admit, they were right.

I already wrote that I request full refund, but it seems they are not willing to refund a dime.

Scam. That’s it.

31. local306

local306

Thanks for the reply @LIVENDA_LABS.

Will the SPS VR upgrades from XT make their way into v2 NXT when it releases?

32. talofen

talofen

If I were you, i’d Ask exactly what “recently” means for him, and I’d save that info. In case of future dispute, should you deny the free upgrade like they are doing with me.

33. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Yes they certainly will, cheers.

Coming Soon! CTAA NXT V2

gamejen and local306 like this.
  34. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Could you please refrain from vague, negative comments? Just calling someone a scammer just doesn't work here. If you have had a bad customer experience, please leave it as a review on the Asset Store or be more constructive/rational in your posting here.

dsilverthorn and LIVENDA_LABS like this.
  35. CorgiGone

CorgiGone

Ok. No answer for 2 days.
    When I buy a software from a publisher I expect the latest version.
    Buying CTAA XT only gives me access to the Unity Asset store 1.8 CTAA .
    They didnt even change the readme. It's plain and simple the exact same 1.8 version from the store.
    I was expecting the latest version 1.9
    Alot of time wasted, it's like talking to a wall. I filed a dispute on paypal. Pretty sad.

dsilverthorn likes this.
  36. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

I should point out that chargebacks/disputes will likely get your Unity account suspended because they go against the Terms of Service. You may want to reach out to the Support team about more information regarding this.

dsilverthorn likes this.
  37. elbows

elbows

In this case I think they are talking about a sale they made directly on Livendas website, rather than via the asset store. But that isnt clear from that last message, have to read some of the history to pick up on this detail.

dsilverthorn likes this.
  38. talofen

talofen

I already left my negative review on the Asset Store. And if someone wants to check, I waited 4 months before leaving it. Plus, I am currently listed as version 1.7, which shows I bought it for the promised HDRP support, which never came. I patiently waited for it, and I’m sorry I lost my patience when I understood that that promised support was being pushed to another asset, which requires an additional payment. I find this policy disputable to say the least. They did not offer a free upgrade, they did not comply with my request for refund.

Btw, the post was in response to a post from RadioFolk, that was then deleted. I should have quote it, but I didn’t...and now that it’s deleted my post seems not to make sense.

Edit: the developer answered my review, and he said “When Unity makes available Third party integration with HDRP, we will immediately support this, why wouldn't we.” Which is not what they are saying here. If they simply kept updating this software, I would have continued to patiently wait for HDRP support like I did for 4 months. “We will immediately support this” but you will not get that support if you don’t shell out more money. THIS is what I find dishonest.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    tcmeric and dsilverthorn like this.
  39. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

I'm going to keep this short as you don't seem to understand and deliberately making up misinformation. Again, WE HAVE NEVER PROMISED HDRP IN A PARTICULAR VERSION, Read our previous posts. Again, we said we are working on it and NO promise of what version it will be available for.

You said " promised support was being pushed to another asset, which requires an additional payment " This is blatantly wrong! Like we said even the NEW upcoming version does not have HDRP support, it has many other awesome new features and other features requested by others.

HDRP SUPPORT IS NOT POSSIBLE WITH CURRENT UNITY FOR ANY PLUGIN NOT JUST CTAA, I am writing in caps so it might make it a little clearer for you.

Here are links to help you out:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/hdrp-new-post-processing-extending.624166/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Unity3D/comments/bs2rs2/writing_custom_postprocess_effects_for_the_hd/

https://medium.com/another-angle/custom-post-processing-using-hdrp-in-unity-2019-x-60302a2fa1e0

Coming Soon! CTAA NXT V2

ozzgirlrpg and gamejen like this.
  40. talofen

talofen

In the reply to my review you say “when Unity makes available Third party integration with HDRP, we will immediately support this”.
    You just omitted that you “Will immediately support this” on another asset. Not on the one the review was referring to, since it’s been declared end-of-cycle by you.

Now, if it’s (another) innocent mistake, you should correct it ASAP, state clearly that the current asset will never get that support (not now, not when possible, never), say that you’re sorry for the mess and actively try to find a solution.
    If instead it’s a deliberate method to push people into buying (very expensive) assets twice....refrain from those practices. They hurt your customers, and ultimately hurt your own business.

41. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Ah okay. Yes! Suspensions via chargebacks only happen if the purchase was made via the Asset Store. We can't see your actions outside of this.

42. gamejen

gamejen

Fantastic product! Is there a way to exclude Layers/ objects or UI in the next version? thanks

jacodavis likes this.
  43. jacodavis

jacodavis

Just bought it and looks insane compared to unity TAA, how do we exlude UI? I tried a second camera but it's a no go as it is not occluded by other objects in the scene

44. tcmeric

tcmeric

Currently useless without being able to exclude UI.

talofen likes this.
  45. jacodavis

jacodavis

Well as far as I can see there is no way to exclude anything in unity TAA (very blurry and they have deleted all options in the latest version) or even the Unreal Engine TAA. If liveda can include this that will be the first and a very welcome feature.

46. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

CTAA NXT V2 Features will be announced soon, we have some surprises in store, so to speak...

Bartolomeus755 likes this.
  47. zeohn8

zeohn8

Hello guys! I have a question for you. I always had problems with dynamic objects moving behind walls, because they cause ghosting effects, either the camera is static or not. You can see the silouette of the objects (cars, crowd, etc.) moving behind these walls always and it makes a non desirable effect. It seems that, if I put those objects in the Transparent Render Queue, CTAA works perfect and the objects don't produce this effect, but of course they need to be part of the Geometry Render Queue. This ghost effect doesn't happen if the wall is near to the camera, but if you go far the wall, the effect appears.

I have tried changing the priority in the Render Queue of the material created by the CTAA script, but nothing seems to change. Can you please help me to improve this ghosting effect?

Attached Files:

48. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi,

Which version are you using, we cannot replicate what you are mentioning, is the Dynamic object Tag script attached to the moving object? are they on a different layer, do you have any other cameras in the scene, Thanks!

49. CianNoonan

CianNoonan

What is this Dynamic object tag script? I have this exact issue and its a huge problem for us. I don't seem to have any script like that in the package what is it called and how does it work?

Is this a VR only script? How do you prevent the same issue with CTAA PC

50. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi,

Yes it is a VR only script, not needed for PC version, we cannot seem to replicate the issue mentioned are you able to provide us a small custom project perhaps.