Search Unity

[v2.0 soon] Racing Game Starter Kit - Easily create racing games!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Ian094, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Zeeppo-Games

Zeeppo-Games

Not worth it.

2. ShantekDev

ShantekDev

Soo.. Is this getting any closer to coming out?

3. jaberwocky

jaberwocky

Hello! I had the Beta Version 2.1 and had basically given up on this project, but then I dug it out again and wanted to play with it. I get the message thanking me for being part of the Beta and saying that I should look at the RGSK screen in the editor to update to the current version but I don't really see where it says that. Can someone help? Thanks in advance!

4. sweetpeachgames

sweetpeachgames

It's sad that a huge project like this, that can help so many people does not have a dedicated team behind it. I appreciate the dedication of the dev but c'mon... it's a dead project at this rate of progress.
    I'll stick with the V1 with tears in my eyes. :(

5. Ian094

Ian094

It’s not dead. The update is still under development.

I should do a better job in communicating, but I feel like at this point it would be best to keep quiet until the update is in a release-ready state.

I put an immense amount of effort into RGSK to get it to the level that I would like it to be. I believe I am laying a good foundation for RGSK which is so very important (from lessons I learned with v1).

This update has been through development hell but it hasn’t been in vain and I believe it will come out better in the end which is what matters.

The update will be a new beginning for this asset.

I hope you all have happy holidays!

mgsvevo, mitis, Rontr0n and 1 other person like this.
  6. mitis

mitis

hi Well, listen to the beautiful speech, but I personally have heard from you for several years now that the development is about to be ready, you can see the result of the work tired at all done yes those who bought your asset I hope this is that a new update will be released soon Well, so far in my opinion no yes yes nothing new

7. mitis

mitis

Personally, I am already waiting for the fourth year, every time I write to you, my friend, You are telling me that it’s in development, it’s about to be ready, but I haven’t seen anything yet

khushalkhan likes this.
  8. ShantekDev

ShantekDev

Any further progress on this? It's currently on sale and people are buying with the promise of an update coming very soon, I almost feel sorry for all those customers buying it if it keeps going the way it has been

9. derkoi

derkoi

10. speedy19802

speedy19802

@derkoi
    Hello yes I use this accet too. the ki is really very good. but it is still under development . but it is very good .

11. Zeeppo-Games

Zeeppo-Games

Yes, Glauco Vehicle System seems to be the best option to racing AI on the store. But U$ 100 is too much...

12. mitis

mitis

Remind me what year you say that it will be released soon I bought your asset in 2018 and you said that version 2 will be released soon 4 years have already passed and how many more weeks to wait months or years?

13. mitis

mitis

I bought this asset in 2018 and then the author wrote to me that 4 years have already passed

14. mitis

mitis

Yes, yes, yes, we have already been waiting for 4 years, how long should we wait or not wait already

15. Atzig

Atzig

5+ years of waiting here. I should've just learned to code my own kit. This isn't coming out anytime soon.

16. mitis

mitis

Yes, only the author says something else, he always says that it will be released soon

17. wilxr

wilxr

almost 7 years of waiting, for me this project is dead, it has potential, but it is forgotten by the author

18. Zeeppo-Games

Zeeppo-Games

He should have some shame and give us a refund

19. Atzig

Atzig

I understand your frustration very much but I disagree about the shame part. There's a ton of assets available to make racing games, many of which are better just more work intensive.

To me, it's pretty simple. The dev wildly over estimated their ability to get this project released and we believed them each time they said it was close. After a few years of this, we really should've learned and moved forward on our own.

And seriously, what are the features being promised by RGSK 2.0 that we're all hanging onto? That can't be handled by another system? I really don't remember.

20. Zeeppo-Games

Zeeppo-Games

It's not the case of getting another asset or doing it by ourselves. It's the case of buying something because of a promise that the developer couldn't deliver and, because of that, ask for refund. I am developing my game without RGSK. It's almost done. No problem, his promise didn't change anything. I just want my money back. The developer lied to us and I want a compensation for that.

21. mitis

mitis

Yes, he won’t return the money to us, it would be a shame to answer a letter, I wrote to him today and last week he just earned money and feeds us breakfast now

22. mitis

mitis

If you are not dead, then answer the message when they write to you before buying your asset, you immediately answered, but now what?

23. Ian094

Ian094

Hey everyone,

I understand your concern and frustration with the development of this asset.

Please do not mistake my silence for abandonment. I would never abandon this asset without first making a public announcement here and removing it from the asset store.

I have been busy working on this update, and after many many iterations, it is taking shape so I kindly request a bit more patience.

I am thankful that RGSK still has a following and hope to see it grow in popularity after the update is released.

mgsvevo and khushalkhan like this.
  24. HappyNoodle

HappyNoodle

You bought the asset for the materials included, not for the promise of v2.0. I don't think they should refund you. If you are developing your game without RGSK, why are you still here?

