Search Unity

[v2.0 soon] Racing Game Starter Kit - Easily create racing games!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Ian094, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Cleuton-Albuquerque

Cleuton-Albuquerque

Friend, could you please give me your e-mail.

Hug.

2. Atzig

Atzig

Just use my inbox.

3. magique

magique

Intense_Gamer94 was last seen: Dec 10, 2017

I'm beginning to think something bad happened to him. I pray that's not true, but it definitely has been very long since he was last here and no one has been able to reach him via PM or e-mail.

4. Atzig

Atzig

I think he just abandoned the asset

5. magique

magique

That makes no sense. There was no indication whatsoever that he would just randomly for no reason do such a thing.

6. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

Remember, he was promising about the release of v2 since an year. I think that he knew that he couldn't release it due to various reasons and thus he just abandoned this asset.

Atzig likes this.
  7. magique

magique

Yes, and he was showing progress all along the way and was obviously very, very close to a finished update.

And there you just made a giant leap without any basis for it. You "think" that he "knew" he couldn't release it? What line of reasoning led you to believe that he "knew" he couldn't release it? He released the first version quite well and the upgrade isn't impossible obviously.

8. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

OK! Everything you said is correct but can you explain his absence?

I was never complaining about v1. I was just saying about v2 which is due since a year. 1 year is a long time to release. He could have released atleast the beta version.

9. magique

magique

Like I said, maybe something bad happened to him. Possible health issue or whatnot. I was working on a TV pilot a few years ago and working with a guy I never met long distance. we talked on the phone and e-mailed, but suddenly we weren't hearing from him anymore. Eventually, his wife e-mailed me and told me he passed away from heart failure. So, you never know.

AbhishekRaj likes this.
  10. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

This itself is so horrifying to hear. :confused:

Hoping to see @Intense_Gamer94 soon.

11. Atzig

Atzig

That's what makes the most sense. What indication could there be for abandoning an asset?

AbhishekRaj likes this.
  12. Atzig

Atzig

What makes you say that? We hardly saw anything of this update other than a brief video.

AbhishekRaj and Felicityinc like this.
  13. magique

magique

Because he said so. And considering how long he was working on it, it seemed reasonable to believe he was being honest.

14. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

It is very difficult to believe on his words especially after all this absence.

Please keep in mind that he has not replied to any messages since 10th of December. So, it's really hard to believe him.

Atzig likes this.
  15. Atzig

Atzig

I agree, I think we all thought that v2 was really close but he barely showed us anything at all.

16. magique

magique

Well, it's all speculation at this point. We'll just have to wait and see.

antoripa likes this.
  17. Atzig

Atzig

A lack of progress on the championships the last few days, I've been stuck on the editor / inspector for awhile. Posted the issue on the Unity forums and hopefully get an answer soon so I can move forward with it. There's some code posted there if you want to get a little insight into what I'm doing.

Link

18. antoripa

antoripa

you should post even the definition and assignment part. I think that issue is in the assignemtn not in the loop. It looks like that happen by reference .. i mean that championships.raceIndex have same reference .

19. Atzig

Atzig

raceIndex is serialized in the championship class, so it is specific to the championship. The problem is the way I'm using the for loops:

Code (CSharp):
    1. // the i is not the correct int to pass, neither is the j, i needs to specify the championship as well as the current race
    2. championshipScript.championships[i].raceIndex
    I've tried 100 different things including lists, arrays, classes for the races, so I'm out of ideas.

20. antoripa

antoripa

hope the 101st will be the right one . .

21. Atzig

Atzig

Yep, I've got a few days off to work on it and if I can't figure it out or don't get an answer on the Unity forums, I'll post what I have and someone else can take over.

antoripa likes this.
  22. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

Hi friends,
    The mobile controls in my scene are not working. I have attached the Mobile UI Panel in my scene and assigned the buttons but it's still not working. I can move the car by arrow keys but not by the on screen buttons. I am attaching a few pics of my setup. Kindly have a look. Capture 1.JPG Capture 2.JPG

23. Felicityinc

Felicityinc

Your Input Device is "Keyboard" change it to "Mobile".

24. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

Thanks for the reply. Actually, there is no "Mobile" option present in the Input Device. The problem was the Player Control script of my car model. I had not selected mobile for that particular car's input method.

Felicityinc likes this.
  25. tads421

tads421

Please someone tell me what is going on, I emailed the dev over a year ago asking for support The dev did give me the support i asked for right away and i must say in good time so my development did not sit waiting for answers, after i had fixed this he had told me i should probably want to rebuild my game in the 2.0 framework that was due out very soon i think he said it would just be weeks and would be better for my game, so i done no more and put my game on hold let my community know that a new update to a framework i am using is coming out and should be better then ever.

