Search Unity

[v2.0 soon] Racing Game Starter Kit - Easily create racing games!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Ian094, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Atzig

Atzig

It is for people depending on this kit.

Not intentionally but after this long of being told "soon" it can feel that way.

Then you should understand EXACTLY why people are frustrated.

Again, if it bothers you, unsubscribing is easy. You can't just tell people to be quiet because you don't like what they have to say.

AbhishekRaj and Max1982 like this.
  2. magique

magique

That goes both ways.

3. Cleuton-Albuquerque

Cleuton-Albuquerque

Does anyone have some championship script or some video on youtube teaching?

Hug to everyone

4. Atzig

Atzig

Yes, yes it does but since you're the one doing the complaining...

AbhishekRaj likes this.
  5. magique

magique

Forgive me. I'm the one complaining. I'm complaining about people complaining. And that's you. Seriously, that's the last word I'll say. I've waited over a year and I can wait longer.

6. Atzig

Atzig

I could not care less.

AbhishekRaj likes this.
  7. wilxr

wilxr

One year is a long time for an update, small samples of progress would have been the right thing to do

8. obstudio

obstudio

magique likes this.
  9. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

Now, it's really too much. Where are you @Intense_Gamer94?

FYI, I had sent him Email twice. Firstly, 3 days ago and another mail today but there is no reply. Now, it is proved that the developer lied. Our time and money both are gone. I have wasted a lot of time waiting for the update. My projects are halted since 2 months.

10. magique

magique

11. wilxr

wilxr

12. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

That's you! Only you can wait. Seriously dude, go and create something innovative.

Don't waste your and everybody else's time. If people are complaining then why are you making hue and cry about it? They are not complaining to you. You are not the dictator or moderator of this forum. Just mind your own business

13. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

Happy new year to all of you from my side. May 2018 bring happiness in your lives.:)

Max1982, Atzig and Mayureshete like this.
  14. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

Happy new year.. :D

Max1982, Atzig and AbhishekRaj like this.
  15. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

I was waiting for this asset and easyroads V3 to complete their update together.. easyroads v3 is now live on asset store. looks awesome.

Max1982, AbhishekRaj and magique like this.
  16. jaberwocky

jaberwocky

Figured out why my hovers weren't working. This seems to be missing from the tutorial:

In OpponentControl.cs

void FixedUpdate()
    {
    if (!stats)
    return;

if (car_controller)
    {
    currentSpeed = car_controller.currentSpeed;

topSpeed = (!brakezone && !stats.knockedOut) ? car_controller.topSpeed : brakeSpeed;
    }

if (bike_controller)
    {
    currentSpeed = bike_controller.currentSpeed;

topSpeed = (!brakezone && !stats.knockedOut) ? bike_controller.topSpeed : brakeSpeed;
    }

if (my_controller)
    {
    currentSpeed = my_controller.my_currentSpeed;

topSpeed = (!brakezone && !stats.knockedOut) ? my_controller.my_topSpeed : brakeSpeed;
    }

So now, they move but the just spin around in a circle. This is most likely due to the fact that steering a hovercraft is like driving on ice with racing slicks on a drift car. I am currently attempting to tweak the settings, but would appreciate any tips that anyone might have as to which settings might be the most effective.

17. Max1982

Max1982

Hey guys, do you know how to change render texture to render material in car body in menu in RGSk v1.1.0? I would like to use render material than render texture.

18. mitis

mitis

You're talking about this, that's what you're going to finish, and it's been 4 months already and there's still no

19. derkoi

derkoi

Hmmm, I don't like the tumbleweeds that keep rolling by....

Hope everything is ok with the developer, he seems to have gone quiet.

jrintala and Mayureshete like this.
  20. Max1982

Max1982

bump

21. Silveralby

Silveralby

Hello guys I'm are beginner and in the process of making my game. To try I exported it for PC but when I launch the game, there are two errors in the canvas. The first, the starting grid once the race has started is empty and does not disappear. The second, when the race is over and I click on the main menu, the screen turns black but does not leave the game. Does anyone know the reason? thank's.

22. Silveralby

Silveralby

I'm trying to use RGSK with RCC. I wanted to ask you if you only need to configure the player car or do you need to configure the AI cars? sorry for the trivial question but I'm learning.

23. Atzig

Atzig

You need to configure AI and player cars. Don't forget to import the RCC integration package in RGSK.

24. Atzig

Atzig

Check your scene for null reference exceptions, these can and will give you problems, make sure your cars/racers have names. For the second issue, make sure the main menu scene has been added to your build settings.

25. Silveralby

Silveralby

Thank's Atzig.

26. Silveralby

Silveralby

Thanks a lot Atzig, in fact both for the car and for the menu I have not yet created, that's why the problem.

27. Max1982

Max1982

Hey guys

Anyone knows how to modify menu manager that player may also sell cars?

It should be inverse of buy I think.

I dont believe that nobody knows that or maybe doesnt want to share with others people :(?

28. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

Can anyone help me in integrating RCC with RGSK? I had followed the sequences mentioned in the manual but somehow it's not working.

I had asked this question earlier but I have not got any satisfactory response.

29. Silveralby

Silveralby

Does anyone know if the author of RGSK has finally done the tutorial to configure the initial menu? Thank's

30. Silveralby

Silveralby

In RGSK you must first enable in window > RGSK, the components for the external player and AI player. Then in the asset in "other" there is the integration for RCC to be enabled.

31. Atzig

Atzig

No problem!