Still following your development! Hope you are doing well, despite the negativity!

mgsvevo likes this.
  25. mitis

mitis

Hello, listen, you always write that it is in development and acquire some form, but what we don’t know and don’t see, and THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU DON’T WRITE ABOUT THE RELEASE TIME YOU DON’T THINK THOSE WHO BUY YOUR ASSET HAVE BEEN VERY VERY VERY LONG BY THIS BELIEVE YOU ABOUT THAT HERE IS SOON A NEW VERSION WILL BE RELEASED SOON THIS IS YOUR SOON I'LL BE HEARING FROM YOU FROM 2018

26. Zeeppo-Games

Zeeppo-Games

No, no. I've bought because of the promise. As you can see in the asset store, it says:
    Notice: A very big update has been in development and is due to be released soon! Please visit the forum thread for any news on the update. Thank you.
    Once I won't have it, I got to develop my game by myself and want my money back because he couldn't deliver what he has promised. I think at least he should remove the promise from the asset store, otherwise it's deliberate cheating.

derkoi likes this.
  27. Zeeppo-Games

Zeeppo-Games

Agreed.
    And it's incredible how there is people defending him here.
    @Ian094. if you are unable to deliver this version, please remove the mention about it in Asset Store so no one else (like me) will buy it hoping for v2.

28. mitis

mitis

I bought an asset in 2018 and then he said that version 2 was in development and would be released soon, so what? he wrote not long ago and never once said when the release is exactly what pisses me off

29. mitis

mitis

I agree and the best, I think we should all together send a class action lawsuit to those support to delete his asset or account if he deceives us

Zeeppo-Games likes this.
  30. c0646153

c0646153

Thing is: this cannot be tweaked to achieve arcade vehicle style, like kart games. I was waiting V2 release to try this one more time but it's only sadness when i come here...

31. c0646153

c0646153

And i agree that the promise is the problem. This 2.0 joke is hard to swallow.

32. magique

magique

I think it's not unusual for a project to take longer than expected and I certainly can forgive a lot of promises broken, but in this case I have to point out one thing that makes it impossible for me to ever believe that 2.0 is ever coming out. In a direct message conversation, I had asked the author about a rough estimate on the release of version 2.0. I said is it going to be weeks or months? And here is what the author said:

"A rough estimate would be a week. Definitely not months."

That response was 5 and a half years ago.

33. Ategian

Ategian

It's soon, now?

34. Ian094

Ian094

A short video showcasing the workflow in 2.0. This goes over what a general setup of a race scene looks like in the update. Some things are subject to change.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    serega19921425 and holo69 like this.
  35. mahmudhassan

mahmudhassan

Nice but release it.

Ategian and Zeeppo-Games like this.
  36. ShantekDev

ShantekDev

Anything new on this? Or anyone have a good alternative pack to use?

37. mahmudhassan

mahmudhassan

38. holo69

holo69

Hello,
    i have a problem when try to integrate RCC rcc_error.jpg Cant get further:(

39. holo69

holo69

I cant use the this asset, but i only buy this because of the integration of RCC

40. marcell123455

marcell123455

Hey holo69,

looks like the RGSK scrips are outdated. Take a look in the RCC_CarControllerV3 script for example. Does this script contain a variable like "gasInput" ? if so. is the name of the class inside a namespace? if so you have to add the namespace at the top in the RGSK scripts.

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/Namespaces.html

like "using RCC" in case the namespace is called RCC for example.

Ian094 likes this.
  41. holo69

holo69

Thank you, i will try that out!

42. BegetaBlack

BegetaBlack

When release (ver. 2.0)?

43. Ian094

Ian094

A video showcasing the basics of setting up a vehicle in the upcoming 2.0 update.

serega19921425 and Friction like this.
  44. Friction

Friction

Hello, new update looks great!
    I used it before with RCC integration.
    Will it still support RCC?
    Thank you!

Ian094 likes this.
  45. Ian094

Ian094

Yes, the update will still support RCC.

I plan on adding support for many 3rd party vehicle physics so that you have a variety to choose from.

serega19921425 likes this.
  46. HASSANHR

HASSANHR

is there an ETA for the release date?

47. Ian094

Ian094

I don't want to give an ETA just yet.

The 2 main issues at the moment are:
    • UI - the UI system is complete and works great - screens are independent and are managed by a persistent UI manager. The area that is unfinished is the UI element binding. I am using a temporary solution for now which allows you to independently select the info that a text/image should show. It works well but it’s not very ideal so I am working on that.
    • AI - the AI system is at a very basic stage at the moment. AI can navigate a route well, but many parts of their logic is unfinished e.g. the avoidance logic.

Once these issues are solved, the update will be submitted shortly afterward.

Thanks, and stay tuned for any updates!

48. mitis

mitis

No offense, but you just always say that soon your soon is when no one knows forever the same thing

49. Ian094

Ian094

No offense taken.

It’s obvious that it has been a big struggle for me to get this update released. I have been stuck in burnout many times throughout the development of this update, but am still pushing forwards and getting it closer to release.

The update is at the finish line with just a handful of issues that need resolving.

holo69 and mitis like this.
  50. mitis

mitis

Listen, stop writing that the finish line is coming soon, I have been hearing from you for 2 years that it will be ready soon, you better tell me when it will be ready, many are sick of these words

Game120 likes this.