Search Unity

[v2.0 soon] Racing Game Starter Kit - Easily create racing games!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Ian094, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Ian094

Ian094

Have you added a player vehicle to the Race Manager?

Also, could you please let me know what RGSK version you are using - v1.1.0 or v2.0 beta?

Thanks.

2. vladmxr

vladmxr

I have V1.1.0. Yes, i have added player vehicle to the race manager.

3. Ian094

Ian094

Ok,

Is there a "Data Loader" gameObject in your scene hierarchy?

In v1.1.0, this is responsible for loading vehicles from a "Resource/Player Vehicles" folder.

Try to disable this gameObject and let me know if it helps.

4. vladmxr

vladmxr

It works, thank you very much!

Ian094 likes this.
  5. Simonfrapps

Simonfrapps

HI guys,

Im trying to enable the mobile controlls and when i try to select the input device just appears "keyboard" and Xbox, as you see i still see the mobile IU but when i try to play with it, it doesnt work.

anyone?

6. user099

user099

Try to change your build-settings to mobile

7. saad107

saad107

I don't have beta 2.0 assets i really want this assets because i don't have money to puechase this assets and i just want complete my game some one give me please

8. user099

user099

send a pm to ian with your order number. then you have a chance to receive the beta.

9. saad107

saad107

How to add another playable car model in RGSK main menu any one have tutorial help me

10. saad107

saad107

Bro cai i send you my gmail

11. saad107

saad107

12. user099

user099

send your order-number to Intense_Gamer94, he is the creator of rgsk.

Ian094 likes this.
  13. Ian094

Ian094

In v1.1.0, you will need to set the Input Type in the vehicle prefab itself in the PlayerControl component. By default, it is set to automatic so when running on a mobile platform it will use mobile UI controls and on a non-mobile platform it will use keyboard / xbox controller input.

The input management has been completely revamped in the 2.0 beta. It's worth checking out.

Thanks.

14. mitis

mitis

Yes, spit, you convinced me then that soon a new version will be released, I bought so much waiting and got a raw asset not left unfinished asset and there I found that there is no physics of other assets even though you said that you will get integration with it after payment with this asset (MoDyEn) and now some time has passed and again not completed garbage left for you which doesn't even work on mobile phones and therefore I ask when it will be ready you are stupid even for some time you don’t say only every time soon version 2.0 When did you remind me? for a long time if you don’t decide this question I’ll be forced to turn to the site administration so that they accept Mary if a person addresses you with a question you don’t need to say or promise that you don’t really understand me an idiot WE DIDN'T PAY YOU FOR THIS AND SID WAIT FOR YEARS WHEN YOU FINISH IT

15. jaberwocky

jaberwocky

I think we are all a bit frustrated but insults and threats are inappropriate. For what I paid, I am more than happy with what I got. It is a framework and was never advertised to do everything. Something doesn't work the way you want? Program it yourself ! Want a game that you just have to add your art assets? Pay a lot more! That being said, perhaps a new Beta would be cool with just the features that have been completed.

Ian094 and Greg-Bassett like this.
  16. Ian094

Ian094

Hi,

I understand that 2.0 has been in development for a long time and you are angry about that but there's no need to be so hostile.

After you purchased RGSK a few months ago, you explained to me that you were not happy with it and wanted a refund. I issued a refund for you so I don't understand why you are so upset - you bought the asset and got your money back.

17. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello Everyone,

This is My New Driving Game. Powered By RGSK V1.1.0 and RCC V3.2b

Get it on Google Play

18. rahat090255

rahat090255

Do you support photon realtime multiplayer and also in android?

19. vladmxr

vladmxr

Hi!
    I have a question, can anyone tell me please, what can i do to use RCC and also to can use mobile control? i have imported that package in my project but i can't use RCC with mobile controls.
    Thank you!

20. Ian094

Ian094

21. Ian094

Ian094

I replied to your email.

22. egem2015

egem2015

Hi Ian.

So many time and there is no update.

Your asset did amazing job for me.Thanks,thanks,thanks.

But i have no hope anymore from this asset too:(.

You are only one person and i think things are not going as you thought .

King regards.

