Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[v2.0 soon] Racing Game Starter Kit - Easily create racing games!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Ian094, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Emile97

Emile97

Bro.. Any update on the situation?? (like did you get your pc or still at the guy's place) Thanks

2. Ian094

Ian094

Yeah, I got feedback from them on Thursday and they told me that my laptop is beyond repairable :(

I'm looking to get a new laptop sometime this week (hopefully the exact same model because I loved that laptop).

I'll manage to purchase a new one so I have withheld from starting a GoFundMe campaign.

I'll let Everyone know when I get a new one.

Thanks.

----

Edit: Their reason being that the repair cost would be more than a new model of the same laptop.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    Emile97 and AbhishekRaj like this.
  3. Emile97

Emile97

Ok ok, we are waiting for your return then :)

4. marcell123455

marcell123455

alright ;) good to know.

5. Arts-Apu

Arts-Apu

I am using version 1.1.0 for my game. But when i add checkpoint time 10( default ) to 15 or 20 it does not work. It still show 10s. How to fix it?

6. Ian094

Ian094

Hi Everyone,

I managed to get a new laptop yesterday!

I've been setting everything up and transferring data from my recovered hard drive. I'll get back to work on RGSK 2.0 and post development updates as often as I can.

Thanks for your support!

7. Emile97

Emile97

Goooddd good. Welcome back

ahmet28 likes this.
  8. Emile97

Emile97

Ow eu.. I have a question.. It just came up in my head.. Will it be possible to have like 2 finish line in one track? Like you can win the race if you pass any one of them

9. Ian094

Ian094

Yes, this will be possible.

I cant think of a reason why it wouldn't be.

10. jaberwocky

jaberwocky

Up and running again?

11. Arts-Apu

Arts-Apu

Hello,

This is my game. Made with RGSK v1.1.0 and Realistic Car Controller. Author of RGSK was very helpful and helped me a lot. Special thanks to him. Hope you will like it.

Download Now in Google Play

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    Neviah, magique, Ian094 and 1 other person like this.
  12. marcell123455

marcell123455

Huh, this looks really nice...

13. Arts-Apu

Arts-Apu

many thanks

14. magique

magique

I can't watch the video because it says your Youtube account has been terminated.

15. Arts-Apu

Arts-Apu

It should be work fine now.

16. Ian094

Ian094

Hi,

Yeah, got everything up and running a while ago.

I've been sorting out a few other things this month so I haven't done enough work to warrant a development update.

Over the past week, I've mainly been working on redesigning the track splines and giving the AI the ability to choose different routes. At the moment, I've got this working for pit stops - the AI can seamlessly go through pit lane and re-enter the track afterwards.

One of the issues I'm trying to tackle now is the dependency between the race scripts and the AI. I want to decouple these from each other so the AI can work outside of racing environments for those who may want to use them for other purposes. RGSK 2.0 will target both racing and driving games so this is quite an important step.

Thanks!

17. Emile97

Emile97

@Intense_Gamer94 , do you think you'll be finish with 2.0 in December or the month is too close ?
    Cause it has been almost a year since you came back to us lol and i'm still waiting for the final 2.0 to be release so that i can finally continue the development of my racing game ..
    thank you

18. JJ313

JJ313

Hello, I have a little problem with my Unity. There is a code called "Drivetrain" that is making an error and was not provided in the kit. Can someone help me solve this problem? Liam.png Josh.png Andrea.png

19. marcell123455

marcell123455

maybe you could give us more information. which script is giving you this error? also, did you looked again at the import window? maybe you find it there and forgot to import it? (don't know if there should be drivetrain script because im not at my pc)

Ian094 and JJ313 like this.
  20. jaberwocky

jaberwocky

Looks like you have the integration for Unitycar, no? Do you have Unitycar installed?

Ian094 likes this.
  21. marcell123455

marcell123455

why did i not saw that ^^ yeah thats propably his problem... ^^

Ian094 likes this.
  22. JJ313

JJ313

I don't have a "Drivetrain" script and the error is from OpponentControl. Two more things. One, there were several errors that mentioned "CarController" not being recognized, so I just wrote down "Car_Controller" because there was a script with that name. Also, there is another error from RGSK_UnitycarAI : Car_Controller that not only has the "drivetrain" error, but it also says
    `RGSK_UnitycarAI.GetInput(out float, out float, out float, out float, out float, out bool, out int)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override.

Sorry if I wrote a lot, but I would greatly appreciate it.

23. jaberwocky

jaberwocky

Again, do you have Unitycar?

Ian094 likes this.
  24. JJ313

JJ313

The one provided from unity?
    If you're talking about the car that is under Import Packages under Assets, then no.

25. jaberwocky

jaberwocky

No, Unitycar was a physics package that was available on the Asset Store. Has been deprecated since. You had to buy it and then import it. RGSK includes a number of scripts that can help you to integrate other physics packages and use them instead of the physics that are included by default The script that you are having troublle with is such a script. It is looking for the Unitycar physics package which you do not have. You should not be using any of the Unitycar scripts or any of the other integrations (EVP, RCC, Unitycar2.2, RVP & Rewired) unless you have those packages installed.

