Search Unity

[v2.0] Mobile Console Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Pixeption, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Pixeption

Pixeption

Hi everyone,

If you're a mobile game developer and you're struggling with debugging, then you're in the right place.

Mobile Console Kit
    Mobile Console Kit is a Unity Asset Store that help you not just viewing logs in mobile devices, but helping you monitor, do experiment and speed up development time.

Note: Mobile Console Kit depends on TextMesh Pro for high performance and customization. You need to install TextMesh Pro and import Essential Resources before installing Mobile Console Kit

Video Demo

Key features
    • Enable/Disable Mobile Console with a single click (no trace left)
    • Highly optimization, can handle dozen of thousands of logs
    • Supports basic functions like filter log by type, collapse
    • Supports log channel
    • Search log with Regex
    • Share log via Native Share
    • Unified portrait and landscape UI, resizable window and adjustable background transparency
    • User-defined Setting and Commands, allow you to create your own tools
    • Comes with powerful tools including:
      • Application & Device info
      • Search GameObject by name/tag/component
      • Inspect PlayerPrefs
      • Inspect persistent data

Table of content

For more detail on each features, please see the wiki below:

Basic
    Advance
    Migrate from v1.0 to v2.0
    As there are many parts of the tool have been rewritten, it's recommended that you need to delete the whole Mobile Console folder before import the new one

Demo APK

Questions, Feedbacks, Feature Requests and Support
    Feel free to post here or contact me at pixeption@gmail.com

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  2. Pixeption

Pixeption

I'm happy to announce that Mobile Console Kit v2.0 has been released on Asset Store with tons of new features (Full change log). Here are some highlight features

View Builder
    Part of the tool UI has been rewritten to allow customization so you can create your tool just like one of below tools. For more information, please check out our wiki

Log Channel

Log channel or log tag is a way that help you classify your logs. Imagine you're developing a feature, you put some logs and interest only those logs, however the log view will be flooded with other logs from other features/system. This is when Log Channel comes to rescue.

By default, the log format is [channel name]. You can add multiple channels in a log by separator character "," , example [Renderer, Material]

To print a log with channel, you can use Unity debug log or built-in log that comes with Mobile Console:
    • Unity log: UnityEngine.Debug.Log("[Renderer] message...");
    • Built-in log: Log.Debug("[Renderer] message..."); or Log.DebugChannel("Renderer", "message...");

View App and device infos
    This command will show most of information of app and device. You can share it via the share button at the bottom right corner. These information will be added when you share log by default

Persistent Data Inspector

This command show which data has been downloaded or written to persistent data folder, you can even inspect it if it's a text or image file. You can share one or multiple files via Native Share

PlayerPrefs Inspector
    You can view or even update the data that are saved in Player Prefs. This command supports view PlayerPrefs data on Editor Mac & Windows, iOS and Android.

By default, all key starts with MobileConsole. will be hidden as those are used for the tool only and make no sense to your game

Search GameObject
    You can search any GameObject that is in current scenes. There are 3 types of search:
    • Name: GameObject name
    • Tag: Please note that when searching with Tag, the Ignore Case value has no effect as Unity doesn't allow that
    • Component: This will compare your search string with the full qualifier class name of the MonoBehaviour class. For example if you have a class named GameEngine.PlayerController, search for string player will return all the objects that have this component
    When you have the result, you can inspect the GameObject components, even private values will be shown here

3. Pixeption

Pixeption

Mobile Console Kit v2.0.2 has been released on Asset Store. The changes made are as follow:
    Features
    • [Android] Add support for Android Back button, you can now back and close views
    • [Command] Get a command instance by its type via LogConsole.GetCommand
    • [View] Add LogConsole.OnVisibilityChanged event
    Fixes
    • [Command] Press the Action button causes exception
    • [View] ScrollView doesn't save scroll position position correctly
    • [View] A pixel off between top bar and center view on some devices
    • [Command] Put unsupported public field type (Vector2, ...) in command causes exception and the tool stop working
    Improvements
    • [Command] OnVariableValueLoaded and OnValueChanged(string varName) functions no longer deprecated. You decide what to use
    • [Command/Dropdown] Improve the way long string values are displayed in dropdown cell
    • [Command/Dropdown] Assign default value to dropdown field if it hasn't been initialized yet
    • [Command] Warning about unsupported field type in Command

4. ServiceCaliburnus

ServiceCaliburnus

Hello!

Could you, please, put a class in that dll (Mobile Console\Plugins\Log.dll) out of global namespace? It completely messes up the Zenject plugin if used in the same project.

Thank you.

5. Pixeption

Pixeption

6. ServiceCaliburnus

ServiceCaliburnus

7. blamejane

blamejane

I'm very interested in your asset. I wanted to check first if it can do what I need...

Basically my app has random crash that I'm trying to track down. My hope was to be able to access the debug/crash logs after-the-fact. That is, after inserting a bunch of debug.log statements and deploying to my device. Then if/when my app crashes (which seems to occur during some startup task), I won't be able to read the logs until the application starts on next run.

Will your asset save the crash data so the next time I run the app I can view that data? Or is there some way to access the logs?

Thanks.

8. orangetech

orangetech

Can not open console ui on unity 2020.3!
    fix it,please

9. Pixeption

Pixeption