23. rahat090255

rahat090255

hey I purchased your Game..But need more information. I mailed on your email mentioned on the documentation I got from the pdf file from the project. My bad luck i did not get any reply

24. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Is this production ready yet or still well into beta? I'm just curious how close this is to shipping on the Asset Store and if there are any major bugs that would make this not production ready for a project?

Greg-Bassett likes this.
  25. Emile97

Emile97

hey , hi... any changeling update on whats has been done so far ?

Greg-Bassett likes this.
  26. facundogalella

facundogalella

At least has the final version of the asset released by modules can be helpful to begin to use it, I think.

I purchased this asset almost 2 years ago and I can't use yet. I'm making many things by myself and looking other solutions for missing points.

Maybe in future projects I could use this asset, but not in my current developments.

27. Ian094

Ian094

Hi,

I'm glad that RGSK has managed to help you.

Let's not lose hope, v2.0 will be released at some point and will be great (as I have mentioned several times before).

I am very passionate towards RGSK 2.0 and I would never give up on its development. We have come a long way and I will keep working on it until release.

I know I am a one man team and developing an asset like RGSK 2.0 with all the features and improvements is a pretty big undertaking but I am making progress and we will see the release at some point in time.

AbhishekRaj and Greg-Bassett like this.
  28. Ian094

Ian094

Hi,

I don't think I have received any emails from you.

Please confirm that you sent to the right email or just PM me here.

29. Ian094

Ian094

Hello,

No, RGSK 2.0 is still a work in progress and is not production ready.

I was certain to have the initial 2.0 release in 2018 but things don't always go the way you want... :(

The only major bug in the beta version is the distance tracking bug which I have fixed by introducing a new way to create tracks / routes thus an improved distance tracking system.

There are still many features that I am working on to make 2.0 complete so I really do not want to publish to the asset store just yet.

AbhishekRaj and JamesArndt like this.
  30. Ian094

Ian094

Hi,

I was hoping to have more dev logs this month but I have only been working on polishing current features and fixing the bugs that I have encountered (I don't think anybody wants to hear about that!)

A significant amount of progress has been made regardless and I am hoping to maybe release a video covering it.

AbhishekRaj likes this.
  31. Ian094

Ian094

Hi,

Yeah, v2.0 seems as if it has been in development forever.

I wish I could get things done more rapidly but there is just so much to cover and test that I sometimes feel overwhelmed.

I am passionate about racing games (I play them all the time :)) so I want to make 2.0 perfect and suitable for development of all types of racing / driving games. A goal this big can not be achieved overnight hence why I am taking my time to develop something that will not only help you and everyone waiting now but future developers.

The racing game genre will always have a big fan base and I hope RGSK 2.0 and beyond will help developers all across the world keep developing them.

AbhishekRaj likes this.
  32. Ian094

Ian094

Merry Christmas Everybody!

Happy holidays!

AbhishekRaj and jaberwocky like this.
  33. jaberwocky

jaberwocky

Sometimes the perfect os the enemy of the good.
    Sometimes perfect is the enemy of the good. I would be happy with another Beta with the distance tracking bug fixed.

34. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

How do we go about getting a version of this package with the latest fix for the distance tracking issue? (As an owner of the current package).

jaberwocky likes this.
  35. rahat090255

rahat090255

I purchased you game and also emailed on the mail that mentioned on the instruction. but my bad luck after 3 times mailing i did not got a single reply.

36. Ian094

Ian094

Hi,

I have been working on other things alongside the distance tracking issue so at the moment there is no version with just the fix to this issue.

I am currently working on better vehicle physics, AI and workflow.

For the vehicle physics, I am working on making them feel better as well as being easier to use.

For the AI, I am working on making them react better to other vehicles / obstacles and also the ability to choose different routes.

For the workflow, I am mainly working on a vehicle manager where RGSK users can setup and manage all their vehicles from. In v1.1.0, all vehicles were loaded from the resources folder but in 2.0 they will be loaded from a central Scriptable Object.

I'm hoping to have a new beta released soon with some fixes and new features then publish to the asset store shortly afterwards.

Thanks.

AbhishekRaj and toto2003 like this.
  37. Ian094

Ian094

Hi,

I still haven't received an email from you.

Please check your PMs.