You could add a sell button to your canvas, add this to your MenuManager script under Vehicle Select UI (don't forget to assign it in the inspector):

Code (CSharp):
    1. public Button sellButton;
    Then, in MenuManager under UpdateUI find the switch case State.VehicleSelect and add:

Code (CSharp):
    1. // check if the vehicle is owned before selling
    2. if(menuVehicles[vehicleIndex].unlocked)
    3. {
    4.      sellButton.SetActive(true);
    5. }
    And in the same section:

Code (CSharp):
    1. // give the player half the car's value and re-lock it
    2. if(sellButton)
    3. {
    4.      PlayerData.AddCurrency(menuVehicles[vehicleIndex].price / 2);
    5.      menuVehicles[vehicleIndex].unlocked = false;
    6. }
    I haven't tested this code but it should work, if not I'll have another look at it later.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    Max1982 likes this.
  32. Atzig

Atzig

What's the issue?

AbhishekRaj likes this.
  33. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

Whenever I try to load my RCC car to the scene, the car disappears. Sometimes, it loads up correctly but the controls don't work. Basically, I want to know steps to integrate them successfully. The ReadMe file of RGSK also doesn't provide detailed instructions about this.

Also some tips to merge the RCC and RGSK UIs will also help me.

34. Max1982

Max1982

Hi, did you resolve your problem? Could you share what Developer said and upload script fo others users?

35. Max1982

Max1982

Thank you
    I'll check this out

36. Silveralby

Silveralby

hi guys I created my personal racecar and the built setting reads it. I imported the menuCar demo into the hierarchy but what should I change over the cars to make it compatible to my racecar? is not there a guide to follow to do it?

37. Atzig

Atzig

Not sure about the car disappearing other than to make sure something is assigned to the PlayerCar slot in your race scene. Check your console for errors too, as I mentioned in a previous post null reference exceptions can cause you a lot of issues. Make sure your controls are set correctly under Tools-> BoneCracker Games->Realistic Car Controller->Edit RCC Settings. If it's set to Mobile, your keyboard won't work and vice versa. Next time it loads up correctly but the controls don't work, pause it and check the canControl bool on your car, if it's false, it won't work. Other than that, there's not a lot I can tell you without looking at the scene itself. If you want to build a repro scene and send it to me, I'll take a look at it.

As for merging the UI's you should be able to drop the RCC canvas prefab into your race scene and copy/paste/position the elements you want into your RGSK UI. Or you can simply use both canvases. As long as your car is configured correctly, RCC's UI will work.

All you need to do is place your car prefab under the Menu_Vehicles game object, then assign your car prefab to the MenuManager->Vehicle Settings->Menu Vehicles, you'll see "Lotus Sport 1", unfold that and you'll see a vehicle field, drag and drop your prefab there.

AbhishekRaj likes this.
  38. Silveralby

Silveralby

Hello Atzig excuses the constant questions but I'm one step away from finishing. I followed your instructions for the CarMenu, I tried the race and everything seems ok. The problem is always at the end of the race, when I click on the main menu, black screen but don't exit to the game. I get the error: "Scene 'Menu could not be loaded because it has not been added to the build or the AssetBundle has not been loaded."
    But both the menu scene and the race scene are present in the built setting. I'm going crazy :(

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  39. Felicityinc

Felicityinc

Hey ,
    I think your RaceUI don't have the correct name for the Menu Scene.It is by default "Menu" so change it to whatever you have named the menu scene.
    Maybe this can fix your issue.
    It is under " SceneRef " in RaceUI script.
    Best of luck!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  40. Silveralby

Silveralby

Great Felicityinc you've hit the problem. Actually in scene ref the name of the menu was not there. I entered it and now the race ends regularly. Thank's a lot

Felicityinc likes this.
  41. Atzig

Atzig

Started working on a new UI / championships for RGSK yesterday, thought I'd show you my progress. The editor is very basic at the moment, UI is giving more of a headache than I thought it would. Anyway, check it out and I'll keep you guys posted on my progress.

Attached Files:

42. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

Thanks a lot buddy for your support. Really appreciate it.

I will surely update here about the outcome.

Thanks once again

Atzig likes this.
  43. Cleuton-Albuquerque

Cleuton-Albuquerque

Friend share your knowledge, please, because we need this mode of championship, success always.

Big hug.

AbhishekRaj likes this.
  44. Silveralby

Silveralby

Hi guys, I want to ask you about the name of the player. I saw that in the setting panel of the game menu, you can change the player's name, as well as the volume. I do not know why but does not memorize the name in the game, surely I have to change some parameters. I followed the instructions on the pdf but do not believe it is the same topic.

45. Atzig

Atzig

Once I get it working, I'll post it here. I don't know when that will be though.

AbhishekRaj and Arts-Apu like this.
  46. Cleuton-Albuquerque

Cleuton-Albuquerque

Thanks for listening

47. autobotlongarm

autobotlongarm

Is there a way to make selected paint for certain cars?

48. riothedev

riothedev

Can This work with a xbox 360 game pad?

49. Atzig

Atzig

Just a small update about the championships stuff I'm working on. The previous set up I had was extremely tedious, so rather than using arrays and having you re-enter a bunch of info, the script will now grab info from your already created menu tracks and you'll simply be able to cycle through your tracks in the editor (see the image) . Obviously this is a WIP and is still very buggy. But once I get the bugs worked out with the editor, all that's really left is creating a point system, getting a UI together and making sure RGSK is working with it.

Attached Files:

50. Silveralby

Silveralby

hi guys, I can not solve with the starting grid. I created a scene using the demo as a reference, the cars run on the track normally. At the start, however, the starting grid is empty. what's missing that I have to add? thanks to those who want to respond to a passionate beginner.
    Cattura.JPG