We are more then 1 year on and still no update! i have also sent out a few emails asking whats going on for him to say he will post here when its ready.

i have lost half of the community that was looking at and waiting for my game and have nothing to show for the money i spent on this kit! yes i know i still have the version on the store now but i was told v2.0 should be my way to go.

IF YOU HAD NO INTENTION ON RELEASING THIS UPDATE WITHING THE FEW WEEKS YOU TOLD ME THEN DON'T TELL ME AND WASTE MY TIME. i put my money and faith in you and for what!

TBH i am real disappointed and wish i would have gone for the other kit that's on the store! but no way i will get my money back now being as i have had the kit for so long!

RANT Done, lesson learned and burnt from buying from unity asset store!

AbhishekRaj likes this.
  26. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

I am feeling really sorry for you. I am also facing problems because of this lie of the developer. If you check a few pages back, there was a long discussion about this.

I think that it's time to look out for another kit like RGSK. I have lost all hopes of seeing v2.

27. tomiciprian

tomiciprian

Hey man i have a question about this kit or someone please help me.... i don't really use the kit for the track or for racing game... i am using it because the Main Menu + Car Selector + Map Selector and vehicle & camera spawn in the game.

My problem is i want to make my game something like that but i can't..... here is a example how i want to make my game -> you have 3 cars, Car A - Car B - Car C ok? now i want when i select car A + NEW SCENE = playing with car A in the new scene and if i chose for car C + NEW SCENE = playing with car C on the New SCENE.... thats how i want.
    but the problem is when i chose car A + NEW SCENE = Car A on the NEW SCENE but when i chose for car C + NEW SCENE = Car A ON THE NEW SCENE .......WHy???? can you please explain me how does it work? or what i am doing wrong.... but i'm not done here, Today i saw the owner of the program explaining about this problem and now when i chose any car... the CAR IS NOT SHOWING IN THE NEW SCENE.... idk what to do anymore... i have a player camera in my new scene + Race Manager and spawnpoint... idk what to do now.... can you explain me how to make it work? please you are my only chance left.
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH

28. magique

magique

Do you think that putting your request in all caps and bold will make the author log in and read it?

29. magique

magique

For those of you assuming the author is a liar and has abandoned his asset, take a look at what happened to another asset author last year:

That was the author of Distingo. No one knows what happened to this author. I pray it was nothing serious, but he was always so reliable that it's hard to believe he's just abandoned everything for no reason.

30. tomiciprian

tomiciprian

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME :(((

Hey man i have a question about this kit or someone please help me.... i don't really use the kit for the track or for racing game... i am using it because the Main Menu + Car Selector + Map Selector and vehicle & camera spawn in the game.

My problem is i want to make my game something like that but i can't..... here is a example how i want to make my game -> you have 3 cars, Car A - Car B - Car C ok? now i want when i select car A + NEW SCENE = playing with car A in the new scene and if i chose for car C + NEW SCENE = playing with car C on the New SCENE.... thats how i want.
    but the problem is when i chose car A + NEW SCENE = Car A on the NEW SCENE but when i chose for car C + NEW SCENE = Car A ON THE NEW SCENE .......WHy???? can you please explain me how does it work? or what i am doing wrong.... but i'm not done here, Today i saw the owner of the program explaining about this problem and now when i chose any car... the CAR IS NOT SHOWING IN THE NEW SCENE.... idk what to do anymore... i have a player camera in my new scene + Race Manager and spawnpoint... idk what to do now.... can you explain me how to make it work? please you are my only chance left.
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH

31. tomiciprian

tomiciprian

i

The person who help me i will give him this Asset for free Fracturing & Destruction
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/fracturing-destruction-9411

32. Atzig

Atzig

The dev has more or less disappeared from the forums/email support etc. Whatever the reason, the asset is basically abandoned. We've tried contacting him here, by e-mail and he is not responding to anything. Don't rely on v2 of this asset, it's been promised for a long, long time and almost nothing has materialized and in my opinion, won't.

AbhishekRaj likes this.
  33. Atzig

Atzig

Where is Car A in your project? It has to be under RacingGameStarterKit->Resources->PlayerVehicles

Is there a typo in your menu manager? Under menu vehicles, there's a field called ResourceName, that has to match your prefab name EXACTLY or it won't load.

AbhishekRaj likes this.
  34. tomiciprian

tomiciprian

NVM MAN now i'm getting this error
    IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    RGSK.MenuManager.LerpStats () (at Assets/RacingGameStarterKit/Scripts/Misc/MenuManager.cs:389)
    RGSK.MenuManager.Update () (at Assets/RacingGameStarterKit/Scripts/Misc/MenuManager.cs:206)

idk nothing about coding i only use assets. so NVM i have to find other menu assets....