38. Ian094

Ian094

Happy New Year Everyone!

39. jaberwocky

jaberwocky

I would also suggest that there be something not only for vehicles, but that it be extensible for vehicle options and for players-drivers. I have implemented the driver option for my prototype using a different system, but maybe you might be interested to see what I have done so far: www.hoverhero.website (only seems to be working in Firefox at the moment).

Ian094 likes this.
  40. Ian094

Ian094

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have a track manager planned too, where users can setup all their race tracks from.

I will check out the build shortly and get back to you.

Suggestions are always welcome, no matter how big or small. I really like to know what users would want from RGSK on top of what my plans are.

EDIT: Hmmm, doesn't seem to be loading for me on both Chrome and Firefox. I will try again later and let you know.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    AbhishekRaj likes this.
  41. jaberwocky

jaberwocky

Takes a long time to load on Firefox too. Not sure why. Haven't been investing time into optimizations because I am waiting for the next release. Might have to be a little patient...

In case it doesn't work for you - you start out with a basic character and basic vehicle. By winning races you can gain prize money that lets you upgrade both your vehicle's appearance and performance and your driver. Some premium features would require real money to buy.

Currently, I raided the free characters from the Asset Store, so you can drive as a Zombie, Knight, Soldier, Robot etc.

I wanted to add gestures to the store as well so that the character can wave his fist at the other drivers, do a victory dance, flip off the camera, etc. Gestures would be controlled by the player.

I also wanted to make the minimap and the boost as features that you have to add, but I haven't implemented any of that yet. Maybe some other additional features and abilities.

I am hoping to offer a basic game for free with upgrades as in game purchases. The framework I am using supports all of this, but requires a lot of rework to get it to work with RGSK.

EDIT: just tried to update it and now the Web GL isn't working for me either...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  42. egem2015

egem2015

Hi everybody.

i need your help.

please,can anybody tell me how i can integrate RCC into RGSK?

Because i followed the documentation but my car is falling from air continuously?

thanks in advance.

Kings Regards.

43. Ian094

Ian094

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply - I've been hard at work on v2.0 so I have not been on the forums as much as usual.

If you are using v1.1.0, this sounds like a layer issue so ensure that your track colliders are set to the "Ground" layer.

Check your project's Layer Collision Matrix to debug.

44. Emile97

Emile97

Any update/progress you can tell us about ? I finished with my vehicle physics and some other components, now my project is full of placeholders because I am waiting for your release...

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    JamesArndt likes this.
  45. egem2015

egem2015

Hi ian.

I hope you are fine my friend.

Thanks for your reply.

Can you have any video tutorial or something for RCC integration?

I followed docs in 1.1.0 . I messed up.

Thanks in advance.

King regards.

46. facundogalella

facundogalella

I'm wondering if we can update easily at 2.0 final or future beta if we use the current 2.0 beta.

Even with important points missing yet, is a solid aproach and allow have a lot of functions with only one asset.

Anyway, I would be pleased of have an estimated time of the next release.

47. forzaerdal

forzaerdal

Hi ian I am making a horse racing game with your asset.
    The problem is At starting grip, All horses are so close and they try to reach racing line at the same time. They push each other , move together. How can i make ai move forward, not racing line?

48. Emile97

Emile97

Hey @Intense_Gamer94 , please tell us that you have some big progress coming up soon(even another beta) .... Getting tired here...

49. derkoi

derkoi

You have a lot of customers waiting and asking questions. I get that you're busy, so am I, so is everyone here no doubt but at least answer questions and provide information when people ask. The forum should be checked daily.

Great product let down by abysmal customer support. Shame.

50. Ian094

Ian094

Hi,

Yes, I have made a lot of progress.

I have restructured a lot of the code to be more modular and I can say I have been quite successful at that.

There are still a number of issues I am facing right now and working to resolve.

These include:

- Game State Management
    - UI Management
    - Audio Management

I don't like to give dates (especially when I am still trying to figure things out), but I'm aiming to have a new beta released by the end of the month.

I'm sorry to hear that the development of 2.0 is putting your project on hold.

Development has by no means stopped, I am still working hard on this update and trying to get it rolled out as soon as I can.

Thanks.