Ian094 likes this.
  26. JJ313

JJ313

Is it available now still or not because I couldn't find it when I searched it up on Unity Store?

27. jaberwocky

jaberwocky

No, it is no longer available and you probably do not want it or need it. It was just for people who wanted to use it for some reason or the other. Just delete all the files that have to do with Unitycar.

Ian094 likes this.
  28. Coray_Designs

Coray_Designs

Hello all,
    I am developing a racing game for electric cars and I was wondering if I could get help with a couple of things I am struggling with. I'm afraid I’m very new with game design and coding so you will need to bear with me a bit.

Firstly with the car colour selector in the car menu. I can’t quite work out how to get it to be able to use an object (Or transform) instead of a texture as the designs I am using don’t have textures and they use materials designed to replicate car paint. I have created the cars and I have created separate bodies all within the prefab and I am trying to get the car customisation menu to be able to switch from one car body to another. If this cant be done is there a way to create a texture out of the car designs with the materials on them?

Secondly, this is not as much to do with RGSK, but I was wondering what everyone else has done with in-app purchases and putting ads in their games as I am struggling a bit with implementing them.

Finally, this is also not really related to RGSK but does anyone use a custom render pipeline e.g. the lightweight render pipeline, as I would like to know if it is worth using and what sort of difference it makes to the game.

Love RGSK, I couldn’t have got this far without it. Many thanks all, Nick

29. marcell123455

marcell123455

I think you should create a seperate forum thread for it, and maybe post some screenshots and code so that everyone can see what you are alking about. and explain what you want to do.

Emile97 likes this.
  30. fredastaire

fredastaire

I was wondering if it’s possible to make a championship and heat race feature within the structure of your kit?

31. Ian094

Ian094

Hi,

Thank you for being so patient. I can't promise a release in December but we will definitely see a lot of progress.

Developing RGSK 2.0 has been a big challenge for me (obviously). When I first started working on this update, I had a vision of what I wanted for the asset and I simply haven't settled for anything less.

We will see the long awaited 2.0 update soon and it will be astounding - that's a promise.

jaberwocky, Emile97 and AbhishekRaj like this.
  32. Ian094

Ian094

Hi,

The issue here is that you have not imported Unitycar 2.2 in your project.

Unitycar is deprecated and I will not provide an official integration for it in the 2.0 update.

Check out this thread for more info:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/dep...te-and-accurate-vehicle-sim-on-unity3d.90390/

33. Ian094

Ian094

Hi,

Yes, Championships are supported in the current v2.0 beta version. However, not in v1.1.0.

Championships are still a work in progress and will be a complete feature in the final 2.0 release.

Thanks.

34. fredastaire

fredastaire

What about qualifying?

35. Ian094

Ian094

This is a planned feature.

36. Emile97

Emile97

Ahn oki oki. Thanks for the answer :). On your last post you talked about the Ai( that you were trying to set it up as a stand alone component). Did you finish with it. Like I wanna know a lil more about the progress on the Ai part. That's the critical part I guess.. Thank you

37. gibmation

gibmation

Hi Quick question, I see that rewired has an integration kit for RGSK.

If using RCC physics does this integration kit still work out of the box?

Thanks in advance.
    G.

38. jaberwocky

jaberwocky

No Christmas gift this year? :~(

39. mitis

mitis

And when I will have the final version when I bought an asset from you, you said it would be soon and I’m already waiting for more than a year

40. Ian094

Ian094

Yes, I made lots of progress here.

There are still references to race components such as the RaceManager in their code but they can completely work without the need to be in a racing environment.

41. Ian094

Ian094

Unfortunately not.

The input management in v1.1.0a was targeted to the default physics only.

The new input management system setup for v2.0 will be more robust so the Rewired integration will work across all integrated vehicle physics.

42. Ian094

Ian094

Christmas is in a month.

A lot can happen in a month so I wouldn't rule anything out ;)

jaberwocky likes this.
  43. Ian094

Ian094

It's been a frustrating journey for all of us and I'm sorry for that.

We'll get there.

44. Ian094

Ian094

RGSK is 50% off for the Cyber Week Mega Sale!

45. chrisabranch

chrisabranch

is there a way to split the waypoints so the racers can take an alternate path? this is a must for any good race game other than Nascar.

46. Emile97

Emile97

I don't really get your question properly but on one of his previous post he said that the ai was updated to be able to take alternative roads.

47. Ian094

Ian094

Yes, this is a work in progress and will be possible in v2.0.

The idea right now is to make each path a separate spline. The AI will then pass through a trigger containing an array of paths and make a decision on which one to follow.

chrisabranch likes this.
  48. vladmxr

vladmxr

Hi! I'm an beginner and i have some problem in adding vehicle player. I have added vehicle in scene, configured them by following the instructions but this error continue to apear in console.

49. Ian094

Ian094

Hi,

Can you tell me what the error says?

Thanks.

50. vladmxr

vladmxr

Add player vehicle.