DO you want this assets?
    2 options

option nr 1 you download it from internet i give u link
    or
    i can sent you it on Facebook Messenger... i can't upload here file is to big.

35. magique

magique

Do we want what asset?

36. tomiciprian

tomiciprian

37. tomiciprian

tomiciprian

38. tomiciprian

tomiciprian

Edit: piracy

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2018
  39. Atzig

Atzig

I'd like to clarify that I didn't want the asset lol.

40. Atzig

Atzig

Posting pirated assets is BS dude, you've probably got a ban coming to you.

41. Atzig

Atzig

That was fast.

Attached Files:

• ban.PNG
      ban.PNG
      File size:
      23.9 KB
      Views:
  42. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

it was way obvious, the ban was coming.... there is zero % tolerance for piracy here one should understand... there goes all his investment made in asset store...

43. nahid246

nahid246

Is There anyone can Help me.Recently bought this asset. But Can't Communicate with the author. How can I solve this issueo_Oo_O

44. Ian094

Ian094

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for being away for so long, I almost feel like a stranger here.

I hope everyone is having a great 2018 so far! My goal was to have v2.0 released before the end of 2017 and I failed. It hurts, but sometimes life gets in the way.

Things have been quite tough for me over the last month and a half meaning that I couldn't come on the forums, give any support or work on v2.0 as much as I would have liked to.

The Racing Game Starter Kit is by no means dead or abandoned, I believe v2.0 is just the beginning of greater things for this asset. Thank you for all the concern that has gone towards my well being. Nothing tragic happened to me.

Instead of working on v2.0 for any longer, I've decided to release BETA so as to get feedback to ensure myself that I am taking development in the right direction. As you can imagine, it's been very difficult for me to get to this point after multiple failed released dates. I feel that If I continue with development, several more weeks will go by, so I would much rather start getting feedback now than go crazy in the near future.

In it's current state, v2.0 BETA is ready to be tested but lacks many features that I was hoping to have finished by now.

For those who would still like to take part in BETA to help resolve problems and fix bugs, I will leave a post below on how to do so.

Please note that v2.0 is not complete and is very much still a work in progress. As mentioned above, it lacks many features and parts of the system such as AI are not finished but I am hoping to get all these features finished together with all the beta testers.

I will be doing some final tests and writing somewhat simple documentation today and have v2.0 BETA available tomorrow. Meanwhile, please read my post below on how you can get your hands on v2.0 BETA.

One thing to note about BETA is that I have not done any integrations with other assets. All integrations will be done during the BETA phase or by the end of it. BETA will most probably run till the end of February depending on how much constructive feedback I get and how much work I can put in to fixing bugs and resolving the current issues.

Here is a changelog for v2.0 BETA - I made the mistake of not updating it everytime I added/changed something so I guess quite a few things are missing from it:

I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused anyone. I will try to reply to any posts, emails or PMs today.

Thanks for bearing with me!

45. Ian094

Ian094

Hi,

If you would like to take part in the v2.0 beta, please send me a PM or email of your invoice number and I will send you a copy.

Please do not request v2.0 BETA if you are not ready to deal with bugs and/or issues or give any feedback. As I have mentioned, v2.0 is not complete and is still in development. This means that script file names, folder structure and more things may change, thus making your project incompatible with the final release on the asset store. Keep this in mind.

I would recommend using the beta version to sort of prototype your work and see what kind of issues you run into and let me know about them.

Beta is merely an experimental version that I can get feedback from to better the asset and make sure that the final release will be foolproof, unlike previous versions. Remember, any feedback is good feedback so don't hold back.

Below are some of the goals for v2.0 beta:
    Some Known Issues:
    Thanks.

46. magique

magique

@Intense_Gamer94 Great to see you back. I'm happy to see that nothing tragic has happened to you. I knew you wouldn't just lie to us or abandon the asset as others feared. I'm glad to see my trust was not in vain.

Ian094 and Mayureshete like this.
  47. Treacle-Games

Treacle-Games

Hi
    So glad your back and hope everything is getting back on track for you. I would be happy to beta test V2. Will email you my invoice shortly.

Regards
    Mark

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    Ian094 likes this.
  48. blakeysal

blakeysal

nice 2 ere your back hope all is OK with u. I would be happy to beta test V2
    Ian wanted to ask what version of unity to use for the Beta mate

49. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

i cant say how much I am happy to see you back, Even I was on the verge of giving hope.... I will send you my invoice no.. Lets Do this... :D

Just PM ed you....

Ian094 likes this.
  50. Atzig

Atzig

Whoa! Glad to see I was wrong about the asset! Welcome back!

Ian094 and Mayureshete like this.